The Big Relegation Thread

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

They struck me as a Championship side playing the big boys yesterday, and looked like a team that will struggle. It could be that their home form against dross like Hamilton, the fermers, St Mirren etc might get them enough points to survive.

Dross like St Mirren that comfortably took 3pts against Aberdeen.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

That's what they always say just before Hibs do it again. 

I don't mind taking shit from fans of most clubs in Scotland.. but Greenock Mortified fans😂 you only dream of the chance to be relegated from the top flight virgin boy...

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

I don't mind taking shit from fans of most clubs in Scotland.. but Greenock Mortified fans😂 you only dream of the chance to be relegated from the top flight virgin boy...

Interesting fact: The last time Morton were relegated was the 2013/14 season. From The Championship to League One. On the final day of that particular seaon at the other end of the table, Dundee only had to draw against Dumbarton to secure promotion (technically Hamilton could have been promoted if Dundee had drawn and Accies had produced an 8 goal swing but as if that was going to happen!!!11!!1!!! Hahahahahahaha). Dundee managed to win that day which is just as well as Hamilton somehow miraculously managed to produce an incredible 8 goal margin winning scoreline by defeating Morton 10-2. From that day onwards Morton became known as Morten and the rest is history. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Munoz said:

Dross like St Mirren that comfortably took 3pts against Aberdeen.

One win against an awful Dons side doesn't mean that St Mirren aren't dross. 

Booted out of the league cup by part-timers and amateurs, and 3 defeats in 4 games in the league. 

There's nothing to suggest that St Mirren won't be down there once again battling relegation.  But you keep on patting yourselves on the back though. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

One win against an awful Dons side doesn't mean that St Mirren aren't dross. 

Booted out of the league cup by part-timers and amateurs, and 3 defeats in 4 games in the league. 

There's nothing to suggest that St Mirren won't be down there once again battling relegation.  But you keep on patting yourselves on the back though. 

No patting from me, I'll wait to the first quarter is done before I decide on how our season will pan out. Until then , our dross pumped you 1-0. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

One win against an awful Dons side  

The faux concession that your own side is shite in order to devalue someone else's victory over you is one of my least favourite Pie and Bovril tropes.

I agree with the rest of your post, though: we are better than last season but still likely to be in the bottom third, if not the bottom quarter, because the league is stronger at the wrong end this season IMO.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 02/09/2019 at 09:35, Coventry Saint said:

The faux concession that your own side is shite in order to devalue someone else's victory over you is one of my least favourite Pie and Bovril tropes.

I agree with the rest of your post, though: we are better than last season but still likely to be in the bottom third, if not the bottom quarter, because the league is stronger at the wrong end this season IMO.

You're looking too deeply into it my striped friend. There was no intention to demean Saints' performance......it simply a case of stating the bleeding obvious, that we didn't come close to playing well on that day.

You're correct in what you're saying though. The bottom half of the league will be more compacted this season, not just because of the relative strength of teams expected to be around the bottom, but also because teams like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Kille and St Johnstone look weaker......meaning that there's likely to be more points available to St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County etc.

I have a feeling that the bottom of the Premiership is going to be far more interesting than the top this season. 

You're looking too deeply into it my striped friend. There was no intention to demean Saints' performance......it simply a case of stating the bleeding obvious, that we didn't come close to playing well on that day.
You're correct in what you're saying though. The bottom half of the league will be more compacted this season, not just because of the relative strength of teams expected to be around the bottom, but also because teams like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Kille and St Johnstone look weaker......meaning that there's likely to be more points available to St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County etc.
I have a feeling that the bottom of the Premiership is going to be far more interesting than the top this season. 

You obviously haven’t heard that rangers are BACK.

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

When was the last time this wasn't the case?

Interesting fact: The last time Morton were relegated was the 2013/14 season. From The Championship to League One. On the final day of that particular seaon at the other end of the table, Dundee only had to draw against Dumbarton to secure promotion (technically Hamilton could have been promoted if Dundee had drawn and Accies had produced an 8 goal swing but as if that was going to happen!!!11!!1!!! Hahahahahahaha). Dundee managed to win that day which is just as well as Hamilton somehow miraculously managed to produce an incredible 8 goal margin winning scoreline by defeating Morton 10-2. From that day onwards Morton became known as Morten and the rest is history. 

It also was the day Dundee fans got T-shirt’s printed...

I saw enough on Saturday to think that Livi shouldn’t be ruled out. While we were poor, Livi were no great shakes either. I think the people ruling out Livi of being in the relegation battle are quite premature. They have a decent enough side, they’ll be down there with the rest of us diddies.

23 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I saw enough on Saturday to think that Livi shouldn’t be ruled out. While we were poor, Livi were no great shakes either. I think the people ruling out Livi of being in the relegation battle are quite premature. They have a decent enough side, they’ll be down there with the rest of us diddies.

Tend to agree. When Livi came to Dingwall County were extremely poor and Livi were good but not that good. They dealt out some Shock And Awe and prevented County from getting a moment to settle or compose for most of the 90 minutes. I would hope County will match up a bit better in attitude and energy for the next meeting. Other teams will have heeded the lesson too.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Tend to agree. When Livi came to Dingwall County were extremely poor and Livi were good but not that good. They dealt out some Shock And Awe and prevented County from getting a moment to settle or compose for most of the 90 minutes. I would hope County will match up a bit better in attitude and energy for the next meeting. Other teams will have heeded the lesson too.

Thing is, people were saying that about Livi at this point last season.

They've got some decent players, a settled formation and system, and a good manager. They're a hard team to beat, which generally in the Scottish Premiership means that you'll avoid relegation.

4 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

4 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

What a coincidence :lol:

A coincidence that's been fucking brilliant for 2/3 seasons titter.png.0dd4b4b280821bb93a833782c5c87c2f.png