Dundee vs Elgin

Ludo*1

Take i there were no sports reporters there today? BBC Football has "Elgin shock 10 man Dundee" and Local radio has Elgin scoring last minute winner. Keeper was sent off after 2nd goal and the only shock was that it wasn't more. 

The whole team was immense as were the travelling support.

1 hour ago, gordon9736 said:

Take i there were no sports reporters there today? BBC Football has "Elgin shock 10 man Dundee" and Local radio has Elgin scoring last minute winner. Keeper was sent off after 2nd goal and the only shock was that it wasn't more. 

The whole team was immense as were the travelling support.

The Courier had a good write up 

Dundee 1-2 Elgin 

Referees can play advantage and issue a red card if there's a goalscoring opportunity (which there obviously was in this case).

Feel bad for Ferrie though. Got put into a ridiculous situation with his defender.
If the ref plays advantage from a case of denying a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, then he should only give a yellow card, not a red. That's because the goalscoring opportunity hasn't really been denied if advantage is played.

I can only assume that the referee deemed the challenge itself to be worthy of a red card for serious foul play.

I was certain Ferrie had got a touch of the ball before contact, and the Elgin player was still able to progress the play afterwards. Feel a straight red was quite harsh, a yellow would've been fine. Fucked up any chance of a comeback, though if we're being real I severely doubt we would have had the gumption to come back anyway. Team looks spineless sadly.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If the ref plays advantage from a case of denying a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, then he should only give a yellow card, not a red. That's because the goalscoring opportunity hasn't really been denied if advantage is played.

I can only assume that the referee deemed the challenge itself to be worthy of a red card for serious foul play.

10 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I think he deemed it a red card tackle.

Yeah that's what I thought.

I think he maybe was a tad harsh with it and I did feel sorry for him getting put in that situation but he went in quite high and basically karate kicked the guy. Maybe got a touch of the ball but I suppose that it doesn't matter if his challenge was deemed reckless and he deffo got some of the player with it.

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And the award for least relevant and most pointless post of the day goes to...

I know...

Am just relieved that other clubs - you, Hibs and Partick anyway - have managers doing as badly as Levein.