FM 2020

ajwffc

I've just remembered that when I bought fm20 I had wrongly bought fm20 touch first from cdkeys. They wouldn't refund me so I'm stuck with it. I've never downloaded it or used it so would someone still be able to use this instead of me? If so does anybody want to take it to see if it works?

21 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I take it the game needs to be windowed to use snipping tool? I play on fullscreen and if I tried to open snipping tool the game would minimise

Just use the shortcut Shift+Windowskey+S and you're good ;)

Proper update later but I'm struggling this season, about to get a vital 2-1 win at Raith Rovers and Shaun Rooney goes and does this in the 94th min.         

File too big to upload directly so will need to link my twitter upload.   

Definitely hit a rough spell in Hibsverse.  Mid december I had a chance of going top of the league but 4 losses in 5 games has seen my tired and battered squad go into the winter break well behind Celtic (but still second)

image.thumb.png.f21548ff6e1dc2f313585a3658cd6a84.png

image.png.bc05514222240d6d9a736394cb188bd1.png

Have decided not to schedule any friendlies during the 3 weeks off to allow my squad to rest and heal.  Will see what sort of business I can do

Lost all 4 of my Betfred Cup games with Stenny, and just lost on penalties to Dundee Reserves in the Caramel Wafer cup. Despite that, I have picked up 4 points from my first 2 games in League One.

Happy with my business too. Mitch Megginson, Dale Hilson and Franck Nouble in among my free signings. STILL tinkering with my tactics. I just wish I could find one that I would settle on. 😂

Haven't changed formation, I'm just tinkering with team instructions a lot trying to find the perfect balance.

Season 2023/24

Players moving on

175637847_outsummer2023.png.dd9b7022f9da8611a8e245223855e214.png

Players brought in. I was originally content with business until a bad start to the league encouraged me to bring in a few more towards the end of the window. Not helped much though :lol:

1981986985_insummer2023.png.f358be02478af0763b3656236b4be658.png

Thought I was going to be in for a decent season after managing to top my Betfred cup group ahead of Killie but how wrong was I. Took a fair few scuddings this year, a couple of them at home no less.

797718566_results23-24part1.thumb.png.879986f99b231966ba06c6cf6a944fa8.png

League table wise I'm not actually worse off than my finishes in the previous 2 campaigns in this league (yet). Currently 7th but looking like a mini league with me the teams below me for survival.

125124785_tabljan2024.png.b5f1407d6fd67b37594fe39a6f2b98df.png

Plans for January and indeed next season have been dealt a huge blow though, and substequently I can see this save heading South as a result.

fgt.thumb.png.91ec912422ad67b0f908a48c51e42d99.png

I've went from £2.5k p/w in the green to £3.1k in the red. My only possible saving grace is having a couple of high earners that aren't regular starters contracts expiring at the end of the season so their wage will be off the bill. Still can't see me being able to do much on the recruitment front though.

Followed my unbeaten start up with 6 straight defeats. Yet another tactical change has put rest to that. Drawing a lot of games, but winning too. Yo-yoing between 5th and 7th. Not sure if I'll make playoffs but I'm happy with midtable mediocrity. 

Got pumped off Rangers 5-0 at Ochilview, but a nice wee boost for the bank balance.

Trying to offload Frank Nouble and Mitch Megginson in January. Both on £400 a week. Knew it was a risk with Nouble but expected much more from Megginson. He hasn't scored all season is now pissy because he's not getting much game time.

Question? Could you win the Scottish League with a fresh start and £100,000,000 to spend?

Answer? Probably

So I wanted a break from the Six Continents game. I deleted St. Mirren, the b*****ds, and created Pie and Bovril FC. Gave them a handful of players to begin with, no coaching staff, £100,000,000 to spend (and a good reputation so I can actually attract players). The plan? To win the league. That's it. One season wonder then it's back to Gremio
image.png.f20d26b0a0edc46d5141a62059eda3b2.pngimage.thumb.png.6f49f6c3faf1617ed4878953dbbd1377.png

Not done this for years but decided to download kits. logo (I know a lot of teams already have these but Premier League don't) and stadium packs and try out a new skin that you can adjust the background on too. Loving the adidas like background with the club colours and badge 😍

image.thumb.png.c8174dfb6f8b4799824e7424e53cfd6e.png

image.thumb.png.cfd870eceaac47ebd4eb3dd252018574.png

Not loving my form. will do a proper update in due course.

Edited by C. Muir

Just realised the specific leagues/tournaments have their badge background too. Unfortunately Tunnocks Caramel Wafer cup still has the Irn Bru logo though :lol:

image.thumb.png.9a67e19accfe8206c674553b367aac2e.png

Edited by C. Muir

On 22/04/2020 at 16:47, C. Muir said:

Season 2023/24

Players moving on

Spoiler

175637847_outsummer2023.png.dd9b7022f9da8611a8e245223855e214.png

Players brought in. I was originally content with business until a bad start to the league encouraged me to bring in a few more towards the end of the window. Not helped much though :lol:

Spoiler

1981986985_insummer2023.png.f358be02478af0763b3656236b4be658.png

Thought I was going to be in for a decent season after managing to top my Betfred cup group ahead of Killie but how wrong was I. Took a fair few scuddings this year, a couple of them at home no less.

Spoiler

797718566_results23-24part1.thumb.png.879986f99b231966ba06c6cf6a944fa8.png

League table wise I'm not actually worse off than my finishes in the previous 2 campaigns in this league (yet). Currently 7th but looking like a mini league with me the teams below me for survival.

Spoiler

125124785_tabljan2024.png.b5f1407d6fd67b37594fe39a6f2b98df.png

Plans for January and indeed next season have been dealt a huge blow though, and substequently I can see this save heading South as a result.

fgt.thumb.png.91ec912422ad67b0f908a48c51e42d99.png

I've went from £2.5k p/w in the green to £3.1k in the red. My only possible saving grace is having a couple of high earners that aren't regular starters contracts expiring at the end of the season so their wage will be off the bill. Still can't see me being able to do much on the recruitment front though.

Season complete. Second half of it was even more of a horror show, 1 fucking win in the league :lol: Quite unbelievable that there still was a worse side than me. Squeezed through the play offs to ensure another crack at the championship next season.

441543122_2023-24results.thumb.png.eda6a97e4be2e69211fbe6239e1e5df8.png

1113819837_2023-24finaltable.png.230d240e312174fbfad0f27f20f15497.png

Dundee come down and Dunfermline come up. St Mirren also up through play offs and Partick Thistle down.

Think I will see where I'm at in terms of players out of contract (who I decide to offer a new deal and who I decide to release) and see what leaves the budget at for next season then stick this save in the back burner for a bit. That was one stressful campaign :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

I love football manager for its strange management appointments, this could be the best one for me. After spending 6 seasons as hearts gaffer and winning a league cup in his fourth season in charge Stendel took the vacant Rangers job. Gerrard left in the second season winning a league cup, replaced by Murty for 314 days. Eusebio Di Francesco took the reigns for 5 seasons before being replaced by Stendel. 5 seasons in charge and two cup wins (one Scottish and one league cup). I cannot believe his next step to become the manager of...CHELSEA!!!

CCD72FFF-ABEF-4DF0-9BFC-E033921FFA45.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I love football manager for its strange management appointments, this could be the best one for me. After spending 6 seasons as hearts gaffer and winning a league cup in his fourth season in charge Stendel took the vacant Rangers job. Gerrard left in the second season winning a league cup, replaced by Murty for 314 days. Eusebio Di Francesco took the reigns for 5 seasons before being replaced by Stendel. 5 seasons in charge and two cup wins (one Scottish and one league cup). I cannot believe his next step to become the manager of...CHELSEA!!!

CCD72FFF-ABEF-4DF0-9BFC-E033921FFA45.jpeg

I had a save were David Moyes became Barcelona manager. He's possibly the least Barcelona-like managerial appointment possible!

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My weirdest ever was Steve Aitken ending up in Italy, sure it was either Roma or Napoli he ended up at.

During one of my saves on either FM17 or FM18, Barry Robson was appointed Kilmarnock manager and very nearly had a Leicester-esque season but was pipped by Celtic on the final day. He signed some French regen who scored 30+ goals and ended up in the EPL the next season.

Robson also ended up in the EPL, he was appointed manager of Everton or something. 

Oh, and Chelsea finished 16th one season in that save as well. It was a good save for weird things happening!

I might actually see if I've still got that save.

Stendel just steered Chelsea to a second placed finish their highest finish since 2025/26. Hamilton have just finished second in the premiership and with it a champions league spot. They beat Rangers on match day 27 and then beat Hibs 5-0 at Easter road to secure second. 

Top 6 also had Falkirk  in it, Cowdenbeath lost the play off final to Killie 8-2. Partick thistle back in the premier league as champions by a point from Dunfermline. Dundee only managed 4th. East Kilbride are the only team that have entered the leagues, cove got to the championship but have now slipped back to mid table in league 2.

Not sure if anyone cares or not haha, just I sometimes find it quite cool to see who ends up where after 10/15 seasons. 

Just signed this lad on a free in 2023 with Stenny. Hoping he can be the catalyst for promotion. 

Made his debut at Queen's Park. We were 3-1 up just before the break and he missed a penalty to make it 4. Brought him off after an hour for Botti Biabi who picked up his 3rd straight red of the season within 5 minutes. Remained 3-1 up until 90+3 when we gifted Queen's a goal back, then they went straight up and scored a 30 yarder to scrape a point. *****.

On the whole, a good season though. Into January and me and Dunfermline have pulled away from the pack to form a real title race. Got to the QF of the Tunnocks Cup losing to Chester. Just got pumped 6-0 away at Killie in the Scottish. The least 6-0 game you'll ever see. Dominated possession, same amount of chances, just couldn't stay tight at the back. Or score.

Gio Dos Santos.png

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

Stendel just steered Chelsea to a second placed finish their highest finish since 2025/26. Hamilton have just finished second in the premiership and with it a champions league spot. They beat Rangers on match day 27 and then beat Hibs 5-0 at Easter road to secure second. 

Top 6 also had Falkirk  in it, Cowdenbeath lost the play off final to Killie 8-2. Partick thistle back in the premier league as champions by a point from Dunfermline. Dundee only managed 4th. East Kilbride are the only team that have entered the leagues, cove got to the championship but have now slipped back to mid table in league 2.

Not sure if anyone cares or not haha, just I sometimes find it quite cool to see who ends up where after 10/15 seasons. 

I love it. One of the many quirks of FM. My favourites were both FM16, Cristiano Ronaldo in charge of Swansea and Paul Hartley manager of the Swiss national team.

I absolutely love seeing screenshots of league tables in the future too. Albion Rovers in the Prem and Motherwell in League One. That sort of stuff.