The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Ric said:

hTtykHG.jpg

That is so wholesome man, I’ll miss the Accies I’ve got good pals that support them and I have respect for them supporting a local team. 

Good luck to them and their fans, hope to see them back soon. I never really feel proper animosity to Hamilton or that but it did get annoying them pumping us every game. 

28 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Is that right? We were unbeaten in 7 before the last 2 games of the season without Adam. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good lie though.

Yes, and how many of those teams have someone as good as Kyle Lafferty?

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Burkey had 4 shots on target last night. He bursting a gut for a team full of losers. If it wasn’t for him and Lafferty we’d be down weeks ago.

KL's twattery aside, both he and Burke were excellent, I thought.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

If Kyle Lafferty was that good he wouldn’t be playing for a team in a relegation playoff

That's slightly dismissive. If he was that poor, he wouldn't be scoring so many goals for a struggling team. Not many strikers this season have given our defence as hard a game as they had last night.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

If Kyle Lafferty was that good he wouldn’t be playing for a team in a relegation playoff

His main problem isn't that he can't be good it's that he's a waster. If he applied his talent he'd be a consistent English Championship level striker.

Burkey had 4 shots on target last night. He bursting a gut for a team full of losers. If it wasn’t for him and Lafferty we’d be down weeks ago.

The more I recall the pre-Clarke period the more I see that successful short period as an aberration. Kilmarnock almost immediately reverted to type, battling against the drop, as they did for years before SC. How did it get to be so bad? If you survive do you think TW will improve matters next season? Minus Lafferty, as you say, you’d have been doomed long ago.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think Killie will finish in the play off spot, but stay up. 

I can't work Killie out to be honest despite having watched us play them 5 times this year. Genuinely have no idea how they'd do in a playoff, they seem wildly inconsistent.  

Dyer took 4/6 points against us and would have been 6/6 if it wasn't for Rodgers walking it into the net. The performance Killie did in Paisley under Fowler was one of the worst displays by an away team against us all year and total relegation material. Wright and the addition of Lafferty has made them much more of a threat up top but they are so vulnerable to conceding. 

The goalkeepers are weak but the defence isn't great either, particularly the left side. Waters was to blame for the 2nd and he got hooked after the 3rd but I think it was more Pinnock not tracking Connelly to blame there. 

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

After his stint at Killie he won't be short of offers for next season....

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

He has played 8 times and scored 8 goals, he is an absolute stick out in the bottom half of the league……..still a complete dick though.

8 minutes ago, Torfason said:

He has played 8 times and scored 8 goals, he is an absolute stick out in the bottom half of the league……..still a complete dick though.

53 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Hearts will throw a big wage at him.

I think this is called correlation................or is it causation?

f**k knows, either way you are both right.