Standing Bowl XVII

Swarley

13 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Tried to be different with my Seahawks pick! Backfired spectacularly should have went with the Easy win over the Redskins! 

A bold yet ultimately foolhardy gamble! At least you weren't one of the shitebags.

Week 7 done and dusted. One down, three to go and into new territory. Pretty sure we've never reached Week 8 before so congrats to @Spain @Fuctifano @CountyFanWeek 8 fixtures below. Deadline if picking the "Thursday" game will be 01:15 Friday or Sunday 16:55 for all other games. Good luck

Friday October 25th
Redskins at Vikings

Sunday October 27th
Seahawks at Falcons
Broncos at Colts
Buccaneers at Titans
Cardinals at Saints
Bengals at RAMS
EAGLES at Bills
Chargers at Bears
Giants at Lions
Jets at Jaguars
Panthers at 49ers
Raiders at Texans
Browns at Patriots

Monday October 28th
Packers at Chiefs

Tuesday October 29th
Dolphins at Steelers

Week 1- Eagles and Chargers 

Week 2- Cowboys and Ravens 

Week 3 - patriots and Packers 

Week 4- Rams (oops) and Chiefs 

Week 5-  Texans and Bears (oops 2)

Week 6- Saints and Seahawks

Week 7- Bills and 49ers

Week 8- Vikings and Steelers

Don't like picking the Thursday game but the Vikes are one of the better teams I've not used and their next 2 are @ KC and @ DAL so might as well use them now as the chance of this still going in 3 weeks time are small.

Week 1: Ravens & Eagles

Week 2: Browns & Bears

Week 3: Patriots & Cowboys

Week 4: Falcons & Chargers

Week 5: Chiefs & Texans

Week 6: Seahawks & Packers

Week 7: Bills & Jags

Week 8: Rams & Vikings

I've gambled again on keeping the niners and a couple of others alive for next week. I don't like doing the London games as some teams make an arse of it, but this is the best chance to use up the Rams for a while.

17 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Did we all go through again? 

Yes, everyone's a winner. All three of you got two correct picks so we move onto Week 9. Fixtures below. Deadline if picking the "Thursday" game will be 00:15 Friday or Sunday 14:25 for all other games. Good luck.

Friday November 1st
49ers at Cardinals

Sunday November 3rd
Texans at Jaguars
Bears at Eagles
Colts at Steelers
Jets at Dolphins
Vikings at Chiefs
Titans at Panthers
Redskins at Bills
Buccaneers at Seahawks
Lions at Raiders
Packers at Chargers
Browns at Broncos
Patriots at Ravens

Tuesday November 5th
Cowboys at Giants

Week 1: Ravens & Eagles

Week 2: Browns & Bears

Week 3: Patriots & Cowboys

Week 4: Falcons & Chargers

Week 5: Chiefs & Texans

Week 6: Seahawks & Packers

Week 7: Bills & Jags

Week 8: Rams & Vikings

Week 9: 49ers & Colts

This doesn't feel so comfortable anymore. I like the Colts chances but it means I can't use them against the Phins next week now. I do at least have the Saints to use against the Falcons next week though - provided I make it of course.

On 21/10/2019 at 22:05, Fuctifano said:

Week 1- Eagles and Chargers 

Week 2- Cowboys and Ravens 

Week 3 - patriots and Packers 

Week 4- Rams (oops) and Chiefs 

Week 5-  Texans and Bears (oops 2)

Week 6- Saints and Seahawks

Week 7- Bills and 49ers

Week 8- Vikings and Steelers

Don't like picking the Thursday game but the Vikes are one of the better teams I've not used and their next 2 are @ KC and @ DAL so might as well use them now as the chance of this still going in 3 weeks time are small

Well now, I have 2 teams with winning records available to me and I'm going to risk surviving another week so I can plug in the colts next week as everything else I have left next week is sketchy at best. 

So :

Week 9: Panthers and (fucking hell)  Jets 

Edited by Fuctifano

Thought I was out there at first glance. Looks like we got ourselves a Standing Bowl play-off again at last, at week 10!  Sorry everyone, we may have ruined the potential for a 2nd round this year.

And then, thank f**k, there were two. Congrats to @CountyFan on making it to the Championship weekend but you're out of here.

Our final two, @Spain the three time WORLD CHAMPION going for an unprecedented back to back titles so lets call him the P&B New England Patriots versus the plucky newcomer @Fuctifano who I'm sure everyone will be supporting.

A reminder of how this works; each player is required to pick 5 teams and a tie-breaker question during the sudden death week.  Picks and scores to be submitted by PM and the winner will be the player with the most correct picks and should both players have the same number of correct entries then the player tie-breaker will come into play.

The deadline for picks and also the tie-breaker question will be 01:15 on Friday November 8th. A reminder that you have to pick 5 teams that you have not so far selected thus far.

Tie breaker question: What will the total points scored across all of this weekend's games? (if the difference between both players answers and the actual answer is the same then the player whose answer is not higher than the actual answer will win)

And here are the fixtures. Good luck to you both

Friday November 8th
Chargers at Raiders

Sunday November 10th
Ravens at Bengals
Bills at Browns
Lions at Bears
Giants at Jets
Chiefs at Titans
Cardinals at Buccaneers
Falcons at Saints
Dolphins at Colts
Rams at Steelers
Panthers at Packers

Monday November 11th
Vikings at Cowboys

Tuesday November 12th
Seahawks at 49ers 

2019-11-06 08_18_37-StandingBowlXVII - Excel.png

11 teams to pick 5 from, 3 of whom are double digit underdogs, this will be fun 🙃

edit: submitted. Though I was going to ask if I could pick both Arizona and Tampa Bay in the same game to guarantee myself 1 win which might be more than I get, but it would probably end a tie if I did that 

Edited by Fuctifano

I had 12 to pick from, but hell. Half of those are proper 50:50 games and most of the rest are just the heavy underdogs left available. I only have faith in one of those results to be honest; I could easily end the week 1-4. Good luck @Fuctifano

9 hours ago, strichener said:

I thought you were allowed to pick any teams (including ones that you had previously picked) in the play-off?

There's nothing in the rules to stop this. We do say that you can only pick a team once but that is in the section about week to week picks. I think everyone, myself included, has just assumed that you need to pick five never previously selected teams. I like that as its a real test and stops both players just picking the same five teams that have a high chance of winning. Rule amendment for clarification next time!