Succession

Detournement

On 02/09/2019 at 21:06, Have some faith in Magic said:

I was late to this, started watching it a couple of weeks ago and now totally up to date. Absolutely brilliant television, up there with the best. 

Love to hate all the characters and the one liners are as good as The thick of it. 

Roman at the management training was the highlight this week.

Despite the events at the TV station it was a bit lighter in tone this week than the Boar on the Floor horror show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished the first season and away to start the second, it’s absolutely fucking magnificent.

Logan Roy is one of the great b*****ds in television, and Brian Cox says “f**k off” better than almost anyone. Buzzing to start the second season.

On 12/11/2019 at 20:37, J_Stewart said:

Just finished the first season and away to start the second, it’s absolutely fucking magnificent.

Logan Roy is one of the great b*****ds in television, and Brian Cox says “f**k off” better than almost anyone. Buzzing to start the second season.

The second season is even better. It really hits it's stride and has 3 or 4 absolutely incredible moments.

• 7 months later...

Finally got the chance to watch the second season (rewatched the first as well), fucking hell, it’s just absolutely incredible television. Best thing I’ve watched in ages.

The writing and acting are top notch and the character development is outstanding, but it’s the fact the story is not only consistent, but everything logically ties together (like Gregory the Eggory saying he was “Team Kendal” in season one and then giving him the paperwork he’d stolen before the press conference) and little things, like when Gregg is telling Logan he might have to quit the company or lose his inheritance from his grandpa and his neck is bright red to show how nervous he was. Amazing attention to detail.

Phenomenal programme. Cannot wait until season three.

• 1 month later...

I've finally watched the first season of this. So far, so good. The finale is excellent. Greg is just brilliant. 

My favourite line so far has to be from Roman to Tom, after his bachelor party: "Congratulations, Tom. I hear you swallowed your own load." :lol: