The Big Relegation Thread

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I see the Bonnie Prince Charlie account is out in force today.

Keep crying you fucking welt! :lol:

I'd actually be keen to see why he thinks the legal challenge would be successful.

Sadly, he's an utter shitebag. 

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd actually be keen to see why he thinks the legal challenge would be successful.

Sadly, he's an utter shitebag. 

Oh, he's probably already told you under whichever account he actually posts under.

As we have all been assured of Hearts late surge in picking up points.  It would seem probable that they would have ended up 11th and thus a thigh slapping hilarious bottle job at Dens park again.  If anything it’s the rest of us that’s been robbed.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have arrived at the wrong result, we haven't. I don't even think they have much grounds for a legal challenge. 

I just think it's easy to say from the outside that they should just accept it. The board really has an obligation to anyone who may potentially lose their job to have explored every avenue they possibly can.

Fair enough - But is throwing lots of cash at a Court battle they are unlikely to win the best option. I would have thought that money would be better spent on wages (unless the legal funds are coming from personal funds from board members?)

Squealing Scottish Labour Grandee George Ffoulkes is thinking very different. Why dick around with the SPFL or the courts when you can escalate this pressing issue of national importance to the Foreign Office and make Hearts' relegation an international incident?

Edited by Aim Here

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Squealing Scottish Labour Grandee George Ffoulkes is thinking very different. Why dick around with the SPFL or the courts when you can escalate this pressing issue of national importance to the Foreign Office and make Hearts' relegation an international incident?

What sort of predictive text turns cùnt into Grandee?

2 hours ago, Bailey1874 said:

i know there has been Clubs who have benefited and Clubs who have lost out - but under the circumstances I think there was no other way forward (again just my opinion)

I agree with that. It's easy to say things are unfair without stating an option that is fair for all. Hearts keep saying no club should be unfairly penalised, but the Dutch model hits Dundee United, reconstruction is likely to mean other teams losing out financially be it gates or income due to more teams. 

I think the decision of the Dutch league is a lot more unfair than here in denying promotion.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I'm sure the government will put that right at the top of their list of priorities, surpassing stopping people dying and the country going bankrupt.  Pish stained old goat.

They've previous at this sort of thing.  Did Salmond not contact the  Lithuanians to tell them starving Bosnian steelworkers were less important than a Scottish Cup and that Tynecastle had no resale value? 

17 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Fucking Jakie b*****d. Makes the average toothless Morton fan seem almost normal. Shame on you Hearts. Shame on you for letting this pished a-hole anywhere near your team 

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Imagine the hearts fans if they did allow re con struction?

They be sticking the vickies up at everyone shouting haha mugs, You cant live without us mugs.you needed us to stay alive etc etc.

Thats hearts fans.

no of we started the reconstructed league the season after next 

1 minute ago, steelmen said:

I might be missing something (not unusual) but didn’t all 12 clubs agree on Friday to the ending of the season?

Yes, escaped the notice of some it seems. Think the provisional date UEFA gave for completion was July 20th? Assuming we get out of lockdown for the 1st of June that is only 7 weeks (and no guarantees football is permitted even behind closed doors) and immense amount to do before then!

Players contracts are up, some in early June, so teams lose players which must be bad for 'sporting integrity' and I doubt teams will be signing given uncertainties.

There is a reason all 12 teams agreed. Foulkes also overlooks other major nations who had longer to finish and called them earlier!

19 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I might be missing something (not unusual) but didn’t all 12 clubs agree on Friday to the ending of the season?

Yup.

Hearts appear to have no idea the number of ways in which that has spiked any legal challenge they might have, and that's even before you consider there's absolutely no way the challenge had any basis anyway.

I can't imagine what might be motivating the lawyers who might have told them this is worth a go. 🤔

25 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Fucking Jakie b*****d. Makes the average toothless Morton fan seem almost normal. Shame on you Hearts. Shame on you for letting this pished a-hole anywhere near your team 

I don't think he's been anywhere near a Hearts team since their Eastern revolution days. 

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Funny how Foulkes jumps into action within hours when his beloved football team is relegated, yet sits on his hands while his party tries to kick the can down the road on the Islamaphobic complaint raised by Humza Yousef 2 years ago. Two years where Foulkes has said (pun intended) SFA.

Clearly George cares about some things more than others. p***k of a man.

Fair enough - But is throwing lots of cash at a Court battle they are unlikely to win the best option. I would have thought that money would be better spent on wages (unless the legal funds are coming from personal funds from board members?)
They must have a crowd funding page for all the mouth frothers donations by now.