The Big Relegation Thread

27t.png.91c5ec9b0a2e7dfaa069e45bd4b60fc8.png

Kilmarnock get their first point under Tommy Wright, but think thats now 9 games without a win, and only 1 point picked up in that run too.

Motherwell now arguably safe too, making a distinct bottom 3 relegation battle look clear. Top 3 here potentially only need 2-5pts from the remaining 7/8 games to remove themselves from the thread...

27th.png.b4ca7e754ea3ed2e8ac6bb34f47f6c1e.png

St Mirren push themselves onto 39pts, officially making themselves safe and also virtually confirming a top 6 spot. So this is your bottom half.

Next up is just the one game on Wednesday...

2021-02-27_16-51-42.png.eaef1760b1e17d2c3230c091e03365ee.png

St Johnstone side reacting to a Cup Final tomorrow, against a resurgent Hamilton fighting for their life...

Looks like two from three now.

Imagine Dundee United will see that as a decent enough point in the grand scheme of keeping them out of this.

Big win for Motherwell who after drawing St Mirren midweek doesn't seem like such a bad result now they've followed it up with a win. 

Edited by Rbon

Huge (and deserved) result for us today and a decent week all in. I think most ‘Well fans would have snapped your hand off for 4 points from games away at St Mirren and Easter Road after the Accies and St J shambles.

I think that’s is just about safe from automatic relegation now, I can’t see all 3 teams going on good enough runs to overhaul us. I’d like another win or two just to take any risk of the playoffs away. A result against Killie in our last game before the split should see us safe.

If we could just stop getting pumped by Accies we’d be top 6 and they’d be down already, but happy to do our bit to keep the league exciting.

25 minutes ago, dezz said:

Huge (and deserved) result for us today and a decent week all in. I think most ‘Well fans would have snapped your hand off for 4 points from games away at St Mirren and Easter Road after the Accies and St J shambles.

I think that’s is just about safe from automatic relegation now, I can’t see all 3 teams going on good enough runs to overhaul us. I’d like another win or two just to take any risk of the playoffs away. A result against Killie in our last game before the split should see us safe.

If we could just stop getting pumped by Accies we’d be top 6 and they’d be down already, but happy to do our bit to keep the league exciting.

I'd agree, the cut n paste of the league table should only involve 3 teams now.

image.png.e1eadbe286ac78691cc12c91b0f79896.png

7 points clear of Killie with the same number of games left to play is enough to rule us out of automatic relegation I'd say. We could get dragged into the playoffs still but I'm not particularly concerned.
2 wins / 6 more points and I think we're good.

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
7 points clear of Killie with the same number of games left to play is enough to rule us out of automatic relegation I'd say. We could get dragged into the playoffs still but I'm not particularly concerned.

2 wins / 6 more points and I think we're good.

Killie are so pish even the Ayr fans are having empathy with them 

Tattie pickers derby might be back on if Dunfermline pump them

I felt that before the game today we needed 3 wins to make sure.

I still would feel comfortable with that prediction. So 2 more wins from 7 games should just about do it. Would be nice if at least one of them came before the split. 

Good result v Hibees. WELL chuffed 👏🍻

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

I still would feel comfortable with that prediction. So 2 more wins from 7 games should just about do it. Would be nice if at least one of them came before the split. 

I actually don't mind Motherwell lots of my cousins are Motgerwell fans 

I think if you get your recruitment right in the summer you guys should have a very good season

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Not losing agains Killie will be key, if we give up 3 points against them then today was pointless.

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't like the way everyone is declaring us as safe, especially given some of our recent (and less recent) inexplicable tactical decisions

Utd are safe.

The fact that post split matches are all against one another means that at least 3 of the 5 the teams below Utd will all drop points every round. 

It's not impossible but very, very improbable for such a specific set of results that would contrive every team in the league to end up on 36 points or more and Utd not to pick up another point from their last 7 games.

Each of 3 teams would have to win 4 of their remaining fixtures when not only have they managed 6 or 7 wins apiece all season to this point, but also have to all play each other again. 

2021-03-03_19-54-10.png.8874c94050f9ae6c1ec9749b11159b5b.png

Hamilton leading until Guy Melamed casually pops in the goal of the season, a missed opportunity for them.

2021-03-03_19-55-35.png.81430c9b0c1034fb0f94179c4663c0db.png

Hamilton still bottom, with one less game in hand. Top 3 here all become a smidge safer. St Johnstone now 3pts from being removed from the thread...

2021-03-03_19-56-04.png.6d0c3b64773bd652f86b3f6aa12b4a4f.png

Hamilton travel to Pittodrie, while the two above them face off in Dingwall. Suspect all the major media outlets will be headed up the A9.

Rest of the games are fairly irrelevant at this stage IMO.

Aberdeen 0 Accies 0 [emoji3]

[emoji28]

County winning and another point for Accies.
Killie now bottom and have played a game more than than the teams above them. They’re in danger of being cut adrift.

2021-03-06_17-03-47.png.cb9762a4a2853ff13102342d031c1033.png

Kilmarnock lose the royal rumble, and must now face the consequences that brings, especially as both sides above them picked up points...

2021-03-06_17-05-06.png.c58aae321201726f1382236cbc8d03e6.png

38 points makes you safe, so St Johnstone now need a single point from their last 6 games to secure safety, although top 6 still an option for both Saints and United, who play Celtic tomorrow.

Motherwell safe too, as they need just 3pts to remove themselves.

Kilmarnock still not adrift, but Hamilton are in good form and will continue picking up points, so Killie need to win quickly.

2021-03-06_17-07-37.png.7d04d12d239e05fd0cf93fdd85ff3cc0.png

Remaining fixtures.

No "6 pointers" left, so up to sides to prove they deserve to be at this level.

Judging by recent form, I think Kilmarnock are in real trouble.  County may just have enough to avoid the playoff but Hamilton keep picking up points.  Here is my prediction of the bottom 3

10. Hamilton

11. Ross County

12. Kilmarnock