FM 2020

ajwffc

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:
On 01/11/2019 at 14:24, Mr X said:
Is there any word on a release date on Stadia? Im sure I read it was due to be one of the launch titles but then the release date announcements for FM said Stadia TBC. 
Pretty sure that unless you've pre-ordered you wont get access until next year anyway

19th of November is the release date for Stadia with FM still one of the launch titles.

But you cant play it unless you've pre-ordered the founders edition, which you might not even get on the 19th. The only way to get it anytime soon is to pre-order the Premiere edition. Everyone else will be waiting until next year.

Interesting to see that its not being touted as a subscription service. There is a subscription and you'll get "some" free games with that (one announced so far) but its really a digital store where you buy games but stream them rather than download.

Looks like a lot of other announced features have been postponed for now too.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Anyone else feel wingbacks or full backs are overpowered currently?

Joe Chalmers and Richard Tait are both on 10 goals in my first season and it’s only turned October.

Will Chalmers not be playing central?

Motherwell are OP as f**k in my save (as are Hearts), so seeing Tait banging them in isnt a shock. 

Apparently all the downloadable logo packs/kit packs have been taken down. No real details but it stinks of EA/Konami moaning about their exclusivity deals with clubs. Juventus aren't in FM for the first time ever due to Konami, yet there's a fix that sorts their name and kits, so it's likely them throwing a wee hissy fit.

On 10/11/2019 at 16:27, RandomGuy. said:

Attributes cant go up without some coming down. From the looks of things hes almost identical to Zander Clark, think Clark has better kicking and communication, Hladky far better at one on ones and better positioning, in terms of key attributes. Hladky also gets points taken up by being far better at Passing.

It looks like, points wise, hes rated as better than Clark. In terms of starting keepers, I think only Forster, McGregor and Lewis start off better. Are you expecting him to be better than that?

Be worth checking his CA once the Editor comes out, but I'd be surprised if he wasnt fairly high up.

FWIW in my save he left you on a PCA, hes now at Blackburn in the Championship, and has conceded 34 goals in 30 games. I dont think he needs boosted 😂

Explained it better than I could. Increasing his kicking and reflexes by just one point took his CA up by four from 115 to 119, so increasing his mental stats slightly would probably have a similar effect. You could argue he should be better than 115 and I don't think too many people would complain if he did go to 120 (although I can think of one...) but as you mention there's already few Premiership goalies ahead.

If Hladky turns out to be the only major issue folk have with my data I'll take that. At least it's from folk who have seen him play, unlike last year when some Everton fan was insistent Kyle Magennis' technical ability was too low based on the Friday night game against Celtic that he probably only saw on TV.

Will Chalmers not be playing central?
Motherwell are OP as f**k in my save (as are Hearts), so seeing Tait banging them in isnt a shock.

Checked after you said that and Chalmers has been WBL or ML. Agree with Motherwell they are currently running away with third in mine, Hearts just where you’d expect. Rangers are running the title race too close for me even after selling Morelos to Juventus at the start.

17 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Checked after you said that and Chalmers has been WBL or ML. Agree with Motherwell they are currently running away with third in mine, Hearts just where you’d expect. Rangers are running the title race too close for me even after selling Morelos to Juventus at the start.

Aye Rangers were close to Celtic for the first half of my career, then Gerrard left, they replaced him with Murty, and they turned to shite. 

Reached the split in season two and they're 5th.

On 12/11/2019 at 20:43, Stu said:

Explained it better than I could. Increasing his kicking and reflexes by just one point took his CA up by four from 115 to 119, so increasing his mental stats slightly would probably have a similar effect. You could argue he should be better than 115 and I don't think too many people would complain if he did go to 120 (although I can think of one...) but as you mention there's already few Premiership goalies ahead.

If Hladky turns out to be the only major issue folk have with my data I'll take that. At least it's from folk who have seen him play, unlike last year when some Everton fan was insistent Kyle Magennis' technical ability was too low based on the Friday night game against Celtic that he probably only saw on TV.

Magennis and McAllister both turn into absolute monsters in this game.

I've started another St. Mirren game but in my previous one, was a quarter of the way into season 2 and both had already been capped for Scotland whilst still St. Mirren players.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Kieran Bowie is worth a punt for just about anyone in Scotland. Signed by Rangers at the end of my first season but managed to get them to loan him back to me til the end of 20/21. Turned down Crystal Palace and Hibs. 

Yer man Regan Hendry has turned into a very decent player in my save. Trying to sign him in the 2021 Summer window, but Aston Villa and Bordeaux also interested. 

Some weird foreign transfers happen though. Daniel Harvie ended up joking a French team (Lille rings a bell but I cant remember off the top of my head), while Alan Forrest is at Sampdoria. 

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

He's the 18th best striker in Scotland by CA.

Yeah his attributes dont look anything particularly special, he just seems to score for fun in my save.

I think Motherwells set up, certain ones of his attributes, and the ME allowing a lot of balls over defences (which is now fixed) just combined to make him incredible.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah his attributes dont look anything particularly special, he just seems to score for fun in my save.

I think Motherwells set up, certain ones of his attributes, and the ME allowing a lot of balls over defences (which is now fixed) just combined to make him incredible.

Same, 2nd top scorer in Scotland last season on my save

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Same, 2nd top scorer in Scotland last season on my save

What's his composure set too?  I cannot remember of the top of my head, and not sure how much I edited him before release.

7 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

What's his composure set too?  I cannot remember of the top of my head, and not sure how much I edited him before release.

Its 12-14 that shows up for me, would need to scout him properly. Finishing 13, off the ball 13.

Absolutely nothing special yet something just seems to click with him. Not trying to suggest anything untoward with his rating at all, just one of these players who are class in game.

Just had one of my favourite FM moments I think.

At St. Mirren in season 2 and after a brilliant first season, I've been keeping tabs on a young lad playing in Uruguay but his club wants £700k for him. I know that we are going to Brexit on 31st Dec 2020 and that any new players signing, won't get a WP unless they are offered £8k p/w (I'm currently able to offer up to £4.9k). This lad is well scouted at my side and clubs like Milan, Porto are looking at him but he's definitely interested in coming. Recommendation says that he'd gain a WP on appeal.

So I finally decide on 20th December that it's now or never, I'm sitting on £800k of a transfer kitty and have just about enough to try and offer him terms, I jig budgets about, manage to talk him down from 6k to 4.6k per week (with a shitload of addons) and offer then hope none of the other clubs come sniffing.

On 25th December, he accepts and a WP is refused on 26th. Appeal goes in to be decided on 31st....Brexit day. All signs point to him getting it on appeal but it's rejected again and he no longer wants to sign if he can't play. I think 'well, if I sell a few bodies in January I might get enough to offer him 8k a week and get him a permit' so convince him to sign without a WP - little do I realise that because everything in terms of the contact was agreed before Brexit and the old WP rules are now scrapped as of 1st Jan, it renders their rejection null and void and he's elligible to play as soon as the window opens AND bypasses the £8k minimum requirement!

He then goes on to bang in a perfect hattrick on his league debut :D All hail Matias Arezo. He better not turn out to be a diddy. :lol: 

image.thumb.png.e9fc5e6d6d0deff1c56ade09d1bbfc12.png

Edited by djchapsticks

Season 2 ended with a 6th placed finish. Celtic ended up fucking miles ahead of everyone, then Hearts, Rangers and Aberdeen in their wee group. I sort of stayed in touch with Motherwell but they absolutely fucking humped me after the split (Turnbull double and Long (fake shock)).

Spunking my Drey Wright money all over the shop. Lewis Strapp was signed for £30k in January to provide cover for Tanser as Booth was out my thoughts. Tanser then got injured for 7 months in February. 

Summer window was a busy one. Parish, Booth, and Liam Craig all left at their contracts end. Craig has returned as U18 manager. Murray Davidson joined Falkirk for £40k, and Ross Callachan joined QPR for £40k.

In came Scott Fox on a free as back up. Brian Easton returns for £30k, provides cover as a CB and covers LB while Tanser is injured. Nicky Devlin signed for £60k to, finally, give me a RB who isnt on loan from Celtic, got a quality young RB coming through who's about ready, but he'll be gone soon I fear, his agent is already playing up. Midfield saw Gary Dicker come in for nothing and a tiny wage. Finally gives me DM back up and can play centrally too. Scott Martin signed from Hamilton for £130k, in game hes incredibly all round and I love a CM who just bustles about, so his physicals make it worth it. Alan Forrest also joined for £100k from Sampdoria, he'd been dreadful on loan at United the previous season so his value dipped, worth a gamble to compete with Kennedy, Williams and O'Halloran. 

Squad looks alright for another top half push I think. Two players for every position which is the dream...

Spoiler

GK - Clark/Fox

RB - Devlin/Bollan (regen)

CB - Kerr/Alfie Jones/Gordon/Easton

LB - Tanser/Strapp

DM - Jamie Bowden/Gary Dicker

RM - George Williams/Michael O'Halloran 

CM - Jason Holt/Ali McCann/Scott Martin/David Wotherspoon 

LM - Matty Kennedy/Alan Forrest

ST - Lyndon Dykes/Stevie May/Callum Hendry

Edited by RandomGuy.