The Big Relegation Thread

Update to this...

Remaining fixtures before split - fixtures against top half sides in italics. 

Kilmarnock - 32pts - Aberdeen (H), Hamilton (A), St Mirren (H), Motherwell (A), Livingston (H) 

St Johnstone - 32pts - St Mirren (A), Livingston (H), Hibernian (A), Celtic (A), Hamilton (H) - Rangers (A)

Ross County - 29pts - Motherwell (A), Rangers (H), Hamilton (H), Hearts (A), St Mirren (H)

St Mirren - 25pts - St Johnstone (H), Celtic (A), Hearts (H), Kilmarnock (A), Rangers (H), Ross County (A)

Hamilton - 21pts - Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Ross County (A), Hibernian (H), St Johnstone (A)

Hearts - 19pts - Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), St Mirren (A), Livingston (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (A)

You think? They've failed to beat Ross County, St Mirren and Hamilton at home this year. Think their bottom half record is 1 win in 12 games.
I'd have zero confidence they'll pick up more points after the split than Hamilton.
Thanks to the low quality of the Premiership this season, all of their games until the end of the season are winnable (other than Rangers, ours are too). Accies and Hearts are two dreadful sides, but weird things happen at the end of the season (one of us might actually win a couple of games).

It would immediately stop being funny when you realise they're romping that league next season.

I’d still enjoy myself even in a one horse league.

Friday night football [emoji818]️

No Sunday games [emoji818]️

No more having to share a ground with the old firm [emoji818]️

Arbroath away [emoji818]️

Re-kindling the rivalry with Dundee [emoji818]️

No pishy winter break [emoji818]️

Less midweek games [emoji818]️

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Friday night football emoji818.png

No Sunday games emoji818.png

No more having to share a ground with the old firm emoji818.png

Arbroath away emoji818.png

Re-kindling the rivalry with Dundee emoji818.png

No pishy winter break emoji818.png

Less midweek games emoji818.png

Glorious. Take us with you plz (also add Ayr away). 

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Plus, spending three years ripping the piss out of Morton fans can do wonders for your posts/likes ratio. I've heard. :whistle

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Anyone up for a top flight of 16 with the OF fucking off to the Atlantic League or something?

On last nights result, I'm heading to our edinburgh office to see if the Jambo's are still delusional. 

8 minutes ago, Silvio said:

On last nights result, I'm heading to our edinburgh office to see if the Jambo's are still delusional. 

From what I read last night, theyll be more than fine as the rest of the bottom half is shite and theyll skoosh their way to 5 wins out of 5 after the split.

Edited by RandomGuy.

From what I read last night, theyll be more than fine as the rest of the bottom half is shite and theyll skoosh their way to 5 wins out of 5 after the split.

Depends who you’re talking to, I was chatting to a couple of Hearts fans I play football with last night who reckon if they lose against Hibs they’re down. Guys said that they just didn’t see it with Stendel and that if it’s a bit of a doing, the crowd will be totally toxic and against the team. Haven’t even sold out their allocation either I don’t think.

I hate being in the championship. The only good season in the championship is the one where you win it (apart from miracle great escapes of course, but that was only half a season of fun). The rest of the time it's a turgid shitfest of a league that you'll be stuck in for years. I really hope we don't get relegated.

Be careful what you wish for.

I clearly remember in 2010 when we blew survival that some folk weren't that bothered. "Lots of wins, exciting football, more interesting away days" was the story you heard.

But fail to bounce back straight away and, well, the dangers are obvious.

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

Great result for us last night but still way to early to condemn anybody to the bottom 2.

Yeah: the radio team were being positive about Saints last night, saying how far clear we could be (essentially safe) if we win our two games against Hearts. My head instantly converts that to the equal and opposite outcome if we lose those games.