The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Lafferty seems like a perfectly reasonable signing for a bottom 6 premiership team to me. He's only 33, had played at a decent level, and is proven in this league. The big issue will be how quickly they can get him fit and firing.

Nah, he's only scored one goal since April 😂

Edited by Coventry Saint

28 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

I'm more interested in what he will do than what he has done.................which is probably a good thing where Kyle Lafferty is involved .

If it helps I was just taking the piss out of Randomguy. I don't think he's a terrible signing for you, on the face of it.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

If it helps I was just taking the piss out of Randomguy. I don't think he's a terrible signing for you, on the face of it.

Thank you for your  friendly, reasonable and objective reply. Have you forgotten how P+B works ?

Lafferty is a cheat, that's on record, but considering he only needs to get two or three key goals in the remaining 10 games or so and he'll have paid back what he cost. I think he's capable of that. We all know how tight things get in a relegation scrap, knocking in a header from a badly defended cross in the dying minutes can make or break your season.

9 hours ago, Lex said:

The free agent market in February isn’t the kind of place you want to be shopping in. It really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
Reminds me of the season we sold Kenny McLean on the last day of the window and replaced him with free agent Alan Gow in February.
Got relegated a few months later.

Agree generally but I think we got Scott McDonald in the free agent market at this time of year and he was pivotal in keeping us up in the playoff year.

Just fucking about and made this, wish I'd put them in positional order but *shrugs" its late and I cant be arsed.

Used Transfermarkt game weeks for this, so its a bit off as they use the fixture list to define them, so postponed games etc., muck it up. But I needed defined gameweeks to make this and nothing else compares.

Each club in the bottom 6 plotted by position, per gameweek...

rele.thumb.png.7d905754dd8cdc30e8041602f8242ec4.png

If Hamilton survive such a season, it will be amazing, while Countys decline is clear.

Those two feel like favourites for the bottom places for a reason. Motherwell falling games behind perhaps made them look worse than they were? They don't look particularly bad here.

If Rangers are dead then they can't be temporarily top of the league, Scottish football fans must act now and demand that the SFA removes them immediately. 
Good work in exposing this generic Livi fan.

Don’t forget old rangers voted to allow new rangers directly into the spl. Then those pesky players refusing to tupe over to the new company/club

But yeah keep it at demoted if that helps you sleep at night.

Now demoted, is that not what hearts say happened to them??? Yeah cousins after all

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just fucking about and made this, wish I'd put them in positional order but *shrugs" its late and I cant be arsed.

Used Transfermarkt game weeks for this, so its a bit off as they use the fixture list to define them, so postponed games etc., muck it up. But I needed defined gameweeks to make this and nothing else compares.

If Hamilton survive such a season, it will be amazing, while Countys decline is clear.

Those two feel like favourites for the bottom places for a reason. Motherwell falling games behind perhaps made them look worse than they were? They don't look particularly bad here.

When you normally see a line like that Hamilton one, it's accompanied by a monotone and grieving relatives at the end of Casualty

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbh I think there was exactly one point where we were actual relegation candidates and it's the 7 day period where Lasley was a genuine candidate for the job.

Alexander will comfortably keep us up and I'm pretty sure Robinson would have too.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is this right? Hamilton haven't actually been bottom that much of the season until recently, and when we beat Motherwell on Jan 2nd they dropped to 12th, whereas your graph has them out of even the playoff spot for months.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Notable "journeys" are ours where you can see how we started off strong, fucked right up (helped by covid) and recovered, or County's anvil like plummeting throughout the season with a bit of bounce once they hit rock bottom. However the battle between Aberdeen and Hibs is probably the most "balletic"..

I4gQuge.png

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is this right? Hamilton haven't actually been bottom that much of the season until recently, and when we beat Motherwell on Jan 2nd they dropped to 12th, whereas your graph has them out of even the playoff spot for months.

Yeah it's done by the way the fixture list was ordered, rather than when the games were actually played, so postponements etc., take it out of sync with reality.

It's impossible to make without having game weeks to go off, so had to use them. Motherwell were 2 games behind when they dropped to 11th the weekend you beat them, but beat Kilmarnock during the week which I'm sure was scheduled for last year, so those 3pts are added to their total hack when it was meant to be played.

It's not ideal but there's no other way to do it due to clubs playing different amounts of games.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does the graph include our transient 6 points?

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tbh I think there was exactly one point where we were actual relegation candidates and it's the 7 day period where Lasley was a genuine candidate for the job.

Alexander will comfortably keep us up and I'm pretty sure Robinson would have too.

This coincided with Chapman's brilliant performance, correct?