Midweek fixtures - 27/28 August

AlansHotBath

12 minutes ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

Great result for Civil but surely time for DS to step down at Spartans

You could probably have made that statement for the last there years, hes the lowland league's craig levine....

14 minutes ago, Dead said:

Worst ever LL defeat for The Spartans by a long way. Feels like a changing of the guard moment.

Doesn't Douglas have full time work doon there wi the academy  though  ? Dont think it's as clear cut as you make out and dont forget he lost a few of his best players pre season. Moneys talking even  at this level 🤔

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Doesn't Douglas have full time work doon there wi the academy  though  ? Dont think it's as clear cut as you make out and dont forget he lost a few of his best players pre season. Moneys talking even  at this level 🤔

I was thinking more a changing of the guard in terms of top dogs in the division rather than DS moving on.

Took in the game tonight. Spartans collapsed second half but in all honesty there was nothing in the first half and were unlucky to be 2-0 at the break inclusive of two goals conceded that were shambolic defending.

Good set up at Kelty and they are geared up for league football. I can't see many teams living with them when they get going.

14 minutes ago, Dead said:

I was thinking more a changing of the guard in terms of top dogs in the division rather than DS moving on.

Ah I was going along lines similar to what  crafty daft magoo  and yersel were  saying. Apologies. Saying that Spartans haven't been near top for few seasons now. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Was at East Kilbride Vs Civil Service, CSS look really well organised again this year and should do fine, EK should have taken something given the chances they had but really didn't have much quality in and around the box. First time at K Park, the midges are absolutely horrendous!

28 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Was at East Kilbride Vs Civil Service, CSS look really well organised again this year and should do fine, EK should have taken something given the chances they had but really didn't have much quality in and around the box. First time at K Park, the midges are absolutely horrendous!

I've never had any problems with midges at K Park. Mainly because it's usually peeing down/blawing a gale whenever I've been there!  There were a lot of midges at Fauldhouse when I was up there a few weeks ago and it seems that standing next to someone with a vape is more protective than standing next to someone with a cigarette. 

Kelty fairly rattling the goals away at the moment. Barry the Bully must be a brilliant manager... :whistle

ETA: Gary Jardine keeps up a decent record at K Park too....! 

Edited by tamthebam
Gary Jardine is GOD

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Ah I was going along lines similar to what  crafty daft magoo  and yersel were  saying. Apologies. Saying that Spartans haven't been near top for few seasons now. 

Spartans won the league 2 year ago so how do you figure that out?

3 hours ago, marcelo said:

Spartans won the league 2 year ago so how do you figure that out?

Yes they did it shouldve read since winning league,jeez I was the one defending them 🤷‍♂️

Its getting more and more difficult for Spartans so can you answer why they lost their best players  ? 

Lose yer best players especially to yer main rivals yer always gonnae struggle does nae matter who's in charge   🤔

Edited by newcastle broon

They've abandoned training in the past due to the midges!

8 hours ago, Neilly said:

Took in the game tonight. Spartans collapsed second half but in all honesty there was nothing in the first half and were unlucky to be 2-0 at the break inclusive of two goals conceded that were shambolic defending.

Good set up at Kelty and they are geared up for league football. I can't see many teams living with them when they get going.

8 hours ago, Christophe said:

Good to see the entire Stenny fanbase out scouting the league they'll be in next season.

Went along to Edinburgh Uni last night. Berwick missed a first half penalty and scored the winner midway through the 2nd half. Nothing in the game thought a draw would have been a fair result. Crowd 202. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit