Albion Rovers v The Binos

Well we travel to Coatbridge on Saturday in the search of our first points of the season after 4 looses on the trot by a single goal. 

The thought running thru most Binos fans is can we get something on Saturday or will we be looking at 5 straight defeats in the row. ? 

Always a difficult place to get points and the Rovers have had a decent start to the season but lost last weekend to Brechin at home 1-0 so that hopefully gives us some hope we might get something. 

Need to get points on the board and not let too big a gap develop between ourselves and teams above us if we want to have any chance of doing something this season. 

Prediction Albion Rovers 1 Binos 2        😉

Edited by rhliston

Looks interesting game and could definitely shape the form of both sides , seems Albion were unlucky against Brechin, so their confidence might have dropped with that late Cove equaliser and loss at weekend, Stirling might be fired up and looking to get 3 points , I'll go narrow Stirling win, Duffy with winner

Saying that , I think I just like the set up at Stirlijg, tho this season I don't think the manager sounds. As believable and didn't recruit well , is Nichol doing well since he signed from Clyde? I like him as player but seems he wasn't as popular with the Clyde fans as I thought , 

3 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Saying that , I think I just like the set up at Stirlijg, tho this season I don't think the manager sounds. As believable and didn't recruit well , is Nichol doing well since he signed from Clyde? I like him as player but seems he wasn't as popular with the Clyde fans as I thought ,

We were much quicker in possesion without him in the side but he was far from unpopular. First captain to lead us to promotion since 2000 after all.

2 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Nichol has been one of our better players so far this season despite the start we have made. He has been the type of player we needed in midfield for the last couple of seasons a no nonsense type midfielder who upsets the opposition. 

12 hours ago, rhliston said:

Always a difficult place to get points and the Rovers have had a decent start to the season but lost last weekend to Brechin at home 1-0 so that hopefully gives us some hope we might get something. 

Eh? You won five-nil at Cliftonhill last season after one of our players made an arse of himself, needlessly getting himself dismissed in the first half.

Eh? You won five-nil at Cliftonhill last season after one of our players made an arse of himself, needlessly getting himself dismissed in the first half.

If only history could repeat itself on Saturday I would be happy but on the form we are in just now, can’t see that happening. Would take a scrappy 1-0 win to give us the points.

Wasnt popular at rovers either left after 6 months

4 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Interesting . I didn’t know he was with Albion Rovers in past.

He was with us twice; once with hair (2006/07) and once without (2013/14). A hardworking guy but clearly not the most naturally gifted... watch him score a hat-trick now in a 2-0 Binos win on Saturday...😂

I don't think my money would be on Nicholl to score hat trick tommorow lol, hes a low budget Scott Brown type, loves a strong tackle to win posession back, I think both sides will be looking to get the 3 points tommorow, Outside of the Cowden game (not expecting exciting game, would take a scrappy win), i would say Albion vs Stirling and Elgin vs Edinburgh City are the ties of the weekend in the division, could go either way both games.