The Big Relegation Thread

Accies are still favourites to go down in my view.

2 reasons: 

1) They are the least likely to change managers if they go on a disastrous run. The others have, or will, as required.

2) The others in the drop zone have at least some cash to spend this month to try and improve the squad (I'm looking at you Ross County).

St Mirren are not, sadly, included in this.

Just now, Academically Deficient said:

Accies are still favourites to go down in my view.

2 reasons: 

1) They are the least likely to change managers if they go on a disastrous run. The others have, or will, as required.

2) The others in the drop zone have at least some cash to spend this month to try and improve the squad (I'm looking at you Ross County).

St Mirren are not, sadly, included in this.

We won’t. We’ve given a rookie manager a 3 year contract and there’s no chance we’ll pay him off during the pandemic. 

27 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think we have the worst squad and probably the worst manager.

Still think we're heavy favourites to finish bottom.

Agree.

Our best hope is to get our 3 St Mirren points back (hilarious but unlikely) and for the league to be called early again.

The other side of the coin is, If they do manage to stay up with this squad, it'll be some achievement.

Agree.
Our best hope is to get our 3 St Mirren points back (hilarious but unlikely) and for the league to be called early again.
The other side of the coin is, If they do manage to stay up with this squad, it'll be some achievement.
It will be another miracle but it's definitely on for Accies.

Yous always look dead and buried them bang, yous pull 2 or 3 wins in a row and drag everyone back into it.

I have no idea who will go down or finish 11th.

I keep expecting Motherwell and StJohnstone both to pull away as they have done in the past but with Robinson chucking it who knows.

I think our fate will be more or less sealed this month. We'll either stop fucking about and get a new manager asap then hopefully some decent signings or we'll remain in limbo with Lasley until the end of January.

Whether or not we get our 6 free points back is also going to be absolutely massive.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Oh ok, didn't realise that. Wow, 3 years....

You've still got better players though.

They arent being played in their best position, though.

Our fate lays in the hands of Callum Davidson, to be brutal. Our attackers miss chances, but ultimately its far too easy to create decent chances against us, and has been all season.

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If crowds are allowed by April, which I suspect they could be, then 11th and a couple of big games could actually be desirable.

No way - we're overdue a boring season!

I'll be a lot happier come the 14th if we don't get a points deduction. Other than that we really looked to have turned a corner. I'll not lie, I had a feeling that it would going to be "death by a thousand cuts" the way the luck was falling for us a month or two ago.

Mind you, with all that said, I stand by my initial proclamation, it's clearly the Saintees for the drop.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I'll be a lot happier come the 14th if we don't get a points deduction. Other than that we really looked to have turned a corner. I'll not lie, I had a feeling that it would going to be "death by a thousand cuts" the way the luck was falling for us a month or two ago.

Mind you, with all that said, I stand by my initial proclamation, it's clearly the Saintees for the drop.

As others have said, given the situation in England, I doubt the initial punishment would stand up to legal challenges given Fulham have admitted a player purposely broke the rules. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55456854 and the league is working with them to rearrange their games.

It is what it is, a global pandemic that no one has experienced in their lifetime before, setting arbitrary rules and punishments on the fly is beyond legally questionable.

Even the idiots who run our league must see this?

There’s surely no way Motherwell and Accies are getting those points back.

You’d think the best outcome for them is a points deduction for us and Killie and the games are rescheduled. The worst outcome is we both just get a fine and.. the games are rescheduled.

Then again it is the SFA/SPFL and anything is possible but surely some kind of logic will prevail.

5 hours ago, Lex said:

There’s surely no way Motherwell and Accies are getting those points back.

You’d think the best outcome for them is a points deduction for us and Killie and the games are rescheduled. The worst outcome is we both just get a fine and.. the games are rescheduled.

Then again it is the SFA/SPFL and anything is possible but surely some kind of logic will prevail.

There's only one way to settle the points now. Obviously Accies are the Good, that goes without saying, but  the Bad and the Ugly are still up for grabs. Let the battle commence!

clint eastwood everything about this film is perfect GIF by Maudit

7 hours ago, Torfason said:

Even the idiots who run our league must see this?

Don't underestimate the arrogance of the SPFL. If they are told by the SFA they can't do something one way they are so determined to show they are right they will achieve it another.

7 hours ago, Lex said:

You’d think the best outcome for them is a points deduction for us and Killie and the games are rescheduled. The worst outcome is we both just get a fine and.. the games are rescheduled

It's interesting to see how the commentary around the issue has shifted. As we (Kille and us) are provincial clubs, no big deal was made about the forfeiture - certainly not the sorts of fervour that would have met a team like Hibs or Aberdeen (or, God forbid one of the two OF) getting a points deduction for such a thing. Now, however, it does seem like most accept that the games should be played and that some form of punishment should be meted out.

Of course, what the idiots in the media say and what happens rarely aligns.