Succession

Detournement

Gobbledy go f**k yourself is such a phenomenal insult its genuinely frustrating to me that there's almost no context I can work it into my day to day life. :( 

Part way through season 2 after bingeing season 1, wish I'd known about the show sooner, found it by chance more or less.

Favourite part so far (possible spoiler alert but I'll keep it vague all the same, it doesnt feel like it warrants a spoiler tag tbh as its not really a Snape Kills Dumbledore/Sixth Sense thing) was Greg wanting to blackmail Tom but not quite being jaded enough to do it yet (or at least that he isn't really sure how to do it and mumbles his way around it) and Tom looks legit thrilled at Greg telling him about the copies he kept. Tom pretty much talks himself into getting blackmailed :lol: . The utter delight in the delivery of "You're a complete piece of shit, Greg!" and "I accept your offer to blackmail me" was hilarious.

edit: and of course as soon as I type that I remember Roman's dirty talk over the phone. Proper belly laughs.

another edit, but will try to stop now. "We're listening isn't a great idea for a tagline. I, um, spoke to legal and it turns out, um, we are... actually listening. Quite aggressively, in some cases. Apparently. To um, improve the user experience".

We here for you.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 17/11/2021 at 22:43, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Greg wanting to blackmail Tom but not quite being jaded enough to do it yet (or at least that he isn't really sure how to do it and mumbles his way around it) and Tom looks legit thrilled at Greg telling him about the copies he kept. Tom pretty much talks himself into getting blackmailed :lol: . The utter delight in the delivery of "You're a complete piece of shit, Greg!" and "I accept your offer to blackmail me" was hilarious.

The whole scene is magic, but the clincher for me is when they're both chuckling away, Tom asks him where the papers are, and Eggy Greggy bursts out with an "I'll never tell". It makes me laugh every time I think of it. Two guys just having a great time laughing about blackmail, evidence destruction and proprietary theft. Pretty much the heart of the entire programme.

The whole scene is magic, but the clincher for me is when they're both chuckling away, Tom asks him where the papers are, and Eggy Greggy bursts out with an "I'll never tell". It makes me laugh every time I think of it. Two guys just having a great time laughing about blackmail, evidence destruction and proprietary theft. Pretty much the heart of the entire programme.
Aye, even blackmail over horrible crimes is seen by them as just a wee bit of point scoring to grift a few quid and a bit of position out of the other..... Untouchable and they know it.

I imagine its probably not a bad portrayl of the way yer super rich c***s carry on.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

Episode 6 is back to it's best after the slow burn start.

It's going to be some end to the season.

Yeah I’ve been a bit underwhelmed so far this season but that was an incredible episode. Tom and Greg in the diner talking about prison is the funniest scene of the new run, a return to form. Really beginning to warm to Tom too. 

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Yeah I’ve been a bit underwhelmed so far this season but that was an incredible episode. Tom and Greg in the diner talking about prison is the funniest scene of the new run, a return to form. Really beginning to warm to Tom too. 

This was the first episode this season with loads of extras and guest actors and the plot has moved on from just internal Waystar stuff. So they possibly planned the first half of the season around Covid then the second half back to normal.

Tom and Greg sharing a cell in season 4 has to happen now.