The Big Relegation Thread

7 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I get what you're saying but what are you getting at, are you complaining about mismanagement of the Motherwell player budget here? If not it just sounds like you're crying because your team has injuries.

Other clubs have chosen to spread their budget to ensure a depth of squad to carry them through what was ALWAYS going to be a particularly challenging season.

To not recognise that extra pressures were going to occur this season is bordering on the ridiculous.

6 hours ago, The Marly said:
7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
It's mental folk still aren't grasping this. There's some clubs in the league that could probably soak up a significant amount of injuries and still field a decent team but Motherwell just aren't one of them. We've probably got the 10th or 11th biggest budget in the division and as such have a much smaller squad than sides like St Mirren or St Johnstone etc, there's just no way we can cope with anything like 13-14 first team players out.

You don't have a much smaller squad than St Johnstone.

6 hours ago, NorthBank said:
7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
It's mental folk still aren't grasping this. There's some clubs in the league that could probably soak up a significant amount of injuries and still field a decent team but Motherwell just aren't one of them. We've probably got the 10th or 11th biggest budget in the division and as such have a much smaller squad than sides like St Mirren or St Johnstone etc, there's just no way we can cope with anything like 13-14 first team players out.

Well have a far bigger squad than St Mirren. We have 6 players out injured and cannot fill the bench.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

MlBsIF7.jpg

5 hours ago, welldaft said:

I think YM has been on the mushrooms. Either that or it is a clear case at winding other fans up which has worked a treat.

I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

29 minutes ago, ropy said:

Where do you get them?

Genuinely the last time I did mushrooms was the same day Turnbull's move to Celtic was called off. Not that the two things are related or anything, I just remember checking my phone after a few hours once I'd came to and discovering the news.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Genuinely the last time I did mushrooms was the same day Turnbull's move to Celtic was called off. Not that the two things are related or anything, I just remember checking my phone after a few hours once I'd came to and discovering the news.

Do you grate the paneer over the top?

Nothing much changes with the 0-0 draw between the Saintees and Motherwell tonight...

Screenshot_20210224-215124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2e3fa31be977275644ddc246db0eb74.jpg

St Mirren only 2pts from safety, but United and Saints hot on their tail for the coveted 6th place. Especially important this season considering the mess the bottom half is. 

Next up on Saturday...

Screenshot_20210224-215147_Chrome.jpg.0170fd1307c86cae5100197278779ad7.jpg

9th, 10th, and 11th in action, while Hamilton get the day off. St Mirren v County potentially a big one for both, while Tommy Wright meets old foes United once more...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Not the prettiest game last night for us but we stopped the rot, got another point on the board, and even managed a clean sheet which isn't to be sniffed at given our CB pairing. Some other reasons to be hopeful with it looking we'll have a few players back from injury very soon -Campbell played the full 90 last night, Lawless was back on the bench, and it seems Gallagher will be back this weekend. O'Hara will hopefully have recovered from his non-covid illness too.  

I doubt we'll get anything against Hibs this weekend but 6 points from our other 7 games should see us avoid the bottom two spots - particularly if we can get a win against Killie in our final game before the split. Its looking like it could be a right good relegation battle this year though. 

Not see it mentioned anywhere but I noticed that Stuart Findlay has left Kilmarnock.

I'll be honest in that I don't know if he's been any good this season or not but he was very decent a couple of years back and obviously made the Scotland squad. I'd assume he'll be a big loss for Killie given their current position?

He's an excellent defender, probably as good as we've had in the last 20 years or so. Having said that, he started the season quite poorly but was coming on to a game before he got injured. Him and Broadfoot as a pairing were a million miles better than the other guys we've had filling in (Dikamona, Medley, Rossi) but he's been out injured for a while anyway so he won't be "missed" as such.

Findlay (when fit) would be an upgrade on most bottom six defenders. Any idea how much Union paid for him?

He'd be an upgrade on a lot of top six defenders too. No idea, but I doubt it was loads given that he was out of contract in the summer anyway.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Findlay (when fit) would be an upgrade on most bottom six defenders. Any idea how much Union paid for him?

Low to mid 6 figures according to Jonathan Tannenweld, the Union reporter, for the Philadelphia Inquirer.....

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not the best day for us so far. And it could get so much worse.

Aye. Mark Connolly seems on a one man mission to win Kilmarnock their game against United.