The Big Relegation Thread

All IMO.

St Mirren have been safe for ages.

Its between us, Hamilton, and County.

Kilmarnocks chances probably rest on how they do against us this weekend.

55 minutes ago, ropy said:

I realise that it is likely but has St Mirren ever finished above Motherwell?

Yeah, for most of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Less so recently mind, that said we decided not to overspend our budget nor did we have the league void our relegation, so you know there's that.. ;)

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, for most of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Less so recently mind, that said we decided not to overspend our budget nor did we have the league void our relegation, so you know there's that.. ;)

Aye but did you finish below us when our relegation was voided, either of them?

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I like how you don't include Motherwell but do yourselves. Drama queen.

Watch your head though for the tangerine anvil.

I think Motherwell have match winners, and Alexander isn't stupid enough not to play a solid set up that allows them to attack.

We have match winners, but our manager is stunting them. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

All IMO.

That is quite some statement when you consider the fact that if we beat killie, and Celtic beat st mirren this weekend then we’ll be above both of them (killie and at mirren), and be 5 points ahead of Motherwell.

Not saying it’s impossible, but I don’t think anyone has yet shown enough consistency out of the bottom 7 to be a certainty.

Accies will have a wee run at some stage as well.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That is quite some statement when you consider the fact that if we beat killie, and Celtic beat st mirren this weekend then we’ll be above both of them (killie and at mirren), and be 5 points ahead of Motherwell.

Not saying it’s impossible, but I don’t think anyone has yet shown enough consistency out of the bottom 7 to be a certainty.

Accies will have a wee run at some stage as well.

I just don't see where our wins are coming from.

We've failed to beat both County and Hamilton at home, we beat Killie there but that game was a shambles due to the fog.

After Killie this weekend we have Celtic, Livingston then Rangers, in the league.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

All IMO.

No way are we safe. If we win 2 of our games in hand I would say we are almost there but that is a big if.

17 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

No way are we safe. If we win 2 of our games in hand I would say we are almost there but that is a big if.

I wouldn't overthink it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just don't see where our wins are coming from.

We've failed to beat both County and Hamilton at home, we beat Killie there but that game was a shambles due to the fog.

After Killie this weekend we have Celtic, Livingston then Rangers, in the league.

The game this Saturday is massive for us given the following fixtures you mention.  It is pretty much in must win territory.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The game this Saturday is massive for us given the following fixtures you mention.  It is pretty much in must win territory.

Yeah this is how I see it. I'm overly negative but this feels like one of our last really winnable games. We're far better away from home, this is against a team struggling more than us, and it can open a real gap to the bottom. If we lose its a nightmare scenario.

Massive game psychologically for fans and players IMO. 

That actually mage me laugh out loud for the first time in recent memory.  

I think you're wrong FWIW, cant see Utd bothering either of the bottom two slots by the end of the season.  
I definitely can after watching them last night. No fight and no organisation. Can't string 3 passes together without giving the ball away.