Albion Rovers v The Binos

49 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Alot of sour grapes from Stirling fans here, what about him or him.

Need to look at your team here, you have a more than decent squad, one which should be top half come end of season, but are sitting 0 points from 5 games, why are you not saying we were really bad we lost the lead v a very poor Albion rovers team

I agree. I went along today because I wasn't hardcore enough to travel over six hours to witness a 3-0 defeat in a Force 6 at an industrial estate in Aberdeen. However with Wharton, East, Osadalor, Docherty, Peters and Hawke, it all felt quite familiar (where was Fotheringham?).

The ref got a lot of abuse for the red cards, but although I thought the first was just a robust 50/50, it was high. The others fair enough, but it did spoil it as a competition. Hilariously entertaining as a spectacle.

Stirling Albion do seem to be less than the sum of their parts this season. Good to see Peters score a goal, it was an instinctive turn and shot, but shouldn't have troubled the keeper from that distance.   Other than that I just didn't see a goal threat. What little we did see of Bikey was terrifying though.

Rovers quite exciting to watch going forward and pleased to see Smart at the centre of everything. I feel we offloaded him too quickly but he does seem to have developed.

2 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Alot of sour grapes from Stirling fans here, what about him or him.

Need to look at your team here, you have a more than decent squad, one which should be top half come end of season, but are sitting 0 points from 5 games, why are you not saying we were really bad we lost the lead v a very poor Albion rovers team

I've watched the, very shaky, clips. 

I don't think Nichols tackle was any more than a yellow. It wasn't high it was on the ground but he went into the tackle showing his studs. 

Wilsons red was a second yellow which I didn't realise. The new laws on handball are farcical but the same for all teams.

Frustration about the inconsistency of refereeing isn't sour grapes.

I (and a lot of others) saw many positives in our performance today.

8 hours ago, headthebaw said:

I've watched the, very shaky, clips. 

I don't think Nichols tackle was any more than a yellow. It wasn't high it was on the ground but he went into the tackle showing his studs. 

Wilsons red was a second yellow which I didn't realise. The new laws on handball are farcical but the same for all teams.

Frustration about the inconsistency of refereeing isn't sour grapes.

I (and a lot of others) saw many positives in our performance today.

It was McLean who was sent off for the handball. Straight red. Can someone clever tell us what the laws now say on the matter? 

Edited by Bold Rover
Addendum.

8 hours ago, headthebaw said:

He caught him halfway up his shin with his studs. Anyone that doesn’t think that’s a red should stop watching football.

That's a leg breaker, anyone supporting that really needs to go to Specsavers or start watching Rugby instead.

Have to agree, have read quite a few comments on Facebook from fans who are saying it wasn’t a red and KR came out and said it after the match but I’m struggling to see their reasoning in truth.IMG_5076.jpg

It was McLean who was sent off for the handball. Straight red. Can someone clever tell us what the laws now say on the matter? 

Was it a straight red? If that is the rules, then the rule is an ass.

Least said about Kevin Nicol the better.

Yes, you’re right, it was McLean. A straight red must mean the ref saw it as a deliberate attempt to deny a goal, which is ridiculous

Have to agree, have read quite a few comments on Facebook from fans who are saying it wasn’t a red and KR came out and said it after the match but I’m struggling to see their reasoning in truth.IMG_5076.jpg.4a1d0a7a16a2d094be3e4d016a045d50.jpg

That picture is pretty damming. Spec savers it is then

I agree. I went along today because I wasn't hardcore enough to travel over six hours to witness a 3-0 defeat in a Force 6 at an industrial estate in Aberdeen. However with Wharton, East, Osadalor, Docherty, Peters and Hawke, it all felt quite familiar (where was Fotheringham?).
The ref got a lot of abuse for the red cards, but although I thought the first was just a robust 50/50, it was high. The others fair enough, but it did spoil it as a competition. Hilariously entertaining as a spectacle.
Stirling Albion do seem to be less than the sum of their parts this season. Good to see Peters score a goal, it was an instinctive turn and shot, but shouldn't have troubled the keeper from that distance.   Other than that I just didn't see a goal threat. What little we did see of Bikey was terrifying though.
Rovers quite exciting to watch going forward and pleased to see Smart at the centre of everything. I feel we offloaded him too quickly but he does seem to have developed.
Fotheringham has taken a job down south so left after the game last week

10 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Basically for a pen to be awarded the handball doesnt need to be deliberate team only need to gain an advantage,

The red card, though? It wasn't a Suarez-type save on the line but would have gone in if his arm wasn't out. Red card seems harsh now, viewing the clip: but I don't know what rhe law now is. 

If the referee deemed that he was stopping the ball going towards the goal it is a red card. Can only assume this is what it was given for? A yellow card for handball is only given for stopping the ball going to an opponent or trying to score illegally I’m sure.

The red card, though? It wasn't a Suarez-type save on the line but would have gone in if his arm wasn't out. Red card seems harsh now, viewing the clip: but I don't know what rhe law now is. 
If you stop a goal scoring opportunity by committing any foul it's an automatic red card, that's always been in the laws of the game

11 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Why was Kenny Crichton acting as physio for both teams today?

Our physio [who is also an excellent P&B poster] wasn't in attendance nor was his assistant. Not sure why that was but fair play to Stirling for agreeing to help.

Now to the game and we were woeful and only won due to playing 9 men for long periods; even then, we were far from convincing. Stirling though were really spirited in adversity and whilst they'll be worried about being adrift at the bottom they have a level of fight that we didn't have when in a similar situation last season.

Goalkeeper was murder for the goal and if PJ Morrison is available for loan, we really should be getting that done.

30 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
53 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

If you stop a goal scoring opportunity by committing any foul it's an automatic red card, that's always been in the laws of the game

But wasn't there a recent change, with regards handball?