The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There’s County just lobbing a grenade into the group

Aye.

From a Saints perspective our win this weekend was massive. The bottom becomes a dumpster fire of chaos at this time of the season. Cant rely on anyone higher up the league taking points off those around you.

Well well well, how the turn tables have turned around.

Would not fancy being Motherwell at all just now.

Next game is Wednesday, St Mirren hosting Motherwell. Massive game for both, for differing reasons.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well well well, how the turn tables have turned around.

Would not fancy being Motherwell at all just now.

Next game is Wednesday, St Mirren hosting Motherwell. Massive game for both, for differing reasons.

Surely you'd rather be Motherwell than Kilmarnock just now?!

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pampers time for Killie

image.png.8bdeb16501f6ab8ada0c1334ee081eae.png

Motherwell: St Mirren (A), Hibernian (A), Livingston (H), Kilmarnock (A)

Ross County: St Mirren (A), Kilmarnock (H), Hibernian (H), St Johnstone (A)

Kilmarnock: Dundee Utd (H), Ross County (A), Motherwell (H)

Hamilton: St Johnstone (H), Aberdeen (A), Livingston (A), St Mirren (H)

I'd say Kilmarnock probably have the best fixtures there, and if they could get a win against United it could start a wee run that pushes them to safety. Motherwells next 3 games are against teams in the top half...

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The relegation scrap that just keeps on giving.  Amazing result for County, and they've already exceeded just about all of our predicted table points total!

I predicted they'd get 30 points, so another win and a draw from their last 4 games.

Erm, seeing as their next game is against us, make that a win and a draw from their last three games.

Edited by Arch Stanton

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We were going along nicely under Alexander until Accies and yesterday. 

Like most Well fans I thought we would be OK. Not make top 6 but be clear of bottom two places with a few games to spare. 

But if we are being honest of the 4 teams at the bottom we are in a real mess at the moment. I know that sounds daft given Killie have lost 8 in a row but I have the fear this is going to be our season after 35 years in the top flight. 

Bad timing for injuries and it is laughable (not) the amount and nature of injuries. Unless we get 4 or 5 back for midweek then I cannot see us getting a result. Killie at home to Dundee United on Saturday is massive. A real chance to get a positive result. We are away at Hibs so nil points. 

I will have to pray that teams below us lose but as seen tonight that is looking like a forlorn hope. 

Remaining fixtures upto the split:-

Motherwell

St Mirren (A)   Hibs (A)  Livi (H)   Kilmarnock (A)

Ross County

St Mirren (A)  Kilmarnock (H)  Hibs (H)  St Johnstone (A)

Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd (H)   Ross County (A)  Motherwell (H)

Hamilton Accies

St Johnstone (H)  Aberdeen (A)  Livi (A)  St Mirren (H)

eta: RandomGuy just posted it but it was too much effort to just delete it!!

Edited by PauloPerth

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

We were going along nicely under Alexander until Accies and yesterday. 

Like most Well fans I thought we would be OK. Not make top 6 but be clear of bottom two places with a few games to spare. 

But if we are being honest of the 4 teams at the bottom we are in a real mess at the moment. I know that sounds daft given Killie have lost 8 in a row but I have the fear this is going to be our season after 35 years in the top flight. 

Bad timing for injuries and it is laughable (not) the amount and nature of injuries. Unless we get 4 or 5 back for midweek then I cannot see us getting a result. Killie at home to Dundee United on Saturday is massive. A real chance to get a positive result. We are away at Hibs so nil points. 

I will have to pray that teams below us lose but as seen tonight that is looking like a forlorn hope. 

Motherwell don't feature in the bottom six all that often so some solace I can provide is that your final 5 games are against the sides in and around you and anything can happen (just ask Hibs, Dundee, Falkirk or, going the other way, us...we stayed up on goal difference in 2008/09).

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I predicted they'd get 30 points, so another win and a draw from their last 4 games.

Erm, seeing as their next game is against us, make that a win and a draw from their last three games.

You had more faith in them than most of us.  I had a feeling they’d struggle and stay at the bottom til the end, then they go and produce that brilliant result tonight.

I think I struggle to see Motherwell or Kilmarnock going down, just not used to it.