FM 2020

ajwffc

Picked this up on the free giveaway on Epic Games. 

First one I've played since 2018, which I only gave about 10 hours too. Does feel like the series has came on a good bit. 

Started a Raith career and spent the only funds I had on Anton Dowds. Anybody else I should be looking at for free/loan?

On 27/09/2020 at 15:29, senorsoupe said:

Do I dare to dream?  It's 2022-23 and PSG have won 15 straight Ligue 1 titles but I just beat them 3-0 at home, here is the table with 14 to play

image.png.d69eea9003c8901355d26ca11d3e6288.png

Sigh, Dreams are stupid, would not recommend.  The PSG win was my 12th straight, since then it's been a festival of mediocrity

image.png.b791c8dee4bfd5ceab404d57693c26c5.png

Fortunately PSG have also dropped points but my title hopes are fading fast

image.png.6d4ddb94d13bf2a4e3189acf17100934.png

Has anyone been asked to install the game before, even though you’ve been playing it regularly since launch ?

I’ve just left it as don’t want to lose any saves. (It’s bought via steam rather than disc)

On 30/09/2020 at 04:33, G-MAN said:

Has anyone been asked to install the game before, even though you’ve been playing it regularly since launch ?

I’ve just left it as don’t want to lose any saves. (It’s bought via steam rather than disc)

Never had that problem in Steam,  very odd

On 30/09/2020 at 09:33, G-MAN said:

Your saves will be fine. I've had that message a few times, usually after I switch my PC off at the wall through laziness when FM's still on.

You can also check documents > sports interactive > fm20 > games to see if your saves are still there.

Edited by C. Muir

Got this for free recently like many others I see, not played it in a few years. I started a game with Brentford, sitting 6th in the table about 5 points off a automatic promotion place with 13 games to play, playing decent enough although away form not the best and the chairman pulls me in and says I have a few games to save my job....eh whit?! My task is to at least make the playoffs!! Anyway, it so happens I have top of the table away from home and 4th at home, get beat 2-0 away and draw 1-1 at home, SACKED! Haha harsh as f**k! 

It's great to be back 😑

Do Watford have some weird agreement with Udinese that they just give players away to them for nothing?

I know they are owned by the same person but I sold a striker to Watford for £41 million in the summer of 2033 then in pre-season of 2034 I got a message saying he was transfer listed for £45 million, all of a sudden he turns up at Udinese on a free transfer. It just seems a bit mental that that could happen. Fair enough if they got him on the cheap but for nothing is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Do Watford have some weird agreement with Udinese that they just give players away to them for nothing?

I know they are owned by the same person but I sold a striker to Watford for £41 million in the summer of 2033 then in pre-season of 2034 I got a message saying he was transfer listed for £45 million, all of a sudden he turns up at Udinese on a free transfer. It just seems a bit mental that that could happen. Fair enough if they got him on the cheap but for nothing is ridiculous.

Watford is set as an affiliated to side to Udinese in the game with the option Players are able to move freely between the clubs. In real life it is meant for lesser players but the game is allowing bigger names to move on frees 

If you went Udinese or Watford in the game, would you be able to sign players for free from each club or would you still need to negotiate as normal?
I think it only works with Udinese but the other side must accept a £0 bid and you then negotiate the contract

On 24/10/2020 at 20:22, Aufc said:

IMG_3958.jpg0C883C26-C2F4-4189-B71D-541511564792.jpg

Think i have got my best ever regen in my wolves save. He is incredible

Funny, came on to post mine but he now looks shite in comparison 😂

Signed on a free from Middlesbrough 3 years before this, while they were in the Championship.

Untitled.thumb.png.9b5fc6a13af92bea12577f966bdd7589.png

I have a total first world problem when it comes to FM. This is the tactic I play and I won Serie A last year but I have a real problem getting my strikers to score on a regular basis. When I won the league last year my top scorer finished on 12 and now they are sitting on 6. I’ve no idea how to change it to make it more prolific.

It’s not a problem that they are getting loads of chances but missing them, they just don’t seem to get given the ball very much.

79556B89-6066-49C9-AB2E-C01E2664B8B4.jpeg