The Big Relegation Thread

6 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Burkey had 4 shots on target last night. He bursting a gut for a team full of losers. If it wasn’t for him and Lafferty we’d be down weeks ago.

It's not just those two, Pinnock and Kiltie were very good last night too. Our attack has been pretty good since Wright took over, it's just everyone else behind it. I think we could quite reasonably release every single goalkeeper, defender and central midfielder in the summer without any concern.

16 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

Certainly wouldn't rule it out.
No chance are we keeping Lafferty out & we're too weak going forward to take advantage of Killie's dodgy defence.

Killie will beat us so it's up to County not to lose.

Aye, you'll need to probably stick in a few hard tackles on Lafferty to have a chance...

Would be appreciated!

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not just those two, Pinnock and Kiltie were very good last night too. Our attack has been pretty good since Wright took over, it's just everyone else behind it. I think we could quite reasonably release every single goalkeeper, defender and central midfielder in the summer without any concern.

I think our two recent games pretty much sum up this point. Still, 12 goals, divided equally is fucking great entertainment.

Pinnock is decent, I like him. I see he's OOC - reckon he'll stay?

Edited by Coventry Saint

Killie feel a wee bit like 'Well when we ended up in the playoffs.  We signed Scott McDonald who made a massive difference (maybe not as apparent as Lafferty) and we improved a lot but never really got rid of the underlying problems that had us down there in the first place. I think as we were against Rangers, Killie* will be too strong for Dundee when all said and done.

*I'm assuming they will finish 11th but it's not decided yet obviously.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Have Dundee been playing with Fontaine and McGhee as a centre back pairing? They aren't total huddies tbf

No, McGhee is our energy in the middle of the park. Does a fucking decent job of it, too. 

Fontaine is gubbed. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

That’s a familiar refrain.  It’s shite being rubbish. 

Edited by Savage Henry

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

No, McGhee is our energy in the middle of the park. Does a fucking decent job of it, too. 

Fontaine is gubbed. 

Fontaine was practically dead when County released him. He’s done well to make it this far. 

54 minutes ago, Swello said:

Killie feel a wee bit like 'Well when we ended up in the playoffs.  We signed Scott McDonald who made a massive difference (maybe not as apparent as Lafferty) and we improved a lot but never really got rid of the underlying problems that had us down there in the first place. I think as we were against Rangers, Killie* will be too strong for Dundee when all said and done.

*I'm assuming they will finish 11th but it's not decided yet obviously.

It is fair to say that in some certain players found something extra for the playoff against Rangers.

Honestly i think if Killie are in the playoffs again it will be like their last time against Falkirk. They might struggle a bit in the first leg but should have enough quality over two games to see off Dundee.

18 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is fair to say that in some certain players found something extra for the playoff against Rangers.

Honestly i think if Killie are in the playoffs again it will be like their last time against Falkirk. They might struggle a bit in the first leg but should have enough quality over two games to see off Dundee.

It is with unutterable sadness that I have to agree with you.

Right behind the Dee on this one

#Dunkirk

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Hearts will throw a big wage at him.

Hearts have had plenty of opportunities to re-sign him since he left Rangers and haven't done so, so I'm pretty sure something  (unsurprisingly) went on behind the scenes there. Plus he'll be 34 in September and Neilson has made a point of getting the average age of the squad down.

That said, I wouldn't mind being wrong because his strengths and weaknesses are pretty much the opposite of Boyce's and whoever we sign instead will probably be shite.

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

After the way he left them last time.... I doubt it

Did Craig Gordon not piss off Hearts fans while at Celtic?

Robbie Neilson is the least creative manager in football, and Hearts have more money than sense, so they'll chuck a 3yr deal at Lafferty with massive wages.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did Craig Gordon not piss off Hearts fans while at Celtic?

Robbie Neilson is the least creative manager in football, and Hearts have more money than sense, so they'll chuck a 3yr deal at Lafferty with massive wages.

2 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

You're assuming I know what you're on about.

Hearts will be in for him, no doubt in my mind. He's their type of player.

I also wouldn't completely rule him out staying at Rugby Park, but time will tell.

2021-05-16_14-09-59.png.b2447de4da54f378795f99dc4c841e0d.png

Kilmarnock uphold their side of the bargain, but Countys win make it worthless.

2021-05-16_14-11-24.png.c989ed7d1e6999e4c486b3c5df15fe58.png

Hamilton relegated, while Kilmarnock face Dundee in the Play-Off.