Scotland v Cyrpus

GordonS

I think that was emphatic enough to prove that the girls are all more than happy with their International status. Great performance, and a great result. Kim Little was superb ofcourse but I though Claire Emslie was outstanding too. 

Just back from that game, and the scoreline is amusing. Maybe we're still a global fitba' superpower after all, though the fact that Cyprus Women's International Football Team had never actually played a game of football before probably helped.

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:
38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
Elmslie looks a decent player.

She's playing alongside Marta now, she could kick on from here. Really hard working player.

And Alex Morgan. Orlando Pride are bottom of the league right now though. 

Just back from that game, and the scoreline is amusing. Maybe we're still a global fitba' superpower after all, though the fact that Cyprus Women's International Football Team had never actually played a game of football before probably helped.
They have played - the lost 6-1 in Hungary at the end of last season. They haven't played a qualifier though. Which reflects really badly on their country IMO, but at least they're here now.

We got better as the game went on but I didn't think that was a good performance. I think Cyprus are the worst side I've seen us play and last season we'd have got double figures.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

They have played - the lost 6-1 in Hungary at the end of last season. They haven't played a qualifier though. Which reflects really badly on their country IMO, but at least they're here now.

We got better as the game went on but I didn't think that was a good performance. I think Cyprus are the worst side I've seen us play and last season we'd have got double figures.

Okay okay, this is their first competitive game of football.

I thought Cyprus were better than North Macedonia and they won a lot in the air considering my missus kept saying how wee they were, but really the score could have been anything. Shelley’s got them keeping possession at all costs which made for quite a boring watch with sporadic injections of pace, with Claire Emslie the only one willing to take a risk and run at players.

She seemed to be the reason for the number 4 coming on before half time and she seemed to be marked more tightly in the second half with another defender marking the space in behind. That was away over the far side so I had a job seeing it but she seemed less effective anyway. On the right Lizzie Arnott got a bit more penetration when she came on although it was against a tiring defence.

Weir and Little were tremendous but I always feel a wee bit disappointed with Lisa Evans considering her track record at club level.

Also a shout out to Hibs for matching their city rivals in the ‘long queues at the turnstiles’ contest. Even with print at home tickets we still took about 10 minutes to get in.

Went along tonight to only my second women's match and the first for my wee girl.

She absolutely loved it, especially the Kim Little show. Hopefully a fan for life now.

Cyprus were obviously very poor, but kept working hard until the end. We should probably have had even more than 8.

Hopefully the national team are back at ER again soon.

Dominate from Scotland for the whole 90, Cyprus 2 players with the frizzy hair (cant remember their numbers lol) where the best out a poor lot tbf.

Have to beat what's in front of you but there will be tougher tests in the campaign that this.  

Lastly was a good crowd be good to see more games in the East.

• 2 months later...