Sack Race - Premiership Edition

Who'll be punted first?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, TavTastic said:

Heckingbottom 100%. Levein sholf have gone ages ago but seems strangely untouchable.

Hes the DOF at Hearts, so him leaving would technically involve him sacking himself.

I’ve voted Heckingbottom. It’s got to be him. He’s chucked our budget at a lot of shite and can’t get us defending whatsoever. 

The English League one/Championship level signing strategy fails spectacularly again. It’s almost as if those leagues aren’t as good as they are made out to be.

A few managers seem completely safe from the sack. Gerrard, Holt, Rice, McInnes and Goodwin are all managers I'd be stunned to see punted. Robinson weathered the storm lasts season and came out with a halo, so looks fine too.

Lennon will be fine unless they lose on Sunday and start losing ground to Rangers, at which point they might act and appoint an actual manager. Levein needs to sack himself for him to go so is also likely safe.

Killie manager will be given time, but won't get much slack if things start to turn, foreign managers rarely do, while the County managers will also be punted if this mini-collapse continues, but again, will be given time to work it out first.

TW is a funny one, you'd say he was unsackable due to how hes done, but our chairman admitted he already knows who his replacement would be. We look absolute stick ons for relegation at the moment so that could finally be the tipping point for a change, still can't see it.

Heckingbottom stands out. Just your usual self-arrogant English manager who believe any old jobber from down there will stroll it up here, so fills a squad with them. Hibs will spend years recovering from the mess hes made of their squad,

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few managers seem completely safe from the sack. Gerrard, Holt, Rice, McInnes and Goodwin are all managers I'd be stunned to see punted. Robinson weathered the storm lasts season and came out with a halo, so looks fine too.

Lennon will be fine unless they lose on Sunday and start losing ground to Rangers, at which point they might act and appoint an actual manager. Levein needs to sack himself for him to go so is also likely safe.

Killie manager will be given time, but won't get much slack if things start to turn, foreign managers rarely do, while the County managers will also be punted if this mini-collapse continues, but again, will be given time to work it out first.

TW is a funny one, you'd say he was unsackable due to how hes done, but our chairman admitted he already knows who his replacement would be. We look absolute stick ons for relegation at the moment so that could finally be the tipping point for a change, still can't see it.

Heckingbottom stands out. Just your usual self-arrogant English manager who believe any old jobber from down there will stroll it up here, so fills a squad with them. Hibs will spend years recovering from the mess hes made of their squad,

who would it even be?

Voted Heckingbottom though it deserves to be Levein.

Hibs' new owners will probably wan't to get their own man in now they've seen that H-Bottom isn't very good.

I'm a great admirer of Budge but she needs to admit her mistakes now and GET LEVEIN TO FCK. 🥵

The English league 2/Conference signings work if you have a scout actually willing to go and watch them. There’s some really good players at that level who would bite your dick off to play in the Scottish Premiership. 

The problem Hibs have, and Falkirk last season, is they signed shite ones.

Has to be hittingbottom, absolutely clueless and out his depth. Watching highlights and that's a group of individuals who barely know who does what

The English league 2/Conference signings work if you have a scout actually willing to go and watch them. There’s some really good players at that level who would bite your dick off to play in the Scottish Premiership. 
The problem Hibs have, and Falkirk last season, is they signed shite ones.

Absolutely agree. There is quality in those leagues so I don’t really buy the argument that signing players from there is necessarily a bad thing. I think in Scotland were a bit sensitive to managers signing players from league 2 or 1 as we want to think were better than that up here but quality does exist.

It just so happens that there’s some absolute shite too.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolutely agree. There is quality in those leagues so I don’t really buy the argument that signing players from there is necessarily a bad thing. I think in Scotland were a bit sensitive to managers signing players from league 2 or 1 as we want to think were better than that up here but quality does exist.

It just so happens that there’s some absolute shite too.

There is a lot less shite down there since PH signed 9 in the summer................

Back to your main point, there is some chat that our recruitment guys told the manager that (at least) two of his picks were not suited to the game up here................but he went ahead anyway.

If that is the case, hes signed his own P45.

There is a lot less shite down there since PH signed 9 in the summer................

Back to your main point, there is some chat that our recruitment guys told the manager that (at least) two of his picks were not suited to the game up here................but he went ahead anyway.
If that is the case, hes signed his own P45.

I’ve not actually seen hibs this season outside of sportscene so I wouldn’t want to try and pretend I’m informed or have a valid opinion in any individual player.

However, the risk heckingbottom is taking is that if you bring in unknown players fans will have far less patience than someone they know in the SPFL. But if what you’re saying is true then yeah he’s in a bit of bother. It does seem like he’s actually a good man manager but recruitment has failed.