New Kids on the block , pretenders, survivors, or promotion material?

Toonsers

New kids on the block, new to the forum. What’s everyone’s views on this season and how Cove will fare?is it a flash in the pan start?Or a force to be reckoned with?Is the pyramid system good or bad for the league or should there be an SPL3 to accommodate the clubs with the ambition to improve but also giving (perhaps) another league to catch any unfortunate established clubs which may fall into the abyss?

1 hour ago, Toonsers said:

or should there be an SPL3 to accommodate the clubs with the ambition to improve but also giving (perhaps) another league to catch any unfortunate established clubs which may fall into the abyss?

No chance, it would just end up full of colts teams. Plus we should be looking at making it easier for clubs and supporters at this level, not another national setup 

Have always thought that a number of top Highland League teams were a step up from the lower levels of Scottish League football.

That has been borne out over the years with numerous Scottish Cup results in my lifetime going back to the sixties

Both Ross County and ICT rising through the leagues have backed up that point, although Elgin and Peterhead could counter balance that argument.

Anyway, in summary, I reckon Cove are genuine promotion contenders and expect them to go up this season, spend a couple of seasons in League One and then potentially make the Championship.

I think Peterhead have done as well as you can expect a part time club to do. They've bounced between League One and Two levels. 

They've just missed out on a Championship level stint. 

Edit: 2 league titles, challenge cup final and at least one other promotion in the last 20 years. Plenty would be happy with that.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

ICT were never a Highland League team. How very dare you.

Peterhead have done as well as can be expected, TBH.

My humblest apologies, I should have known better

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think Peterhead have done as well as you can expect a part time club to do. They've bounced between League One and Two levels. 

They've just missed out on a Championship level stint. 

Edit: 2 league titles, challenge cup final and at least one other promotion in the last 20 years. Plenty would be happy with that.

In all honesty FWF, when you put it like that Peterhead have done better than I thought.

Elgin, at one time the HL powerhouse have been disappointing but County (especially) and Peterhead have done themselves proud and certainly better than a Bonnyrigg/Linlithgow/Auchinleck/Kelty etc etc would although these and many more will surely appear in L2 in next 20 years, at whose expense is the bigger question