The Big Relegation Thread

I'm sure that everyone can agree, the only fair way to do this is to let tonight's match go ahead, then if we avoid defeat,the SPFL can cancel the 2019/20 season due to coronavirus and announce all positions at that point as final. 

Screenshot_20200311-073138_Chrome.jpg.b287bfe99e726b9e0c6a8f0e1c4f6ae7.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-073155_Chrome.jpg.b9ef6f6c19cf32129d2132793593960a.jpg

SHOWDOWN!!!! Potentially a massive game, one either side could look back at mournfully before the season ends. So many outcomes/variables, but frankly both sides will just want to win then work it out from there.

This is the "bottom half table"...

Screenshot_20200311-073315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.537124609c674226236377ac9d4d952e.jpg

Hearts need to improve that by the end of the season. St Mirren the only bottom half side theyve beaten this season, was back in November.

Edited by RandomGuy.

We're finishing tonight in 9th, 10th or 12th, six clear, four clear or even on points with Hearts.

In numerical terms, a defeat is no disaster for us here, but from a morale point of view I think it will absolutely ruin us. We're short of big characters on the pitch and I think, if we lose this, our heads will go and we'll finishing bottom.

For the record, if we win, I still don't think Hearts will finish bottom, but nor will we. 

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're finishing tonight in 9th, 10th or 12th, six clear, four clear or even on points with Hearts.

In numerical terms, a defeat is no disaster for us here, but from a morale point of view I think it will absolutely ruin us. We're short of big characters on the pitch and I think, if we lose this, our heads will go and we'll finishing bottom.

For the record, if we win, I still don't think Hearts will finish bottom, but nor will we. 

The Twitter Stattos, who tbf to them have spent all season claiming we would be top half, reckoned a month or so ago that you would finish about Ross County. 

Hamilton bottom, and Hearts 11th.

Dont think theyve updated that table in a while though.

ERu27fnVAAAmpz-.thumb.jpeg.6ba835af651b0349e0b932b6db72e8e6.jpeg

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Twitter Stattos, who tbf to them have spent all season claiming we would be top half, reckoned a month or so ago that you would finish about Ross County. 

That's interesting, and pretty much how I see it panning out in the event of a Saints win tonight. Obviously the stats can't/won't take into account my projected collective arse collapse if we lose such a crunch game.

It'll probably be a draw, right enough.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

ERu27fnVAAAmpz-.thumb.jpeg.6ba835af651b0349e0b932b6db72e8e6.jpeg

That table has Accies finishing on 27 ( roughly ) points.. Accies have 27 points already . 
That would mean them picking up nothing more between now and the end of the season ....

Be surprised if that happens ...

54 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

That table has Accies finishing on 27 ( roughly ) points.. Accies have 27 points already . 
That would mean them picking up nothing more between now and the end of the season ....

Be surprised if that happens ...

It was from almost a month ago tbf.

15 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Does anyone have a Hearts scarf I can borrow for tonight?

Struggling to know whether to respond with a gif of Robbie Nielson punching the air when you took us to penalties, or of Hladky saving the final pen, or Ian Ferguson's shot hitting the back of the net, or the classic 'Willo Flood pushes the camera'.

Which would you prefer and I'll get it sorted?

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Struggling to know whether to respond with a gif of Robbie Nielson punching the air when you took us to penalties, or of Hladky saving the final pen, or Ian Ferguson's shot hitting the back of the net, or the classic 'Willo Flood pushes the camera'.

Willo Flood please -I miss him.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Utterly shitting myself.

UEFA restrictions means even a nefarious stream will be almost impossible. I'm usually tucked up before half 10, and yet I find myself considering holding out through the motionsnot knowing and watching the game later, on Alba.

The fact it's on Alba should mean there'll be a stream kicking about.

51 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Neilson celebrating please