The Big Relegation Thread

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

After all the English top flight call offs there is next to no chance they will award the points. They have made an utter c*nt of this as per usual. The result will be to see Neil Doncaster salary increased to nearly £400k 

We will be the victims because the thought  of playing Shotts Bon Accord and the Fort Williams under 12 girls team fills me with dread right now. 

December had notoriously been shite for us under Robinson and is good to see he is keeping up with tradition. Problem is I don’t see January being any better.

We should go straight to Tenerife, concede any game we miss 3-0 and come back stronger, with a tan.

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

You are my comfort blanket 

You're just us under Tommy Wright.

Bad runs amongst good runs, but your manager will always be able to grind out results and steadily pick up form over the course of a season.

The football gods are truly fickle.

For years, rival club posters have been all over the threads of various teams on the lookout for a new manager, mockingly suggesting they'll end up with John Hughes, to all round joy and merriment.  Lo and behold, on the eve of New Year's Eve, if you go on the threads of many bottom six clubs- Accies, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, and now even a Saints fan or two- fans are calling for their teams' manager to be punted..

Meanwhile, Yogi has been crowned prince of Dingwall.

Crazy times we're living in.

valentines day love GIF by Boomerang Official

3 minutes ago, AllyM said:

or unless.......

Yeah thats Motherwell back in the mix.

Could be wrong, but feel like most teams who are struggling and change manager around thus point don't recover their form, while sticking by your manager brings more rewards.

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

Seems strange Robinson has left considering his team are getting 6 points on Jan 14th.

Never going to happen. Was the wrong decision at the time. But the SPFL thought it would be quite amusing to award 6 points to Motherwell and then take them back the morning of a game. Christ knows what we have ever done to them. 

That plus all the English games now being called off....

Never going to happen. Was the wrong decision at the time. But the SPFL thought it would be quite amusing to award 6 points to Motherwell and then take them back the morning of a game. Christ knows what we have ever done to them. 
That plus all the English games now being called off....

Have any of the English teams openly admitted to breaking protocols yet?

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Have any of the English teams openly admitted to breaking protocols yet?

You're not getting these points by default. The sooner you except this, the easier it will be for you to get over it.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh for ever-loving f**k's sake. First United, then Hearts, and now it could well be Motherwell.

I kind of doubt it. Simply because if you look at out history over the past 20 years or so, you see that we get away with ALOT of potential relegation issues:

1. 2002 when we went into Admin. No points deducted (it wasnt in the rules until after we entered Admin).

2. Finished bottom in 2003 (i think) and didnt get relegated 

3. finished 11th after narrowly topping St Mirren in 3106. Won the play offs against rangers.

I honestly believe with the players we already have, and a few signings, we will be able to climb the table and finish around the 7th or 8th spot. I will take 10th as that is usually our minimum ga for any season. There isnt THAT much between 12th and 5th so if we turn these "narrow" defeats a d draws into actual wins then i would be happy.

Maybe the SPFL can do us another favour on the 14th? Just to add it to the list.

Edited by Phillips455

I still have my eye on 5th

🤣

Vintage Accies today. Out the bottom two and I have no doubt they will be playing top flight football next year. What a shambles Well are, another bad day for them with everyone else in the bottom six picking up at least a point. If they don’t get their next managerial appointment right they’re gone.

With Martindale’s Livingston winning about 27 games in a row since he was appointed, the latest being the 3-0 humping of Hibs at Easter Road, I think we can safely rule them out the relegation discussion. They’re now closer to 4th than 11th. Drawdee United are probably safe aswell after their latest snooze fest point.

Draws in Killie - Saints and County - Saintees. Away teams will be happier there, missed opportunity for the home sides to go above their respective opponents.

2021-01-02_17-23-35.jpg.991988ef12d7d2c39d949bb13751e439.jpg

St Johnstone end a vital double header against Hamilton then County with 2pts and 0 open play goals.

"The bells toll, they toll for thee..."

Hamilton doing Hamilton things. Motherwell now look good for 11th.

2021-01-02_17-23-54.jpg.d8a2a51509e2f7929449cf290e7c643d.jpg

Hamilton/County still with a chance of getting 3/6 points added to their tally.

2021-01-02_17-28-39.jpg.ccd54c61240b72d9710cf37558439c85.jpg

Big week next week.

Nightmare scenario from a Saints perspective is Hamilton, Motherwell and County picking up points.

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I know we've been bad for much of this season but I don't often come out of a run of games against our relegation rivals and think any of them could go down.

Bottom 6 all in the mix.

33 minutes ago, Lex said:

🤣

Vintage Accies today. Out the bottom two and I have no doubt they will be playing top flight football next year. What a shambles Well are, another bad day for them with everyone else in the bottom six picking up at least a point. If they don’t get their next managerial appointment right they’re gone.

With Martindale’s Livingston winning about 27 games in a row since he was appointed, the latest being the 3-0 humping of Hibs at Easter Road, I think we can safely rule them out the relegation discussion. They’re now closer to 4th than 11th. Drawdee United are probably safe aswell after their latest snooze fest point.

Draws in Killie - Saints and County - Saintees. Away teams will be happier there, missed opportunity for the home sides to go above their respective opponents.

We’ll absolutely pump you lot next week. 

(🥺