The Big Relegation Thread

Absolutely nothing against Kilmarnock or Motherwell, but I would like see one of them relegated this season.  Just for a bit of variety and a change in opposition next season.

I also think both will likely come back stronger next season, so from a Saints point of view it would remove a potential rival.

In terms of away trips, neither are grounds which capture the excitement for our support, so Raith, Dunfermline or Dundee up along with  hearts would be good. And I say that knowing that a trip to McDiarmid will be just as uninspiring for killie/ Motherwell supporters.

Having said all that, I think both will be too strong to go down.

Not who you think, but who would everyone like to see relegated (out of the realistic options) ??

The teams round the bottom 6 or 7 play each other and will cut each others throats  but if my sums are correct the maximum points a team can get are 

St.Mirren 53 Motherwell  46  Dundee Utd 46 

St.johnstone 45

Hamilton 41

Kilmarnock 39

Ross County 38

...Kilmarnock play Rangers Aberdeen Dundee Utd Ross County and Motherwell again in the run up to the split and look to have a job to be above 10th 

But St.Mirren who have the most points just now  play Rangers Aberdeen Livingston  Hamilton 2 and Ross County 

If they take  some points from this run they are surely safe 

Dundee Utd  have Rangers and Celtic  in there run in so that could impact on there points total 

Its a minefield though with x playing x and anything can happen 

For me looking at the games to play Kilmarnock and Ross County are PROBABLY favourites for bottom 2 in my reckoning

My own team St.johnstone barring a slump should Finnish between 6th and 9th  if we can take 2 or 3 points from Celtic  we will be on target for 44 or 45 points  even if we lose its 42

The target for safety 39 which is the most Kilmarnock can achieve  38 avoids automatic relegation 

21 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

The teams round the bottom 6 or 7 play each other and will cut each others throats  but if my sums are correct the maximum points a team can get are 

St.Mirren 53 Motherwell  46  Dundee Utd 46 

St.johnstone 45

Hamilton 41

Kilmarnock 39

Ross County 38

...Kilmarnock play Rangers Aberdeen Dundee Utd Ross County and Motherwell again in the run up to the split and look to have a job to be above 10th 

But St.Mirren who have the most points just now  play Rangers Aberdeen Livingston  Hamilton 2 and Ross County 

If they take  some points from this run they are surely safe 

Dundee Utd  have Rangers and Celtic  in there run in so that could impact on there points total 

Its a minefield though with x playing x and anything can happen 

For me looking at the games to play Kilmarnock and Ross County are PROBABLY favourites for bottom 2 in my reckoning

My own team St.johnstone barring a slump should Finnish between 6th and 9th  if we can take 2 or 3 points from Celtic  we will be on target for 44 or 45 points  even if we lose its 42

The target for safety 39 which is the most Kilmarnock can achieve  38 avoids automatic relegation 

I think your points totals ignore the post split games, another 15 points up for grabs and strange things can happen during the split. 

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

You just know Accies are going to beat Motherwell at home. It's just the kind of thing they do.

That would make, what, Accies 3-0 vs. the Well this season?

No Chapman in goal will be a huge benefit, but if Well goes 0-3 against Hamilton that's got to be depressing as all get out.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

22 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, Swello said:
Since we've been in the league, we've seen everyone relegated apart from Aberdeen and Celtic - so one of them for variety please.

And Rangers. They didn't get relegated.

Demoted, if you want to be pedantic. 

2 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

That would make, what, Accies 3-0 vs. the Well this season?

No Chapman in goal will be a huge benefit, but if Well goes 0-3 against Hamilton that's got to be depressing as all get out.

There has certainly been a level of depression over these results in the last few years, they have upped their game, they have struck at the death, they have certainly found a way to win more than their fair share.

Absolutely nothing against Kilmarnock or Motherwell, but I would like see one of them relegated this season.  Just for a bit of variety and a change in opposition next season.
I also think both will likely come back stronger next season, so from a Saints point of view it would remove a potential rival.
In terms of away trips, neither are grounds which capture the excitement for our support, so Raith, Dunfermline or Dundee up along with  hearts would be good. And I say that knowing that a trip to McDiarmid will be just as uninspiring for killie/ Motherwell supporters.
Having said all that, I think both will be too strong to go down.
Not who you think, but who would everyone like to see relegated (out of the realistic options) ??
If you fancy some of these grounds for variety maybe it's best St. Johnstone go down?

Demoted, if you want to be pedantic. 

Nope. Your club died and then a new club with a similar name was formed and applied for entry into the league, which was accepted.