The Big Relegation Thread

St Mirren v Hearts on Wednesday is probably the biggest league game of the season to date. If Hearts pick up nothing from that then I think they have to be hot favourites for automatic relegation. Win it and it would be a surprise if they even finished 11th

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

St Mirren v Hearts on Wednesday is probably the biggest league game of the season to date. If Hearts pick up nothing from that then I think they have to be hot favourites for automatic relegation. Win it and it would be a surprise if they even finished 11th

Definitely the biggest game in the bottom half to date. A draw wouldn't be the worst result for us, but a win would be massive- lose it , and I've well and truly got the fear.

No chance, we are by a mile the team certain to finish bottom.

No we are not. Today aside we are more than a match for all the teams in the bottom half. I have a feeling about County. The game next Saturday will be pivotal. If Hamilton win, I can see County go down

4 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

No we are not. Today aside we are more than a match for all the teams in the bottom half. I have a feeling about County. The game next Saturday will be pivotal. If Hamilton win, I can see County go down

Thing is, while we might well deserve to do so, a couple of wins in the three games between ourselves and St Mirren, Hamilton and Hearts (and indeed Rangers), and we go straight back into being completely safe territory.  If nothing else, the bottom half being so close adds to the excitement.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

They're probably the worst team in the league along with us. I'm worried that we've 'peaked' too early (just in terms of this week) and won't beat them next week.

The Accies team in the first game of the season is one of the worst sides I have ever seen in the top flight. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

No chance, we are by a mile the team certain to finish bottom.

Think on paper at full strength we're a better side (marginally) than St. Mirren, but there isn't an awful lot between County, St. Mirren and Accies.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

They're probably the worst team in the league along with us. I'm worried that we've 'peaked' too early (just in terms of this week) and won't beat them next week.

Aye,we've peaked with half a squad out ffs.

Constant negativity from some of our fan base is as usual ott.

Even on a day when we win with ten men,a section of our fan base  still have to put a downer on things ffs.

Aye,we've peaked with half a squad out ffs.
Constant negativity from some of our fan base is as usual ott.
Even on a day when we win with ten men,a section of our fan base  still have to put a downer on things ffs.
Have a drink for fucks sake!
Strange reactions. All I was saying was that it might've been better to win against Killie and County or against Rangers and County, if we could only pick two of them to win. Of course, we might end up winning all three, and a draw wouldn't be too bad depending on other results.

20200308_082603.thumb.jpg.72509b429972805953eef12ece79562c.jpg

Hamilton the big winners, two back to back league wins for the first this season I believe. Hearts garner another point on St Mirren who get a result everyone expected.

Screenshot_20200308-082631_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ccbf7cee906bf11e89d8975953d85e7b.jpg

St Johnstone become the first side to breach 35 points, so remove themselves from the thread. Fate well and truly tempted. Hearts unbeaten run continues yet they still find themselves adrift of 10th again. County look in trouble again.

Screenshot_20200308-082713_Chrome.jpg.c61c0eed12ddec45d4a07856ceb271a4.jpg

Will fancy taking something from that. Wednesday sees Hearts play St Mirren.