The Big Relegation Thread

Big day today...

Screenshot_20200215-125000_Chrome.jpg.7246238c5d4c8d5c87cc1dc750c66045.jpg

Updated with the news St Mirrens game has been cancelled. Suspect their fans will now spend the day watching the score at Tynecastle, which feels like it could condemn someone to bottom. 

County v St Johnstone a minor one but a win for either lessens their chances of the drop.

Screenshot_20200215-125040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.34bd3de0c32d81f0f7953d361acb1d0c.jpg

Sort of thinking County are the top placed team still in danger, but it's hard to rule teams out this early after Hibs collapse a few seasons ago.

On 27/12/2019 at 15:45, yoda said:

I thought that St Johnstone would start picking up points too, and I've been proved correct. Of the four others - themselves, St. Mirren, County, and Hamilton - St Johnstone have the strongest team.

On 27/12/2019 at 16:25, RandomGuy. said:

Not convinced about that, tbh. Folk seem blinded by the names in our attack rather than what's actually there. We've zero defensive depth, no striker worthy of the name, and the midfield has spent the season being carried by a 20 year old in his first top flight season.

11567526.gif

Screenshot_20200215-165330_Chrome.jpg.05f55e3c7ecc2219b8da089be384909f.jpg

Screenshot_20200215-165341_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c02f80a1e390e7e8f5b38e46ea23fbbe.jpg

Any winners or losers today? Just another game ticked off really. Hearts drag themselves a wee bit closer to 10th I suppose, and Hamilton dont drop to bottom. Not much else to really take from it.

Down to 6 games until the split for most teams...

Hibernian - 33pts - Kilmarnock (A), Livingston (H), Hearts (H), Aberdeen (A), St Johnstone (H), Hamilton (A), Celtic (H)

Kilmarnock - 32pts - Hibernian (H), Celtic (A), Aberdeen (H), Hamilton (A), St Mirren (H), Motherwell (A), Livingston (H)

St Johnstone - 31pts - Rangers (H), St Mirren (A), Livingston (H), Hibernian (A), Celtic (A), Hamilton (H) - *Rangers (A)

Ross County - 26pts - Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (A), Rangers (H), Hamilton (H), Hearts (A), St Mirren (H)

St Mirren - 22pts - Hearts (H), St Johnstone (A), Celtic (A), Kilmarnock (A), Rangers (H), Ross County (A) - *Motherwell (A)

Hamilton - 20pts - Motherwell (A), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Ross County (A), Hibernian (H), St Johnstone (A)

Hearts 19pts - St Mirren (A), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), Livingston (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (A)

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Thought St Johnstone looked pretty good first half today. No idea why they went backs to the wall 2nd half. They’ll be okay I reckon.

TBF I think we're safe now, Hearts and Hamilton surely won't gain 9/10 before the split, based on current form!!!, so a mid-30s finish should see teams safe. We potentially only need around 4 points from our remaining 12 games, and are top of the "bottom half table".

After seeing Hearts and St Mirren recently, I think they're a bit worse than I've given them credit for, however they're both better than us.

Since they got promoted, Accies have never finished above a side that we've trailed by six points at any point in the season, so it's very much a case of needing to catch St Mirren - an opportunity that we've fucked up on many occasions this season.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I still feel Hearts will be alright.

It is exciting though. Surely it will go down to the last day. 

Oh that's okay then. Heart of Midlothian would never manage to contrive a colossal f**k up on the last day of the league season.

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

After seeing Hearts and St Mirren recently, I think they're a bit worse than I've given them credit for, however they're both better than us.

Since they got promoted, Accies have never finished above a side that we've trailed by six points at any point in the season, so it's very much a case of needing to catch St Mirren - an opportunity that we've fucked up on many occasions this season.

Our recent game v you was one of our worst performances of the season though, certainly our worst since we lost 3-0 at home to Motherwell beginning of December.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Our recent game v you was one of our worst performances of the season though, certainly our worst since we lost 3-0 at home to Motherwell beginning of December.

The first half maybe,  but we were far better 2nd after JG sorted out his selection and formation mistakes. 

6 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I still feel Hearts will be alright.

It is exciting though. Surely it will go down to the last day. 

I watched that hearts v Hamilton match on TV, those are the worst 2 teams in the league and their league position won't change much - maybe they will pass the baton between them, but I reckon these are the bottom 2 come May.

4 hours ago, mylothedog said:

Just looked at the matches to be played before the split. We have 2 home games, one against Sevco and 5 away games. We really need to beat Hearts on Friday to try and get points in the bag.

3 at home and 4 away. 

We have St. Johnstone, Hearts and Rangers at home. 

Motherwell, Killie, Ross County and Celtic away.