The Big Relegation Thread

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Look at Sportscene this weekend. Every single game had some horrific goalkeeper errors in it.  Other than the top three or four teams, there’s a cigarette paper between the other keepers. 

Now, central defenders on the other hand...

Not having that. Seigrist is a better keeper than every other in the bottom half. Zander Clark is the worst keeper in the top half, possibly the worst in the league.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If Watford hadn't collapsed after the English PL restart then we'd have had Dan Bachmann again this season and would be comfortably safe.

With the injury to Foster, they would have recalled him in the Jan window.

Will say regarding keepers Laidlaw is very good using his feet/legs at making saves. He's not so good at anything else, mind.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If Watford hadn't collapsed after the English PL restart then we'd have had Dan Bachmann again this season and would be comfortably safe.

Well, they did and you're not. 

19 hours ago, Comrie said:

Will say regarding keepers Laidlaw is very good using his feet/legs at making saves. He's not so good at anything else, mind.

And yet, almost impossibly, he's the least of that team's problems.  

On 11/04/2021 at 13:55, craigkillie said:

I only keep up to date through Bachmanns Twitter but I think he/them has/have done well since he got the jersey. A fair few clean sheets.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I only keep up to date through Bachmanns Twitter but I think he/them has/have done well since he got the jersey. A fair few clean sheets.

14W, 3D, 3L, including a narrow 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in the FA Cup, since he came in with 11 clean sheets.

Some record so far.....

As I said - close the thread.

We are done.
Mad that we can still end the night out of the bottom two. I completely agree that we're done but it's telling that we're so apathetic despite still technically being a win away from climbing out of the relegation spots.