The Big Relegation Thread

St Mirren are clearly safe. Dundee United are too realistically too though there's probably a slight chance they go another 8 without a win and get sucked back in, but I'd put them at about 90% safety. 

Us and St Johnstone probably don't need too much more either to confirm it, 3 points on Saturday could well do it for either team. 

I think by the start of the split it'll be a pretty clearly defined 3 horse race to avoid the drop.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

After tonight's result.

image.png.b739cf16ca273f7d2df3785ff63c6a4f.png

Reckon St Mirren/United can be officially ruled as safe after one more win, which is inevitable with 9/10 games to go. 

We need 7pts from 9 games, which both seems easy, but also makes me a bit nervous. Need to cut that figure down before the split.

Motherwell perhaps have a sliding door games this weekend. Win and move up to 8th on 31, and you can consider them to be headed towards safety, a loss puts them below the 1PPG rate, and that's always bad.

On 14/02/2021 at 14:23, RandomGuy. said:

2021-02-14_14-22-26.png.9a35fae355ee0fd2e55bc18f6e6859a9.png

Next fixtures. Welll v Saints, who have a Cup Final distraction next week, the one to keep an eye on. County with with toughest game, and United unlikely to be officially safe yet.

St Mirren could secure safety and top 6 with a win. Kilmarnock/Hamilton will surely fancy their chances, although Aberdeen are long overdue a performance.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5/6 bottom half teams playing someone above them, pretty big opportunity for either us or St Johnstone to pull away here.

Definitely a fork in the road for both teams in that game I think.
The winner will have a decent shot at top six, the loser will be in danger of getting sucked back into the mire.
A draw probably ends both teams top six hopes.

As much as it pains me to say this, but I think St Johnstone will roll over Motherwell at the weekend and pretty much make themselves safe. Their chance at a top 6 finish really depends on what our result is against Livi. If we fail to pick up anything it opens the door for them, and while it's not impossible for United to get something at Ibrox, you feel it's improbable.

2021-02-20_16-56-23.png.9c67efcd0c2447b11b3ca24de31db3ac.png

Motherwell lose by a large margin at home to a fellow bottom 6 side, for the second week running.

St Johnstone the only bottom 7 side to get a win.

2021-02-20_16-57-52.png.db6ee4bbdcf67066fbc88c7cd9501bf8.png

Now looks like a distinct group chasing 6th, and trying to avoid the bottom two spots.

38pts rules you out so top 3 here now safe, IMO.

Games in hand get caught up on next, starting with 2 games on Sunday, then a Wednesday fixture.

2021-02-20_16-59-06.png.54d66424006209c9b4e1580193a013d0.png

Any slight chance of Saints getting dragged back into the scrap are likely gone now with that comfortable win at Motherwell.

The other big winners this weekend are Ross County, with Accies, Killie and Motherwell all losing, as they play an in form Celtic tomorrow, so probably feared some of the other bottom four sides would gain ground.  

Despite being very poor the past couple of weeks, still feel Motherwell should be okay simply because of the points advantage they currently hold. It would take a good few weeks of Motherwell defeats for all three sides below to overhaul them.

St Johnstone are certainly safe.
Motherwell should be safe but they seem absolutely determined to get themselves embroiled in it.
They’ve just had home games against Accies and St Johnstone, win one of them and they would have been safe and an outside shot at top six. Pumped in both. Huge game for them in Paisley on Wednesday now.
Killie have now lost 8 (eight) matches in a row. No new manager bounce and given both Accies and County have games in hand I think they’re favourites for 12th. What a mess they’re in.

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

St Johnstone are certainly safe.
Motherwell should be safe but they seem absolutely determined to get themselves embroiled in it.
They’ve just had home games against Accies and St Johnstone, win one of them and they would have been safe and an outside shot at top six. Pumped in both. Huge game for them in Paisley on Wednesday now.
Killie have now lost 8 (eight) matches in a row. No new manager bounce and given both Accies and County have games in hand I think they’re favourites for 12th. What a mess they’re in.

Didn't realize Kilmarnock had lost 8 straight. That's mind-bogglingly horrific. The fact Killie is by far currently the worst squad even with what Motherwell have done the last two weeks really says something.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Didn't realize Kilmarnock had lost 8 straight. That's mind-bogglingly horrific. The fact Killie is by far currently the worst squad even with what Motherwell have done the last two weeks really says something.

Anno were are the kids coming through the next Steven Naismith or Kris Boyd?

Ayrshire should still be a hot bed of talant it's not like every kids gonna get signed by Rangers and Celtic 

I miss them being a feeder club for the famous feel sorry for the wee souls 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mentioned on our thread that the results were pretty good for us today. An unlikely win tomorrow would be a great weekend for United.

Highly unlikely win for United ypu mean?

I hope Shankland goes and impresses but other than that want to see Rangers pumps yez

It's all about the midfield tommorow for me if they don't get bang on it and want ti run and press and fight and play at high tempo

Utd might make it sticky 

Intersted in seeing if we go two up as well with Roofe out again 

Today’s results pretty much mean we have a free hit against Celtic tomorrow, another hiding though and we will likely have the worst goal difference for the rest of the season.

Huge game against Killie looming.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

11/2 with the bookies if you want to put your money where your mouth is.