Elgin City v Edinburgh City

14 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think Edinburgh are just beginning to get up to speed after a sluggish start. Would be delighted with a win but think Edinburgh might shade it.

That's right!  We beat Dunfermline in the Betfred Cup, then had a couple of very, very poor performances against East Kilbride and Albion Rovers. Then came that disgraceful  show at Cove, where we stood back and admired the new team (Which is exactly what NOT to do with Cove!).

However, since then, a last minute winner against Brechin and then two decent performances and wins against Stirling and Stenhousemuir and we're back on course as most people expected before it all started.

I'm still nervous about this game though as we have quite a poor record up at Elgin.  Plus of course  Elgin have been good so far this season

The game Could go anyway, whoever is more up for it will win.   I'd probably take a point right now, and would be delighted with all three!

I'll guess at 2-2  as these are always high scoring games between us.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Don't always agree with @Tenkay!! But a point would do me just fine and keep our recent momentum going.

Och, Ally!...You're a good guy and we need to stick together, the few of us that follow City!

As far as I know our only difference of opinion is over Jonny Court?

I think he couldn't score into an empty net, and his goalscoring record for a supposed striker is very poor!

However, I do agree with you there could be a role for him to hold the ball up and rumble defenders BUT,  he would always need a proper striker playing alongside him to actually finish the chances we create.

Och, Ally!...You're a good guy and we need to stick together, the few of us that follow City!
As far as I know our only difference of opinion is over Jonny Court?
I think he couldn't score into an empty net, and his goalscoring record for a supposed striker is very poor!
However, I do agree with you there could be a role for him to hold the ball up and rumble defenders BUT,  he would always need a proper striker playing alongside him to actually finish the chances we create.

Aye very true, nowhere near enough of us to split into factions!

1 hour ago, tikataka said:

Why do you have a civil service strollers badge as your photo Tenkay? Strange for an Edinburgh City fan to have. Are they your second team?

Yes you could say my second team. Well at least I go watch the odd game there when City are away.

Plus our old boss Gary Jardine and his coaching staff plus a few players went there so we have some links.

Cracking game which I really enjoyed. In the end a travesty that we did not win but at HT we would have been happy with a draw.

The ref had a big hand in the result, the second Edinburgh penalty the lad kicked the ground and fell over and then he turned down a stonewall Elgin penalty.

Easy to blame the ref though and Elgin could have been 3-0 up after about 15 minutes and must have missed at least 6 great chances in the second, if we had taken these chances the refs performance would have been immaterial. 

Two decent teams and if we continue to play like we did second half we will roll a few teams over. However it’s points that make prizes and we’ve only got 6.

On a slight negative note signs of last seasons defensive frailties on show.