The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I think the vast majority of St Johnstone fans know fine well we're still very much in the battle, so no dragging required.

With the squad as light as it is, we're a couple of injuries away from being in proper trouble all over again.

Even without injuries, it's not unlikely that it eill be full on crisis again by 5pm this Saturday. 

Praying for miracle signings this week, but it ain't gonna happen. 

13 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Can still see Ross Co and St J being dragged into play off spot but must be Hamilton for 12th.  Hearts will still finish bottom 6. No way are they catching us. 

There'a no chance of that, no.  But that's fine by me - while Stendel is creating the Scottish Liverpool, probably best to play five games agianst teams we can beat than drag ourselves round Pittodrie and Glasgow. The loss of the derby is a shame, but swings and roundabouts...

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep, I still feel sick just thinking about those games.

Yeah, we were utterly woeful last year. This team can at least shitfest, defend and get clean sheets. Losing Magennis and Paul McGinn is a blow for us. Jim's signings have been fairly good, at least defensively so we'll have to hope he can replace McGinn and get a forward body in. 

33 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We haven't been allocated that, though we are asking for more so I'm sure we'll get extra.

You've been given the North and part of the Main as normal, you can buy tickets online.

I think you've just sold out your printed tickets, not every seat, if that makes sense.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've been given the North and part of the Main as normal, you can buy tickets online.

I think you've just sold out your printed tickets, not every seat, if that makes sense.

Yeah got you, I've obviously misunderstood the tweet Hearts put out.

McBookie have it between us and Accies to finish bottom. They are 13/8 we are 2/1. Hearts next at 5/1.

Was that before the Hearts score? Sky bet have us at evens and St Mirren 15/8. Our price will probably drop further after Celtic pump us next week. So I’ll be getting some money on us through the week.

I'd be worried about who was making decisions at Kilmarnock right now, a lot of them appear to be pretty erratic and motivated by either arrogance or a lack of football insight. Appointing Alessio in the first place seemed like a board trying too hard to think outside of the box and go for a quirky wildcard, only to punt him a few months later despite doing a fairly passable job.

Giving the job to Dyer based on his catastrophic interim period was another weird one, I get the feeling a few people have bought into last year's hype, assumed Alessio was the problem and that this squad is good enough to survive under any old jobber on talent alone. Sleepwalking towards relegation.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Was that before the Hearts score? Sky bet have us at evens and St Mirren 15/8. Our price will probably drop further after Celtic pump us next week. So I’ll be getting some money on us through the week.
Just after the Hearts game, bud.

McBookie have Killie at 12/1! Seems pretty big but the likes of Finlay and Power will see them ok.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Would an Ayrshire Derby Playoff Final be the best spectacle that Scottish Football has ever seen?

Not for me to say, but yes.

Related image

I posted similar in the Killie thread but this would be outstanding.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Would an Ayrshire Derby Playoff Final be the best spectacle that Scottish Football has ever seen?

Not for me to say, but yes.

Related image

It's going to happen, isn't it?

And we're going to lose, aren't we?

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

538 have the below as their probabilities for relegation based on SPI analysis (i.e. similar to what the Hibee poster did earlier in this thread):

225677049_538SPIrelegation.PNG.e21df2c2dc307c470de57506b3600b28.PNG

I'd swap Killie & Hearts.

I live in Ayr nowadays and wouldn't mind being in the play-offs as long as it's with them - even when I lived in Paisley it was my favourite away day! :offtopic:jerry

Edited by btb

31 minutes ago, Fide said:

5%? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. 😪

Poor form at the moment but you've still conceded at least 7 goals less than 4 out of 5 of the other bottom 6 sides which can make a big difference. It's been growing though. Throughout most of December your estimated chances of relegation were either 1% or lower.

Our back line looks as strong as it ever has in years !!!

Lack of StMirren in this chat.

McBookie have it between us and Accies to finish bottom. They are 13/8 we are 2/1. Hearts next at 5/1.

We just aren't taking our chances. Our back line has been decimated and our consistent performer Paul McGinn is joining Hibs.

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yeah got you, I've obviously misunderstood the tweet Hearts put out.

I saw that message from Hearts. Bit confusing - my m8 has bought tickets this evening direct from the Fermers that are apparently central behind the goals. 

Got my cigars and deckchair ready. 8)

Edited by SEETHING