The Big Relegation Thread

38 minutes ago, Fashanu said:

Dundee Utd replacing Hearts makes the league better.  A club with a winning mentality over a club with a losers one.  It’s facts my friend, nobody likes clubs with a losers mentality.  Ask Jim Goodwin. 

You sound a bit like that serial loser tavernier at sevco.

Winners eh, no you have won nothing 

2 hours ago, flood said:

You sound a bit like that serial loser tavernier at sevco.

Winners eh, no you have won nothing 

I’m sure that sounded very reasonable in your head before posting.  Have a packet of discos and reflect on how prior it ended up though. 

9 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Anyone else think Dundee United will go straight back down next season? 

Personally as a Scottish football genius I believe it is a certainty. 

St Johnstone look like a stick on for me.

St Johnstone look like a stick on for me.

People have been predicting our downfall for seasons now, yet here we are, still a top 6 team. Our time will eventually come to an end in the top flight but given half the teams in the league may be scrambling for a squad whenever football restarts and the fact we’ve got essentially all of our players signed up. I’d wager for at least another season we’ll be fine, unless we appoint Alan Stubbs.

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

yet here we are, still a top 6 team

<pedant alert>

Not until the SPFL board ratifies the decision and publishes it.

At which point all Hibs fans will be delighted to see the final league table and St Johnstone leapfrog us into 6th place.

image.png.1fbebf530af8109c60b9d065cbfabfd8.png

Spoiler

image.png.9ba95172ff222d2625a3214f1e8703a8.png

27 minutes ago, Widge said:

People have been predicting our downfall for seasons now, yet here we are, still a top 6 team. Our time will eventually come to an end in the top flight but given half the teams in the league may be scrambling for a squad whenever football restarts and the fact we’ve got essentially all of our players signed up. I’d wager for at least another season we’ll be fine, unless we appoint Alan Stubbs.

*Widge reserves the right to delete this post when Alec Cleland is named as manager next week.

11 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Anyone else think Dundee United will go straight back down next season? 

Personally as a Scottish football genius I believe it is a certainty. 

I don't mind United at all.  Nice wee trip, dislike Aberdeen, strip can be used as British Rail safety gear.  What's not to like.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

That the new manager, Tam? Should I get a tenner on him at the bookies?

Nope, not him, save your cash.

From what I've heard about the new manager, if true, I'm very unimpressed. We'll be nowhere near relegation obviously but think it maybe lacks imagination. A fair chunk of our support(roasters) will be disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

From what I've heard about the new manager, if true, I'm very unimpressed. We'll be nowhere near relegation obviously but think it maybe lacks imagination. A fair chunk of our support(roasters) will be disappointed. 

The Brown's have had a pretty good record of appointments, Coyle, McInnes, Lomas, Wright. I obviously don't have the in depth experience as you, but I didn't think those last two would be up to much. I couldn't have been proved more wrong!

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

The Brown's have had a pretty good record of appointments, Coyle, McInnes, Lomas, Wright. I obviously don't have the in depth experience as you, but I didn't think those last two would be up to much. I couldn't have been proved more wrong!

979782978_RUxNODYyNTI5ODQ.jpg.94e1b08fb5d9baa382e9c5ecdab3f4bf.jpg

On 16/05/2020 at 10:45, TonyFerrino said:

I don't mind United at all.  Nice wee trip, dislike Aberdeen, strip can be used as British Rail safety gear.  What's not to like.

Craig Levin and Jackie MacNamara But I suppose that is already sorted.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Craig Levin Come on Down