New Managers

nodmaster

I think Hanlon deserves a crack at it if he wants the job. May not be the right time though. The team seem to be struggling.  I really hope whoever gets the job  is a success.  Success this season will be staying up.  I think any Candy fan would be delighted after the start they have made. 

That's for me part of the problem people keep telling me they are good players and the managers can't get the best out them .

I actually just think they are not very good and if I'm wrong then it's there attitude and desire that's lacking so either way whoever comes in will need to look at replacing most of the squad there as not even Tommy Sloan could turn this squad around

As for the manager well I think any appointment always has the eminent of a gamble regardless of who comes in so I would have no issue with a young ambitious guy coming in and giving us a fresh outlook and approach rather than going down the road of guys who have failed and been sacked elsewhere as if they are not good enough for xyz why should we accept them bring good enough for the Candy .

Anyway what will be will be and I'm sure the guys behind the scenes have there own idea of how they wish to take the club forward .

ARDEER THISTLE FC

Ahead of today’s Scottish cup time I would just like to wish Ardeer all the best going forward and we wish the players and Del all the best today.

For anyone who doesn’t know myself & Jim have stepped down and Colin Ross will also leave with us. This was not an easy decision but one we felt was only fair on Ardeer. Having re built the playing squad this summer we felt we had made ardeer more competitive on the park, however as we knew would happen with bringing 23 new players in, we started losing boys who either weren’t playing enough or wanted something different. When we stepped down on Wednesday our numbers were at 15 and three of those were dual contracts. Myself and Jim once again used all contacts we had but this time we had no such luck adding to our numbers. Going forward in this situation meant we could no longer see a positive path and in that position the only fair thing to do was to step down.

Ardeer is a great wee club and one I only wish the best of luck too, it undoubtably needs more support but there is an opportunity for something great to happen down there.

I would like to thank peter and all the committee for their help and the opportunity to manage here.

Biggest thanks has to goto the players, that have been brilliant for us and I would gladly work with each and everyone of them again given the chance. I hope youse stick it out and give the next manager the same support you gave myself and Jim.

Paul & Jim

ARDEER THISTLE FC

Ahead of today’s Scottish cup time I would just like to wish Ardeer all the best going forward and we wish the players and Del all the best today.

For anyone who doesn’t know myself & Jim have stepped down and Colin Ross will also leave with us. This was not an easy decision but one we felt was only fair on Ardeer. Having re built the playing squad this summer we felt we had made ardeer more competitive on the park, however as we knew would happen with bringing 23 new players in, we started losing boys who either weren’t playing enough or wanted something different. When we stepped down on Wednesday our numbers were at 15 and three of those were dual contracts. Myself and Jim once again used all contacts we had but this time we had no such luck adding to our numbers. Going forward in this situation meant we could no longer see a positive path and in that position the only fair thing to do was to step down.

Ardeer is a great wee club and one I only wish the best of luck too, it undoubtably needs more support but there is an opportunity for something great to happen down there.

I would like to thank peter and all the committee for their help and the opportunity to manage here.

Biggest thanks has to goto the players, that have been brilliant for us and I would gladly work with each and everyone of them again given the chance. I hope youse stick it out and give the next manager the same support you gave myself and Jim.

Paul & Jim
unfortunately this is happening more and more , unless your paying decent money u have 2 run with a small squad , and a couple of injuries or guys on holiday and your struggling and trying to draft guys in to help out, and trying tp get a good amateur or someone unattached is difficult

• 2 weeks later...

New Managers

Fraser Duncan  Sauchie Juniors

Brown Ferguson Linlithgow Rose

Paul Kelly St Roch's

Billy Campbell Cambuslang Rangers

Craig Johnstone Ardeer Thistle

Out Managers

Alan Paterson Cambuslang Rangers

Alan Kelly Maryhill

Martin Mooney Sauchie Juniors

5 hours ago, nodmaster said:

Ok So wHo is manager then at Linlithgow Rose ?

The EoS club appointed Brown Ferguson, they are not the same side as the Junior club. 

….and Sauchie Juniors aren't a Junior side either, hence why I made that announcement in the EoS forum rather than here.

Edited by Jason King

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

So there are two linlithgow rose teams playing out same ground. Cani be right or is it just late at night n im tired

No, one plays at a licensed ground (seniors) and the other plays in a cage (juniors).

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/linlithgow.htm

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/linlithgowcfc.htm

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
21 hours ago, Ginaro said:
No, one plays at a licensed ground (seniors) and the other plays in a cage (juniors).
http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/linlithgow.htm
http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/linlithgowcfc.htm

So the ex junior team are now seniors and if so could they be promoted into LL and eventually into SFL 2. ??

Yes, since they have an SFA licence.

• 4 weeks later...