The Big Relegation Thread

Great result tonight, it takes the gap between us & Hearts back to the 6 points it was before the January break, we've caught Ross County & even increased our gap on Hamilton from 1 point to 2 (see all below) obviously there's no room for complacency but even though the size of the defeat from Celtic was disappointing overall our form since the break has been reasonable.

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Celtic 20 42 52

2   Rangers 19 42 50
3   Motherwell 21 6 37

4   Aberdeen 21 4 36
5   Livingston 21 1 25
6   Hibernian 21 -7 25
7   Kilmarnock 21 -7 23
8   Ross County 20 -20 21
9   St Johnstone 19 -18 20
10   St Mirren 21 -12 19

11   Hamilton 21 -14 18

12   Hearts 21 -17 13

9 minutes ago, btb said:

Great result tonight, it takes the gap between us & Hearts back to the 6 points it was before the January break, we've caught Ross County & even increased our gap on Hamilton from 1 point to 2 (see all below) obviously there's no room for complacency but even though the size of the defeat from Celtic was disappointing overall our form since the break has been reasonable.

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Celtic 20 42 52

2   Rangers 19 42 50
3   Motherwell 21 6 37

4   Aberdeen 21 4 36
5   Livingston 21 1 25
6   Hibernian 21 -7 25
7   Kilmarnock 21 -7 23
8   Ross County 20 -20 21
9   St Johnstone 19 -18 20
10   St Mirren 21 -12 19

11   Hamilton 21 -14 18

12   Hearts 21 -17 13

Seeing that table again makes me shudder.

Few twists and turns to go, this is just the beginning.

I mean, there's a very big chance that this weekend, or at the very latest this month, is actually the end.

Before tonight's game, I had a look to see if St Mirren had taken a battering like the one they got on Saturday. They have twice (2-5 v Hearts and 0-3 v Motherwell) - they ended winning the following game each time, as they have tonight.

Remaining games

Kilmarnock 33pts - St Mirren (H), Motherwell (A), Livingston (H)

St Mirren 29pts - Kilmarnock (A), Rangers (H), Ross County (A)

Ross County 29pts - Hamilton (H), Hearts (A), St Mirren (H)

Hamilton 27pts - Ross County (A), Hibernian (H), St Johnstone (A)

Hearts 23pts - Livingston (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (A)

Then obviously we hit the split, and these 5 teams, plus one of St Johnstone and Hibernian, have their own wee league. So far Hearts need to earn 6 more points than Hamilton to avoid bottom, or 7 more points than County/St Mirren, in the remaining 8 games.

This is how a table involving just these 5 looks so far...

Screenshot_20200312-081738_Chrome.jpg.6f60fddb2f1f6545854596cf50c84e0c.jpg

Hearts look overwhelming favourites to drop, at this point.

Not fancying our chances all that much, it's around this time of year where Hamilton kick on. Genuinely might see the season delayed or stopped early though so who knows what'll happen.

There’s every chance of that. I still say two wins against Hearts, Hamilton or St Mirren will see County good, but I’d take draws in those games.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s every chance of that. I still say two wins against Hearts, Hamilton or St Mirren will see County good, but I’d take draws in those games.

Our team is so frustratingly predictable, so easy to play against us at times. Stewart and Mckay have a lot of pressure on them to get us out of this as the defence isn't going to get any better.

Not fancying our chances all that much, it's around this time of year where Hamilton kick on. Genuinely might see the season delayed or stopped early though so who knows what'll happen.

We’ve had our bounce. We will lose on Saturday if it goes ahead.

This is the Daniel Stendel era league table. How the table would look from his first game in charge, v St Johnstone on 14th December, until now...

20200312_085334.thumb.jpg.ecf9d760c3fb4e7a0e3ddba3b5f1f930.jpg

And this is each sides split of Home/Away fixtures before the split...

St Johnstone - 17 Home/ 16Away

Kilmarnock - 17 Home/ 16 Away

St Mirren - 16 Home/ 17 Away

Ross County - 16 Home/ 17 Away

Hamilton - 17 Home/ 16 Away

Hearts - 16 Home/ 17 Away

As it stands, this is how I guess the post split fixtures will be split...

St Johnstone - 2 Home/ 3 Away

Kilmarnock - 2 Home/ 3 Away

St Mirren - 3 Home/ 2 Away

Ross County - 3 Home/ 2 Away

Hamilton - 2 Home/ 3 Away

Hearts - 3 Home/ 2 Away

Current HOME table

Screenshot_20200312-091202_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5904b059910a47232c9f94f19059bb08.jpg

Current AWAY table

Screenshot_20200312-091243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bd0a77488e4c26b78f416d0dab1e1919.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the Daniel Stendel era league table. How the table would look from his first game in charge, v St Johnstone on 14th December, until now...

Clear who the big winners are there. St Johnstone have had an incredible spell since December, considering how gash you were.

I'm not undermining your achievement, but it kinda shows that it's relatively straightforward to change your fortunes in this league. Makes it incredibly frustrating that we've never really managed to not be in a relegation scrap, Gretna season aside.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Clear who the big winners are there. St Johnstone have had an incredible spell since December, considering how gash you were.

I'm not undermining your achievement, but it kinda shows that it's relatively straightforward to change your fortunes in this league. Makes it incredibly frustrating that we've never really managed to not be in a relegation scrap, Gretna season aside.

Most obvious thing is how few goals St Johnstone have conceded in that table. Scored the same as Hearts, yet 13 points better off.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most obvious thing is how few goals St Johnstone have conceded in that table. Scored the same as Hearts, yet 13 points better off.

We had to play Wallace fucking Duffy earlier in the season though. He single handedly could've got us relegated if we'd had to use him all season.

Tommy deserves credit for getting McCart in and keeping Liam Gordon fit. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

20200312_085334.thumb.jpg.ecf9d760c3fb4e7a0e3ddba3b5f1f930.jpg

Is this league table definitely right? We've lost twice in the league over the course of that time - Celtic and Livingston.

Edit: I'm guessing the Celtic game was removed because that was a rearranged game from before Stendel came in?

Edited by Kyle

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is this league table definitely right? We've lost twice in the league over the course of that time - Celtic and Livingston.

Edit: I'm guessing the Celtic game was removed because that was a rearranged game from before Stendel came in?

It does it by Matchday, not date, it seems, so doesnt really understand rearranged games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Not really that straightforward. Saints took a risk that not many sides would take in cashing in on our best attacking threat at that time to bring in McCart.