Dundee vs Alloa

I honestly thought Peter Grant was the manager to end Alloa's run of successful managers since Hartley. I mean even supposed failures like Barry Smith led Alloa to a famous victory over Rangers and Danny Lennon - well I suppose he was the one failure. But I expected Grant to blow the lot out of the water.

It can't be understated how good a win yesterday was for Alloa. It's something we're not particularly good at down at Palmerston so fair play. This game will be a lot harder than people think. 

It was a Barry Smith led Alloa that led to Bomber deciding he wasn't good enough to get us up after a 1-1 draw at Dens. And that was the year we won the league and they so far, look to be a stronger outfit than they were back then. Absolutely not mugs. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I honestly thought Peter Grant was the manager to end Alloa's run of successful managers since Hartley. I mean even supposed failures like Barry Smith led Alloa to a famous victory over Rangers and Danny Lennon - well I suppose he was the one failure. But I expected Grant to blow the lot out of the water.

It can't be understated how good a win yesterday was for Alloa. It's something we're not particularly good at down at Palmerston so fair play. This game will be a lot harder than people think. 

It was a Barry Smith led Alloa that led to Bomber deciding he wasn't good enough to get us up after a 1-1 draw at Dens. And that was the year we won the league and they so far, look to be a stronger outfit than they were back then. Absolutely not mugs

Fairly irrelevant I know, but although Barry Smith had been appointed that week, he didnt take the team that day for the 1 1 draw- it was Paddy Connelly as caretaker. 

10 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Fairly irrelevant I know, but although Barry Smith had been appointed that week, he didnt take the team that day for the 1 1 draw- it was Paddy Connelly as caretaker. 

Speak of PC, is he still your assistant? Any reason why he's never made the jump up?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speak of PC, is he still your assistant? Any reason why he's never made the jump up?

Yeah still assistant manager. Think he had the chance to go for it after Smith left in particular, but has always said he never wants to step up to outright management.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yeah still assistant manager. Think he had the chance to go for it after Smith left in particular, but has always said he never wants to step up to outright management.

which has been good for us , always there to pass on advice to new managers , and he has seen a few .

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No it doesn’t scan.

There was an auld Dayglow named Granny, 

Whose posts marked him out as a fanny, 

What he typed with his hands, 

Resulted in bans, 

And everyone was consequently much happier. 

See? It's quite an effective technique in the right hands. 

Anyway, I'm derailing the thread so that's enough of that. Needless to say that if we don't win this, we can all proceed to Full Meltdown

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No it doesn’t scan.

You won't be dropping bars at a freestyle battle anytime soon.

Read it again but don't take a pause between the last two lines - read it as a continuous sentence. 

Consider that a free trial - I'll be charging for rap lessons from now on.