The Big Relegation Thread

All of this excitement is heightened due to the split.

It doesn’t quite create the same tension in the top half but it is still teams battling against each other for European places.

I like it.

On 01/05/2021 at 17:29, Mark Connolly said:

I like the idea of a Helicopter Sunday for relegation, but what exactly would be delivered?

napalm preferably, if its killie, aim it at the directors box, take out bowie and jamieson then another sweep over the pitch

I can easily see Killie finishing bottom but reckon they'd have the best chance of all 3 in the playoffs. Counter intuitive maybe but feels like they have a team of decent neat and tidy players (+ Lafferty) that struggle against teams of a similar quality but should be able to overpower a Championship one relatively comfortably.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I can easily see Killie finishing bottom but reckon they'd have the best chance of all 3 in the playoffs. Counter intuitive maybe but feels like they have a team of decent neat and tidy players (+ Lafferty) that struggle against teams of a similar quality but should be able to overpower a Championship one relatively comfortably.

The benefit Killie have in the play-off final is that while Hamilton and Ross County are shite, Killie are shite but have Kyle Lafferty.

The fact County can still finish 10th after a season this brutal is unreal. We are more often than not utterly shite.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

The fact County can still finish 10th after a season this brutal is unreal. We are more often than not utterly shite.

That sadly, is the quality of this league. We’ve also played some terrible stuff but without the crippling injuries could easily have been challenging for top four again.

Edited by Yorky

I reckon if Kille finish 11th they'll stay up. I just don't see any Championship defence keeping Lafferty quiet for 180 minutes.  

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I reckon if Kille finish 11th they'll stay up. I just don't see any Championship defence keeping Lafferty quiet for 180 minutes.  

Exactly. 10th or 12th for Killie please. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You haven't factored in our defence leaking goals like a sieve at the other end thou, have you?

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

You haven't factored in our defence leaking goals like a sieve at the other end thou, have you?

None of us in the Championship have the fire power of a guy like him if he is on form.  Championship standard is poor this season. A Premier team scrapping for survival will probably do enough to stay up.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

None of us in the Championship have the fire power of a guy like him if he is on form.  Championship standard is poor this season. A Premier team scrapping for survival will probably do enough to stay up.

They usually do, the stats show just how big the gap is.

13 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Yep, there's no one in the Championship close to the quality of Lafferty up front.