The Big Relegation Thread

Livingston are practically safe now on the back of an incredible run. Killie have also put a good run together and dragged themselves up a good bit.  Assuming Livi will cruise to 5th (or higher!), that sixth place is a big prize with the guaranteed safety it offers.

Probably decent results for us this weekend, with County and Accies both losing games they would have hoped to take something from, and the teams either side of us playing out a draw.

If Utd beat Saints on Tuesday night they're probably effectively safe as well, though if Saints get the win it gives us a a bit of a lift above the bottom three and keeps Utd within reach.  It'll be a draw.

I think we'll be bottom, tbh. Very heavy ICT 16/17 vibes from us thus far. If we don't get 3 wins from our next 4 (DU, St Mirren, Killie), then we have Rangers, Livi and Celtic in a row after that.

Suspect we'll drop to the bottom in February, have a brief upturn in form after the split, but it won't be enough.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we'll be bottom, tbh. Very heavy ICT 16/17 vibes from us thus far. If we don't get 3 wins from our next 4 (DU, St Mirren, Killie), then we have Rangers, Livi and Celtic in a row after that.

Suspect we'll drop to the bottom in February, have a brief upturn in form after the split, but it won't be enough.

From what i've seen you are a better side than both Accies and County. You'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

From what i've seen you are a better side than both Accies and County. You'll be fine.

Hamilton have won more games than us, and County are beating us in the head to heads...

We'll draw our way to death, while they pick up the odd win here or there, and we'll all end up within points of each other.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

All our decent players are either out long term or keep getting injured.

It will still be us finishing bottom as the Accies board won't give Rice the money to bring in anyone of any quality this month.

Ross County may have something to say on that...

How now brown cow?

If the bottom team would just behave as they're supposed to and take their beatings from the top six sides rather than pumping the 3rd place team 4-1, then this would be easier for all of us.

Killie and st Mirren pulled back in a bit, and if Utd go a few games without a win then you feel they could also get dragged into the relegation battle swamp. 

Its shaping up to be the most interesting battle in the Premiership this season, with upto 7 potential contenders.  Feel Utd and Killie will manage to stay above it, but there's no guarantees the way the bottom few sides keep pulling occasional unexpected wins out of nowhere.

Might be a cliche but I don't see much between the bottom 6 clubs, with Dundee Utd. & Livi being that little bit more consistent, although on the basis of our H2H games I don't understand why Livi are comfortably above us.

I see a lot of 6 pointers between now and the end of the season....

Edited by btb

Aberdeen and Rangers have another opportunity to roll over and demonstrate the pathetic little outfits that they are, this time swapping opponents.

The four of them seem to be amidst some bizarre fixture love square as the midweek after County and Motherwell go toe to toe.

Accies look like they could be a few points adrift by the end of January, but it's Accies so they'll probably win at Celtic.

The winner of Utd v St Mirren will probably be safe. Unless it's st Mirren.

This weekend is the one that relegates us. We’ll be cut adrift by the end of the month.

we actually gave it a better fight than I expected tbf.  I thought we would have been marooned at the bottom by October.

Rice out!

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Looking at the table at the top of this page and looking at the table now makes it more interesting, St Mirren are now 4 points from the bottom and Killie are 5 points from the bottom.

If I were you, I would be more concerned at the fact that you are as close to us as you are to the team at the top.