FM 2020

ajwffc

Started a new save with Hibs. Forgot how ridiculously overpowered Stevie Mallan is, he’ll end up sold for more than £5m in a couple of seasons. Adam Hlozek is the best value for money signing you’ll find at the start of the game I reckon. 65k and only 17 years old, again will go for millions in a season or two. His wages are a bit high but affordable for this level.

image.thumb.png.88c9741788977caec5ab8febd5098001.png

Ayr demolished.

Defeat at Ibrox all but confirmed 3rd spot for me so lost a bit of interest in the rest of the split fixtures. St Mirren game was an utter embarrasment though; f**k knows what performance enhancing drugs theyve been on as they scudded Rangers 3-0 the week before. Enjoyed the Livi game as it featured the return of Brophy and the goodbye of Andy Considine who played his final game at Pittodrie after an unbelivable service to the club. Decided to let him go in the summer so he can maybe get a season of regular football somewhere before retiring.

image.png.1c248be2db1fdc7eeb4a203dbd010ad0.png

Dundee play St Johnstone in the play off.

As for me - points tally was worse than last season but better than first season. Suffered my most defeats in a league campaign this season though, one more than first season. Only 58 goals for this season which is slightly better than the 55 in first season and a lot worse than our return of 81 last season. Brophys lengthy lay-off didn't help matters there. Rangers are edging a bit closer to Celtic each season points wise which is frustrating as I've finished 9 points behind them the last 2 seasons. Our best campaign defensively this year, just. 1 less goal conceded than first season.

One massive game to go though, a new firm Scottish cup final against Dundee Utd. Winning this for Considine in the year he departs would be fairytale stuff.

Scottish Cup Final - Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Jordan Archer
Lewis Strapp, Nathan Cooney, MacKenzie, Lemon, Jamie Robson
Logan Chalmers, Chris Mochrie, Regan Hendry, Luca Connell
Lawrence Shankland, Louis Appere
Subs - Jonathan Mitchell, Dillon Powers, Paul McMullan, Darren Watson, Declan Glass, Steven Booth, Flynn Duffy.

Aberdeen

Joe Lewis
Calvin Ramsay, Craig Halkett, Jason Kerr, Daniel Harvie
Mason Bennett, Oliver Skipp, Dylan McGeouch, Matty Kennedy
Eamonn Brophy, Ivan Toney
Subs - Tom Ritchie, Andy Considine, Craig Bryson, Jordan Rhodes, Michael Devlin, Ronald Hernandez, Josh Windass.

Lewis Ferguson misses out through suspension after picking up his 3,529th yellow card of his Aberdeen career.

image.png.2c66644710c2f781ab3c15d02609382a.png   image.png.0fc5348565ae93b5c45a440d95441560.png

image.png.e4829797190426543fc47acb6680a08e.png   image.png.689ac2487c56390328ccf130df57d8e3.png

image.png.5c267f173a60fed0c58cbbc8d7fcba65.png

My 2 cup wins now both settled by a single Eamonn Brophy goal. Absolutely shit fested it with the substitutions, delighted for Considine getting on the park even if it was only a moment or 2. That one's for you son.

Probably my most enjoyable season to date with the participation in the group stage of the Europa League followed by silverware at the end of the season. Again I was lucky to avoid the Old Firm in this cup run. Some would argue I've taken the club as far as I realistically can now but I at least want to be right in a title challenge till near the end of the season before possibly considering a new challenge. Winning the league would obviously be spectacular but would take some doing.

Some fresh squad changes over the summer I think. Considine we know is already leaving. Craig Bryson out of contract and will likely follow. Miko Virtanen has agreed a pre-contract with Middlesbrough. Still got plenty of the McKenna money so going to attempt to improve a couple of positions this summer and shift some back up players. Not even arsed about decent offers for the fringe players as I don't desperately need cash.

Elsewhere, European football is coming to Paisley as St Mirren qualify for the Conference League,

Edited by C. Muir

Liverpool in this save :lol: Just won their 3rd Premier League on the trot, and had 3 Champions Leagues on the trot (including the one they won IRL) up until this season, exiting the semi-final stage to Man City

The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 4.

Into 2020 and some promising developments to report.

basque10.PNG.29ba931c8fe5998b14c72489c5668ca8.PNG

basque8.PNG.d389e1746e4b2d7e298a8785d169b17c.PNG

Potential golden generation sounds promising, If the keeper is decent that will be that position sorted between him and Unai Simon for the next 15 years. I need one of the forwards/strikers to be good. No full backs is a blow though. I'm ok at CB, CM, and wide forwards for now.

basque9.PNG.1bd96248b9ceb44614a3b984ff931ccf.PNG

Brexit not having any effect on the transfer market is o balance good news for me. 

basque12.PNG.26b57c9fc61f4690b052ebe132cc657f.PNG

Just the one in, raiding Osasuna's feeder team again. 18 year old CB and is roughly the same level as my best 18 year old centre back, potential 4 star. Straight out on loan and will be a part of the first team squad next term. A few loans out, but no permanent departures, Mourinho watched Iniki Williams about 4 or 5 times but no bid was forthcoming thankfully.

Biggest deal of the window was Kristoffer Ajer moving to Barca for 30 mil.

Season 2022/23

I just updated the transfers and squad in a word document as they were happening and will copy and paste for quickness. If anyone really requires a screenshot of anything transfer wise I will provide it 😂

Players Out
Craig Bryson (released), Andy Considine (released), Louis Moult (released), Jon Gallagher (released), Stephen Kingsley (released), Miko Virtanen (Middlesbrough - free), Lewis Neilson (St Johnstone - loan), Sam McAllister (QOS - loan), Michael Dangana (Dundee- £43.5k (£115k)), Ronald Hernandez (Deportivo Tachira - £150k), Mikey Devlin (Dundee Utd - £500k)

Players In
Jordan Jones (free agent), Regan Hendry (Dundee Utd - £500k), Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock - £1.4m), Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock - £2.2m), Liam Donnelly (Motherwell - £275k), David Turnbull (Man Utd - loan (£140k p/m loan fee)), Kai Kennedy (Rangers - £39.5k)

First-team squad for the season

Goalkeepers
1. Joe Lewis, 13. Kieran O'Hara, 25. Tom Ritchie

Defenders
2. Stephen O'Donnell, 3. Daniel Harvie, 4. Stuart Findlay, 5. Jason Kerr, 12. Demetri Mitchell, 23. Sam Hughes, 24. Calvin Ramsay, 26. Craig Halkett

Midfielders
6. Lewis Ferguson, 7. David Turnbull, 8. Dylan McGeouch, 11. Matty Kennedy, 14. Rolando Aarons, 16. Regan Hendry, 18. Kai Kennedy, 19. Jordan Jones, 20. Mason Bennett, 22. Liam Donnelly, 27. Josh Windass, 28. Lewis Smith, 30. Connor Barron

Strikers
9. Eamonn Brophy, 10. Ivan Toney, 17. Jordan Rhodes, 36. Kevin Hanratty

Players can obviously play multi positions like I've mentioned before. Young Barron done his cruciate and is out for 10 months - gutting for him.

Edited by C. Muir

July/August

image.thumb.png.b268d7eb13b20cf442349bc5d7b070c3.png

Lovely opening game. Good work completely undone the following week at newly promoted Hamilton.

A good August apart from the game at Tynecastle. Harvie got sent off in the first half and we shat the bed in the second.

Into the Europa League groups again, slightly easier than last years draw :lol:

image.png.8374515a4a858cf0f4183a0a2b4b2081.png

September/October

Domestic

image.thumb.png.1c968d5a24d7a5d233933a3727fc171f.png

Delighted. The draw with St Mirren being the only down side. I just knew we weren't winning that after the victory at Celtic Park the previous week. The league now takes a break until boxing day due to the 2022 World Cup. Something I actually forgot about which made me confused as f**k when looking at the fixture list :lol: Betfred cup semis and final are in January. Only a matter of time before I drew them again in a cup - Celtic in the semi final.

image.png.ffa068043bef02d03d4ef090ccddaaf7.png

Could we have a title race on the cards? It's a quite hectic fixture list in January and February which Celtic are a lot more used to than me but hopefully we can maintain the challenge. Confident of at least 2nd place this season *touch wood*

Europe

image.thumb.png.757faa0f1e798f9ce9954e185dc5f8ef.png

Chelseas attacking options include Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Pulisic, Correa, Everton, Haaland, Lukaku and Icardi so glad they scored about 10 times less goals into me than I expected them to. Would the 3 wins and 3 defeats be enough?

image.png.e871ba0c626f0c14d5de61306fe02a66.png

Into the first knockout round. Excellent stuff. The last game was even a dead rubber as I had qualified in 2nd place on matchday 5.  Since the Conference League came in the new Europa League format is group runners up along with 3rd placed Champions League teams going into first knockout round and group winners and 8 winners from first knockout round going into second knockout round (there are still 16 teams in each knockout round), so if I win my last 16 tie, I go into the last 16... :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

47 minutes ago, rovers271194 said:

Did Scotland qualify?

No. 3rd in qualifying behind Italy and Russia and no Nations League play-off fall back as Turkey won our group there. Had won in Russia earlier in the group then lost against them at Hampden in a double header alongside a 1-1 draw in Israel which ultimately fucked it and put Russia ahead of us. Typical Scotland as they say!

Did qualify for Euro 2020 but eliminated in group stage.

The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 5.

basque16.PNG.cced4b835c1b04795ecf45c7ebf91e3c.PNG

January and February a busy couple of months as the Copa kicks off. We continue to exceed expectations, Sevilla pumped 3 times in the space of 5 weeks. The first leg of the cup semi was a kick in the balls though, 2 up and Real get a 96th minute equaliser. still in with a shout, but a tough ask to go to Madrid after conceding 2 away goals.

Incredibly, we're 4 points clear at the top. We may be in with a shout of something special in my first season.

basque13.thumb.PNG.b71262c4efae75cc98ec574bb80a74d9.PNG

The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 6.

So, we travel to the Bernabeu for the 2nd leg of the Copa semi.

'We've got a wee chance here boys. Keep it tight in the first 10 minutes lads'

basque14.PNG.3578af99fd1893fa9a41d534bace59e8.PNG

'So proud of you lads, 1-1 at the break after going a man down early doors. we're 1 goal away from an historic result. Let's just keep the heads eh'

basque15.PNG.70073c9cf1559804f11ee1d5e39dccb5.PNG

basque19.PNG.d0a2b5043ee77041437527871196cb88.PNG

basque18.PNG.7f6bfe07b3422c762285001805d0396d.PNG

basque17.thumb.PNG.4099b8430397dd656c909d6f889c9fb2.PNG

The month from hell. We've actually just shat the bed. 8 games left and a massive fight now for top 6. Barca and Levante the only top 7 sides we face in the home stretch.

Europa League 1st knockout round draw

image.png.53ca7cc878692a0092c4f40b21799c12.png

This and the 2nd knockout round appear to be 1 leg only, settled by extra time and penalties if needed. Going to be a huge ask regardless but at least I'm at home. Only one bit of transfer business in January too, Sam Hughes out on loan to St Mirren.

December/January 2022

Betfred cup results not included for a reason....

image.thumb.png.e81833c0ae15f6496131ddccb556748b.png

Absolutely delighted with this. We are now unbeaten since August. All my new signings have made a good impact but Liam Donnelly is my unsung hero. Finally a player on my books who can play defensive midfield and although it's sacraficed my front 2 to a lone striker, I'm a lot more defensively sound this season (so far) with that tweak.

image.png.5aa441d6a3b5728c151e9be4677c030d.png

Is it possible to start dreaming?