The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Motherwell should be safe but they seem absolutely determined to get themselves embroiled in it.
They’ve just had home games against Accies and St Johnstone, win one of them and they would have been safe and an outside shot at top six. Pumped in both. Huge game for them in Paisley on Wednesday now.

We were missing 5 first team regulars (more if you include the long term injuries), had a 17 year old making his first career start at right back and couldn't fill our bench despite having as squad of 30 odd players. Of the players that were on the bench Cornelius has made 2 first team appearances as a sub, Devine 1, MacIver 9 and Peter Morrison hasn't played a first team game.

Yet you sound surprised we lost today.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We were missing 5 first team regulars (more if you include the long term injuries), had a 17 year old making his first career start at right back and couldn't fill our bench despite having as squad of 30 odd players. Of the players that were on the bench Cornelius has made 2 first team appearances as a sub, Devine 1, MacIver 9 and Peter Morrison hasn't played a first team game.

Are any of your squad expected back for Wednesday night?

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Are any of your squad expected back for Wednesday night?

O'Donnell's suspension is done but as for the injuries? f**k knows - Campbell and O'Hara were missing due to some mystery "illness" that's not Covid, Gallagher's been "injured" for the past couple of weeks, Mugabi has an unspecified injury. Folk like Foley, Smith, Nolan etc who we signed in January they have pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

As are we. We're running essentially with a squad of 12 outfield players currently as we're naming 5 outfield players on the bench but only the same 2 players are getting any game time off the bench since McGrath and Doyle-Hayes were added to the crock list. 

I'd say we're in as big an injury crisis as I've seen in a long time. 

Edited by djchapsticks

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

As are we. We're running essentially with a squad of 12 outfield players currently as we're naming 5 outfield players on the bench but only the same 2 players are getting any game time off the bench since McGrath and Doyle-Hayes were added to the crock list. 

So what you're saying is definitely bet the over Wednesday?

Not surprised you lost, surprised you got humped though. And, as has been said, it’s the time of the season where every club is dealing with injuries and/or suspensions. Some are coping better than others.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, we are really down to the bare bones at the moment. You can really see it in the the last 30 mins at the moment, we just don't have the legs and end up hanging on. Game plan seems to be to get in front early and hope to hold on.

In fact the only time I can remember us having an injury crisis like this was last season when we were due to go to Kilmarnock (I think) with no central defenders and no left back after beating Hearts in the Obika game.

Luckily it didn't matter...

11/2 with the bookies if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

I learned long ago that betting on football is a mugs game [emoji28]
I - like everyone else- has no idea who will finish 12th, but I think it’s safe to say it will be one of Accies, County or Killie.
This thread is for speculating on possible outcomes. Given what I’ve seen of those sides recently and current form, Killie are clearly in the worst shape and I think they are the most likely.

10 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

So what you're saying is definitely bet the over Wednesday?

Not at all but we're going into our 10th game in the last 4 and a half weeks on Wednesday and there are loads of tired, tired legs. They definitely need a couple of weeks off. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not at all but we're going into our 10th game in the last 4 and a half weeks on Wednesday and there are loads of tired, tired legs. They definitely need a couple of weeks off. 

I was being sarcastic. All of that combined with the Motherwell JV squad doesn't sound like it would lend itself to a lot of scoring.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I was being sarcastic. All of that combined with the Motherwell JV squad doesn't sound like it would lend itself to a lot of scoring.

We would be as well just agreeing to call if a 1-1 draw just now and saving everyone the bother tbh.

It’s inevitable anyway.