FM 2020

ajwffc

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Game is so much slower this year. Running the exact same amount of leagues and same level of DB as 2019 it only runs at 0.5 compared to 3.0 stars.

I think the minimum requirements have jumped up this year tbf, partly the reason they're pushing stadia so much, as I think they're worried theyll lose people who wont upgrade their laptops to play it.

I only managed a couple of pre-season games and the first Betfred last night but my early impressions are pretty much the same as every year. Theres some minor improvements but, basically, its the same.

I like some of the interface tweaks and the 3d engine definitely looks better, although not as drastically as I was expecting given what I'd read. Glad to see they've added shoelaces to the manager shoes and buttons to the suit ... FINALLY, SEGA, FINALLY!

I think the minimum requirements have jumped up this year tbf, partly the reason they're pushing stadia so much, as I think they're worried theyll lose people who wont upgrade their laptops to play it.

It’s ridiculous even running just the Scottish leagues on a small DB is 3.5. No chance I’m paying all that money for stadia they’ve lost a my business for next year unfortunately.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It’s ridiculous even running just the Scottish leagues on a small DB is 3.5. No chance I’m paying all that money for stadia they’ve lost a my business for next year unfortunately.

It's an issue that's been brought up and investigated. 

FWIW you had the chance to play the demo, as I'm fairly sure it was made clear older computers would struggle more this year, it could well be sorted by the full release aswell.

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Another FM in which Oli Shaw is listed at 5'7"... boy is at least 6'2"

This has also been reported so hopefully be picked up.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Interesting tactic to deflect from the usual criticism. Or is it a sales ploy to push Stadia?

12 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Definitely a con to push stadia imo

Is there any word on a release date on Stadia? Im sure I read it was due to be one of the launch titles but then the release date announcements for FM said Stadia TBC. 

Pretty sure that unless you've pre-ordered you wont get access until next year anyway

44 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is there any word on a release date on Stadia? Im sure I read it was due to be one of the launch titles but then the release date announcements for FM said Stadia TBC. 

Pretty sure that unless you've pre-ordered you wont get access until next year anyway

not that I have seen. They might be waiting to see how Stadia is received by the public  as most of the articles online about it seem very negative about it's chances 

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

not that I have seen. They might be waiting to see how Stadia is received by the public  as most of the articles online about it seem very negative about it's chances 

Which seems odd. Its not like this is some unknown startup, Google will have thrown a lot of resource behind this and have already tested it. Sony already offer a similar service too. Not sure why everyone thinks its going to fail.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

@SGMilne is the boy to be moaning at.

I've sorted it.

For what it's worth I reckon the problem stems from his height being entered as 170cm and it not flagging up to me that that's 5'7 if I'm honest.

But I have sorted it.

I'd also like to make my usual point of order that you are all currently playing a beta, so expect changes before the game is released proper. Maybe wait until then to start full career games.

Edited by SGMilne