FM 2020

ajwffc

Decided to take a break from the Clyde save for now and start one with Bolton. Start on -12 points at the foot of league 1 of course. No transfer budget and 3.8k p/w wage budget but luckily the squad looks alright. Only problem is about 90% of them are only on 1 year deals and, ranging from just about acceptable to ridiculous, want a wage rise when I offer new terms. They must've signed a shitload of players in January IRL as I'm sure their first team squad was both pish and bare up till then. Only positions I think I really need to add to looking at my squad are in goal and up front. Plenty of youngsters with big potential ability too but again most only on 1 year deals and same story with the wage rise when offered new deal :lol: At least it should be fun building a team from basically scratch next season.

First team squad as it is.

802602872_squadatstart.thumb.png.8b597b0746f15ba44b045673cbac1076.png

Edited by C. Muir

On 04/04/2020 at 12:40, C. Muir said:

Decided to take a break from the Clyde save for now and start one with Bolton. Start on -12 points at the foot of league 1 of course. No transfer budget and 3.8k p/w wage budget but luckily the squad looks alright. Only problem is about 90% of them are only on 1 year deals and, ranging from just about acceptable to ridiculous, want a wage rise when I offer new terms. They must've signed a shitload of players in January IRL as I'm sure their first team squad was both pish and bare up till then. Only positions I think I really need to add to looking at my squad are in goal and up front. Plenty of youngsters with big potential ability too but again most only on 1 year deals and same story with the wage rise when offered new deal :lol: At least it should be fun building a team from basically scratch next season.

I actually did this challenge.  Despite keeping Bolton in League One fairly comfortably (I think I ended up 15th) my wage budget was slashed multiple times.  After being told to trim the budget by another 25% at the end of the season (having had to trim it by 25% in January) I was offered the Sheffield United job lol

Meanwhile in my Hibsverse things had been looking up, I thought that I may be able to keep pace with the leaders and maybe stay in a title hunt.  Just needed to get something from my trip to Parkhead before the November International break, I mean how hard can it be....

image.png.414036625d2bb62aa12bb477fca1b69e.png

Table now looks like this 

image.png.b093b159ad559908a69659255ae75b42.png

Despite the setback I am cruising in Europa league II, 3 wins from 4 and a goal difference of +8, largely thanks to that 9-0 horsing of Larnakas.  My star aquisition Ahed Magdy, who I got for 1.1 Million looks already to be a fantastic bit of business, valued now at 6.5 Million, not bad for a 19 year old 

image.png.e1e84174b862772b301b57fc4df3060a.png

Oh and I am into the final of the Betfred. 

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Meanwhile in my Hibsverse things had been looking up, I thought that I may be able to keep pace with the leaders and maybe stay in a title hunt.  Just needed to get something from my trip to Parkhead before the November International break, I mean how hard can it be....

image.png.414036625d2bb62aa12bb477fca1b69e.png

Table now looks like this 

image.png.b093b159ad559908a69659255ae75b42.png

Despite the setback I am cruising in Europa league II, 3 wins from 4 and a goal difference of +8, largely thanks to that 9-0 horsing of Larnakas.  My star aquisition Ahed Magdy, who I got for 1.1 Million looks already to be a fantastic bit of business, valued now at 6.5 Million, not bad for a 19 year old 

image.png.e1e84174b862772b301b57fc4df3060a.png

Oh and I am into the final of the Betfred. 

What season are you on.

Hibsverse has gone very Hibs in the period between the November International break and the January break.  3 wins, 3 draws, and 3 defeats has seen me fall away from the Glasgow two and even behind Hearts.  James Forrest and my wonderkid Ahmed Magedy went cold during that time but I was able to add midfield reinforcements in the form of Icelandic International Samuel Kari Fried Jonsoon (who had left his Icelandic club).   He scored twice on his full debut and has 3 goals in 5 appearances for me.   I also lost the Betfred final 4-1 but did manage to progress in Europa League II

Here is the table, need to pick it up to get back ahead of Hearts.  Both derbies so far have been 0-0 draws (true to reality).  

image.png.57f058580125566ffec7b5e79cca6fe6.png

On 04/04/2020 at 17:40, C. Muir said:

Played till the end of November in this. As mentioned above budget was tight so was restricted to 2 additions. A loanee goalie form Arsenal an addition to 2 interesting signings.

freuz.thumb.png.6bbd54d8e31dba3229d88fd84e12c091.png

gilmour.thumb.png.61f20d99bf068bf301a3dafce33b9160.png

Thats pretty much spunked my wage budget.

Some mixed results but doing alright on the whole. Big disappointment was the FA cup exit at home to Colchester as I was hoping to get to at least R3 in the hope of a big draw for some well needed finances but oh well. Currently still in the drop zone but without the 12 point deduction I would've been in 6th :lol:

1319458691_resultsaug-nov.thumb.png.831327bc99b5ec4843ceb91732be4619.png

1697413088_table30nov.png.96cbf883160d83e63a48c8e6e75cd82d.png

Not far away from beginning season 2 with Bolton. I managed to stay in league 1. At one point I was actually pushing for a play off place but poor form in the last couple of months of the season put that to bed. Ended up finishing 16th.

As I was informed earlier in the thread, budget slashed for the coming campaign so a lot of my squad now is made up with youngsters already at the club with great potential (I managed to tie most of them down on new contracts). Remi Matthews, Luke Murphy and Dodoo agreeing new deals was a bonus too as they were 3 of my better players last season.

About 20 clubs were chasing one of my youngsters Ronan Darcy who was itching to leave, ended up getting £1.1m from Newcastle in the end. He was superb when I played him and had excellent potential so can't help but feel I was still a bit robbed here but oh well. I ended up seeing a mammoth £150k of that fee.

Managed to get a couple of experienced players in the incomings at least (Camp as player/GK coach and Grounds). Some of you might've heard or recognise the name Kevin O'Connor too. "Why?" I hear you ask. He came into a bit of a windfall in late 2017/early 2018. Maybe he's still got some and will donate some to his new, skint employers :lol:

65957290_inandoutseason2.thumb.png.0cbd4b3f77f59eb107fb5de3f91bfdf5.png

released.png.2f633f9fbd544d180db29c83e1c13e19.png

On 04/04/2020 at 17:40, C. Muir said:

Squad looks a bit different now! Here is my first team and u23 squad as it's shaping up for season 2. Hopefully I can hold on to these youngsters with excellent potential as long as possible or at least until their value goes up and I get big bids (not £1m again)

1723764392_firstteamseaso2.thumb.png.dfe35d7e79b3946e61e08e6584990533.png

reserves.thumb.png.fc9ae3eadcef0cb4f5f81405350d4d72.png

Of all the hundreds of saves I ever had in FM the game in the ol' Champ Manager where I went Wimbledon, in their final season before the MK move sticks in the mind. They had a team of young players, in admin, couldn't knock back any bids at all, and through, basically, Nigel Reo-Coker and Jobi McAnuff managed to scrape promotion to the Premier League through the play offs only to lose all my starting XI for a pittance and still remain under a transfer lockdown. Got sacked 8 games into the new season after getting pummelled in every game with a goal difference of -52 without scoring a single goal.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Here is the state of play going into the split 

image.png.caae0a3121648fb7fc1790efb9c74acf.png

Hoping Ross County go down so it will be easier for me to poach their best young player lol  I tried to unsettle him in January but Ross County kept asking for like 15 million for him, so I told them to get stuffed but if they go down it will be much harder for them to resist!

image.thumb.png.fb8a48673eea4bd5d5e37aa7bc7b5787.png

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Hoping Ross County go down so it will be easier for me to poach their best young player lol  I tried to unsettle him in January but Ross County kept asking for like 15 million for him, so I told them to get stuffed but if they go down it will be much harder for them to resist!

image.thumb.png.fb8a48673eea4bd5d5e37aa7bc7b5787.png

Hes not that great, IMO.

No concentration. Cant pass. No balance so cant score under pressure. No technical ability.

After 3 defeats out of 3 to start the season I delved into the market to see what shite I could waste the rest of my budget on. Made 3 further additions..

vaughan.thumb.png.522ae49edc9c51fb9d054e649621ba26.png

Worth a punt at 8k I thought and can cover a few positions.

khan.thumb.png.b774c60a31dfd3d85dc51d35647ccd58.png

Free agent. Again can cover a few positions.

And finally one that I thought was a bit of a coup. If we play to his strengths he could be pretty useful similar to how Daryl Murphy was for me last season. I will need to wait another few weeks to see what he can do though as he twisted his ankle 7mins into his debut and is now injured :lol:

garner.thumb.png.61ead2eef4e52e189b0dc8dc0c0e913d.png

Probably going to be a front 2 of Dodoo and Garner when both fit. Sevco banter years front 2 eat your heart out.

Edited by C. Muir

On 09/04/2020 at 08:58, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not that great, IMO.

No concentration. Cant pass. No balance so cant score under pressure. No technical ability.

He's got a ton of potential, County just went down so I am going to try to use some of the Flo Kamberi money (Toronto FC paid me 5 mil for him) to poach him.  Hearts and Watford are also both interested

Here is how the final table ended up, a gut wrenching loss at home to Hearts in the penultimate game sealed my fourth place.  Hearts also won the Scottish Cup, beating Aberdeen in the final while Motherwell survived a scare to beat Livingston in the playoff.  I've already concluded three free transfers, a 22 year old left back named Phil Kemper from Bayer Leverkusen, 23 year old Dutch winger Anouar El Mhassani on a free from West Ham and Frederico Ricci from Udinese.  I've had an offer of 1M accepted for the Ross County lad so hopefully can have some problem areas sorted early on.  

Next problem will be to ditch some dead weight, I had sent Tom Ince and Matty Pearson on loan to St. Johnstone both still have time left on their contracts while David Davis (who spent the year on loan at St. Mirren) and Tyler Blackett are leaving on free transfers.  I also have to decide what to do with James Forrest, he was brilliant in the first half of the season and shite in the second half.  He's 32, on a big wage and I have wingers coming in.  

image.png.f028c1558c854ceeba451009d8eff204.png

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Not played FM on the laptop for god knows how long. But I’m going to download it. Wondering if there’s any Scottish pyramid style games available to download? Hoping to play as a Junior team and take them up the ranks. 

I have one on steam mate... Its called Scotland Revamped 

20 leagues, 4 cups