The Big Relegation Thread

Killie looking like an outside (and I mean outside) shot of the play off spot. Can't see them dropping as low as 12th but they seriously need some wins to get away from County.

Wednesday really can't be understated from a Hearts point of view.  Lose and we are 6 off 10th and 4 off immediate safety.  

Win though and we are off bottom, 1 behind Hamilton and possibly only 3 behind County with them to play at Tynecastle.

14 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

The St Mirren game is our biggest since the 2012 cup final.

A win would be priceless, a point wouldn't be the end of the world, defeat doesn't bear thinking about.

Same for us mate, apart from the cup final bit. If anything, as crazy as it sounds, I'd say a defeat would be more damaging for us than it would for you, given our current trajectory. I still feel like you'll haul in at least one of those above you, regardless of what happens this week. But if we lose, we could really spiral.

Guest Moomintroll
Killie looking like an outside (and I mean outside) shot of the play off spot. Can't see them dropping as low as 12th but they seriously need some wins to get away from County.
We will be underwhelmingly fine. 8th place is the lock of the week, meh.

The St Mirren game is our biggest since the 2012 cup final.

A win would be priceless, a point wouldn't be the end of the world, defeat doesn't bear thinking about.

Far more interesting than the top of the league. Hard going for Hearts. Did not expect to see them in such a perilous position that my visits to the Gorgie Fish Bar might be in jeopardy.

Strange reactions. All I was saying was that it might've been better to win against Killie and County or against Rangers and County, if we could only pick two of them to win. Of course, we might end up winning all three, and a draw wouldn't be too bad depending on other results.
Not sure picking which games you want to win is a great plan in your position.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Wednesday really can't be understated from a Hearts point of view.  Lose and we are 6 off 10th and 4 off immediate safety.  

Win though and we are off bottom, 1 behind Hamilton and possibly only 3 behind County with them to play at Tynecastle.

Overstated.

Untitled.png.98e71241b3a5a0f49df14c436f5bae0b.png

County fail to collect a win against an abysmal Rangers side. With teams around them managing the opposite, its maybe not a great result.

Untitled.png.50ba66448f69dd12a8fe26df532c63eb.png

Nothing changes. Countys goal difference makes their position a perilous one, and we're all set up for a few massive games after the split.

Next game?

St Mirren v Hearts on Wednesday...

The next three games for County are absolutely massive. Lose all three and we're screwed, win all three and we're safe. I'd like six from nine, minimum.

Remaining games

Kilmarnock 33pts - St Mirren (H), Motherwell (A), Livingston (H)

Ross County 29pts - Hamilton (H), Hearts (A), St Mirren (H)

Hamilton 27pts - Ross County (A), Hibernian (H), St Johnstone (A)

St Mirren 26pts - Hearts (H), Kilmarnock (A), Rangers (H), Ross County (A)

Hearts 23pts - St Mirren (A), Livingston (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (A)

Ross Countys fate is really in their own hands here.

Perhaps Accies and County fans thinking a draw on Wednesday  is the best bet?
I'd say the draw is best result if we're hoping for 10th place. If we're hoping for 11th and take out luck in the play off then either of them taking the full 3 points is probably better.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Our sporting press is a shambles. Ask a fucking doctor about it, not a football manager.

Probably a governmental decision. Either way , its definitely not Jim's unfortunately. 

On 05/03/2020 at 18:52, Falcor Roar said:

One day there will be a tremendous nuclear holocaust where the lands will be covered in radiated dust and smoke. Out of the ruins will climb only 2 things. Cockroaches and Hamilton Academical.   

On 06/03/2020 at 11:57, nsr said:

Are those two separate things now?

Image result for kenneth williams