The Big Relegation Thread

Just now, ropy said:

Just that it would be harder over two legs, not impossible

Who for though? County are currently the 'best' from the bottom 3, ICT are currently the lowest place play off team. Can you see County beating them over 2 legs on tonights display?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Who for though? County are currently the 'best' from the bottom 3, ICT are currently the lowest place play off team. Can you see County beating them over 2 legs on tonights display?

Plus any perceived notion of home advantage for either side has pretty much gone out the window this season, plastic pitch considerations aside.

I'm becoming increasingly hopeful that the playoffs will actually be entertaining.

I think overall there’s still a small difference in quality, but there’s definitely players in the Championship who are better than anything the teams in the bottom 3 have.  From The Caley’s point of view, Scott Allan is obviously better then anything they have, although he’s only in loan. Dave Carson would walk into those 3 teams starting 11s too.

County are quite comfortably the worst side in the division just now, tbf. 

I'd still fancy Killie/Hamilton to dredge up a result against Raith/QOS/ICT, whichever one reaches the final.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hadn't even occurred to me, that. I think it's pointless trying to pretend that's not the neutral's preferred outcome here.

Neil McCanns ICT beat Dundee, lose to Raith, then Raith relegate County.

Thats the dream.

On that performance last night I don't doubt every team in the championship would beat us.  But we've had some huge results this season too, however our defence is utterly honking and hasn't improved since the last time we were in the championship.  It's looking grim, that performance last night was more insipid than Kettlewell's last game against Hamilton.

Got to say, I'm surprised that people are not looking at this through the prism of Neil McCann being a tactical genius. You should all be ashamed for the lack of recognition being shown.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Got to say, I'm surprised that people are not looking at this through the prism of Neil McCann being a tactical genius. You should all be ashamed for the lack of recognition being shown.

Nope, there was no tactical genius on show last night, it was far more weighted towards John Hughes' ineptness to pick a starting XI and tactics, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Loki said:

On that performance last night I don't doubt every team in the championship would beat us.  But we've had some huge results this season too, however our defence is utterly honking and hasn't improved since the last time we were in the championship.  It's looking grim, that performance last night was more insipid than Kettlewell's last game against Hamilton.

It's probably the worst I've seen of County since Willie McStay.