FM 2020

ajwffc

2 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

1-1 draw at Stranraer was followed by a 4-1 skelping of them at Ochilview, to make it 24 matches unbeaten.

Peterhead awaited in the final. Thought we'd ****ed it by losing 3-0 at Balmoor, but royally pumped them 5-0 at Ochilview. League One awaits.

Mon the Stenny!

That's some turnaround. How many times did you replay that 2nd leg? :P

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

That's some turnaround. How many times did you replay that 2nd leg? :P

Daughters life, it was only once. 😂

Should've been out of sight in the first leg. We absolutely battered them at Balmoor. Conceded early on against the run and then conceded in 92 and 94. Justice was served in the 2nd leg.

Don't know if this is happening IRL or not but in season 2022/23 in my save the Scottish cup has scrapped replays with ties drawn now going to ET and pens. Was happy enough to take Cove to a replay back at Broadwood but now have extra time with all my players fucked :lol:

23 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Now at the end of August in the new season. A fair turnover of players this summer but delighted with some of the names through the door, particularly Vaughan and Hendry who both wanted under £400 p/w, which I thought were steals. Stansfield is a young striker who was attracting interest from the Premier League but available on loan, chanced my arm and got him. Was at Hearts on loan last season so surprised at both him dropping a level and his club allowing him to drop a level from what he was at last season. I already have more than enough options in the forward areas but he will come straight in to the team likely.

Reveal hidden contents

1556442385_insseason4.png.fdad2dde7f931e6fa55b0b07027618c3.png

Departures

Reveal hidden contents

202604606_outseason4.png.425ea2164191f7c1b885e2511afc077b.png

582971192_outseason4.1.png.443a9333b73372095c9bec7778a225b4.png

Squad now looks like this. 3 players missing are my 3 goalies (David Mitchell, Jamie Sneddon, PJ Morrison). Yes it is pretty big :lol: but happy with it. Will no doubt be trimmed in January once I have a better idea of who won't be involved as much. No way I can keep a squad that size all happy.

Reveal hidden contents

2070481071_squadseason4.thumb.png.bf917e2ecf0f2b497e9fae717a386c66.png

Okay start to the campaign so far

Reveal hidden contents

6325949_aug2022.thumb.png.71d9b4e5a3f4b683796205fa77ad74cd.png

Just can't get a winning run together which is frustrating.

1176704185_sep-jan2022.thumb.png.43b691882a5e83cf9821c634ef59bf14.png

Stansfield has been a super addition. 16 goals in 18 apps. Has agreed a transfer to Motherwell when his Fulham contract expires in the summer which I'm quite surprised about considering the amount of interest in him from bigger sides before I got him on loan; so will be keeping a keen eye on his progress.

From my squad in one of the spoilers above, as I predicted it would, a few players voiced concerns over lack of football so trimmed the squad a bit in January. Ewan Murray and Danny Hylton were released as they were persisting me to f**k and would've been leaving at the end of the season when their contracts expired anyway. Lewis Mansell only lasted 6 months as a Clyde player and was sold to Cheltenham for 3k. Only managed to make 1 appearance for me so getting a fee no matter how small seemed good business for a player who was only on a 1 year deal and I got for nothing. 

Annoyingly, despite survival in the first season back in the division, the board opted to revert back to part time status in pre season there which I forgot to mention on my last update. Have a couple of players out of contract in the summer who I would love to keep but have no interest in negotiating terms as it would mean giving up their current full time wage for a part time one. Just need to hope they don't get snapped up elsewhere and are willing to renegotitate closer to their contracts expiring.

League table at the moment. A tight league with me being within play off reach at both ends of the table! Pray for @RandomGuy.

763799492_tablejan2023.png.819b74b08138df04f2f8be511dd41b34.png

Edited by C. Muir

10 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

League table at the moment. A tight league with me being within play off reach at both ends of the table! Pray for @RandomGuy.

763799492_tablejan2023.png.819b74b08138df04f2f8be511dd41b34.png

OYF

If Saints get relegated, fancy uploading that save so I can start a career in it 😂 

Managing a club already in the top flight is never as fun.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

OYF

If Saints get relegated, fancy uploading that save so I can start a career in it 😂 

Managing a club already in the top flight is never as fun.

Can you do that? :lol:

26 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Can you do that? :lol:

Yeah every save file has a "document/file" saved onto your computer.

Can find it through "Documents - Sports Interactive - FM20 - games".

You can get an app type thing that allows you to make that file transferable, just becomes a custom database for other people.

I've done it once before on here I think, but sure it took ages and you have to download something to do it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much :lol: FM09 arrives in a few days and that'll take over my life.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah every save file has a "document/file" saved onto your computer.

Can find it through "Documents - Sports Interactive - FM20 - games".

You can get an app type thing that allows you to make that file transferable, just becomes a custom database for other people.

I've done it once before on here I think, but sure it took ages and you have to download something to do it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much :lol: FM09 arrives in a few days and that'll take over my life.

I've took a little break from my Man City 09 save just now as I'm getting right into this one again. Will no doubt be itching to play 09 again once you start your story on it :lol:

Saints have closed the gap a little anyway after just beating Dunfermline, they host me in a couple of weeks which will definitely be a win for them so the great escape is on!

Finished off in 6th place, one better than last season. A bit disappointed with that but plenty of draws had me offering no real threat to the promotion play offs. Going to be tough to keep progressing being part time but did manage to finally get Mitchell, Rooney, Grant and Burt all to sign new, part time contracts on reduced terms. Big bonus. Aiming for not as much incoming players this time round, had quite a large turnover of players last summer so will try and keep a bit of continuity

1662491037_results2023.thumb.png.458f45c51d4feef9946695577819b23a.png

51853601_finaltable2023.png.859544c9293c3cbabf52d58e65c07112.png.

St Johnstone win the play offs comfortably to stay up. Dunfermline now have 2 consecutive relegations. Partick Thistle stayed up in the Premiership on the last day on goal difference and went on to win the play offs against Morton to secure top flight status. St Mirren down.

19 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Was thinking about restarting my Scotland save and doing it as a story but never done it before. Do you have pie and Bovril open on your laptop for doing screenshots?

I just hit "print screen" and then paste any screen grabs onto MSPaint which I keep open. (Usually a VERY large picture because I tend to grab a number during a game). When it comes time to post them on here I just cut from MSPaint and copy onto the PnB post. However you can also get keyboard shortcuts to save screen grabs in Steam which would be a LOT easier but I've never bothered setting up because I am an old man and stuck in his ways.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I just hit "print screen" and then paste any screen grabs onto MSPaint which I keep open. (Usually a VERY large picture because I tend to grab a number during a game). When it comes time to post them on here I just cut from MSPaint and copy onto the PnB post. However you can also get keyboard shortcuts to save screen grabs in Steam which would be a LOT easier but I've never bothered setting up because I am an old man and stuck in his ways.

I do this too.

FM, Paint and P&B all open.

Screenshot in game. Paste into paint from screenshot folder and then save onto computer.

Used to use photobucket/tinypic but both randomly deleted photos/put huge watermarks over them.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I take it the game needs to be windowed to use snipping tool? I play on fullscreen and if I tried to open snipping tool the game would minimise

Nah I play on full screen and snipping tool seems to work fine without minimising - not sure if I have it on some weird setting to allow that or not.