FM 2020

ajwffc

I have a Newcastle save running at the moment and I am experiencing the same issues, Yedlin & Williams as wingbacks are shooting from the most ridiculous angles. Hardly any 1 v 1s result in goals I have more success from shots at the edge of the box. I initially put the problem down to Joelinton being real-life Joelinton as he's only on 6 goals for the season. I got taken over prior to the January transfer window and had a budget of circa £7m for the window. Following the takeover the new Managing Director took it upon themselves to agree deals for 2 players which I could do nothing about. To be fair, they were 2 great signings in Bruno Guimaraes & Victor Tsygankov. However, there was about £60m in the bank which they have completely wiped out with those 2 transfers so I was left selling players for the remainder of the window - haven't seen that before where a takeover brings in players with them. 
I am sitting 8th come February and despite the problems with scoring I am fairly enjoying the game. I will be sticking with this save as Brexit has been cancelled!
I have had an already established board blow my entire transfer budget on a marquee signing. In a position I did not need a player in while I was scouting a couple of players in a position I did need in a past game.

Following the takeover the new Managing Director took it upon themselves to agree deals for 2 players which I could do nothing about. To be fair, they were 2 great signings in Bruno Guimaraes & Victor Tsygankov. However, there was about £60m in the bank which they have completely wiped out with those 2 transfers so I was left selling players for the remainder of the window - haven't seen that before where a takeover brings in players with them. 

I am sitting 8th come February and despite the problems with scoring I am fairly enjoying the game. I will be sticking with this save as Brexit has been cancelled!

I had this in my Hull file when I got took over as we got promoted. The board brought in Sass Lukic from Torino? Had never heard of him great player but. That was a lot of my budget gone with loads of monthly repayments to the old club as well which I normally don’t do. Pain in the arse also as they offered him a contract with loads of clauses I normally avoid like yearly wage rises etc. But I had no way to cancel the deal.

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Strikers missing nearly every single 1 on 1 yet Mason Greenwood has hit 34 goals in a season 3 seasons in. We are only in April joke.

Louis Appere has 20 goals for my Dumbarton side and I'm in February. If he'd scored even 60% of his one on ones he'd be on for 40 goals easy. Really hope they sort this shit out quickly.

23 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Finally got a laptop that can run FM this year so tried the demo out, finished it and downloading the full game just now. Does anyone know the process for carrying over my save from the demo into the full game?

Shouldnt need to do anything special. You might need to load the game, rather than it show up as the "last played" but thats all

On 17/01/2020 at 11:27, The Moonster said:

Louis Appere has 20 goals for my Dumbarton side and I'm in February. If he'd scored even 60% of his one on ones he'd be on for 40 goals easy. Really hope they sort this shit out quickly.

Theres a beta being tested publicly, but I've no idea how much of an improvement it is.

Dundee have just made the Europa League Final in my Saints save, in 2023/24.

The beta is a huge upgrade on what came before, so the next patch should make the game playable again.

Celtic have won every league season so far. Now in 23/24.

1. Hearts - 37 games played - 81pts

2. Celtic - 36 games played - 79pts

My final two games? Celtic at home, then Hearts at home...

Drew 0-0 with Celtic, so goes to the final day. I play Hearts, Celtic away to Dundee. I'm 3 points behind Dundee with a better GD, and that's a battle for the final European place...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Celtic, despite going down to 10 men, draw 1-1 away to Dundee.

Hearts....

Lose 2-1 at McDiarmid Park, failing to threaten at all until a 93rd minute goal. Celtic now sit at 13 titles in a row.

Alan Forrest this generations Albert Kidd as he scores the decisive second goal for St Johnstone. 

23/24 also sees Rangers win their first major trophy of this save, beating Celtic on penalties in the Scottish Cup.

Dundee played Rennes in the Europa League Final, and lose 2-1. Game was 1-1 until a Dundee player was sent off.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Are other people having issues with penalties being missed at an absurd rate?  I'm currently managing Sheffield United and my original penalty taker, John Fleck, who has a penalty taking rating of 14 and composure of 14 missed 4 of 5 penalties he took so I put another guy with a 14 pen rating (winger Gennaro Tutino) on pens and he has only scored 5 of 9. 

Got a week or so to make some changes for the next data update. Anyone got anything they'd like to see looked at for the St Mirren data? I know there was a bit of criticism of Hladky's attirbutes so will have a look at that. MacPherson will probably get a wee bump as he's now a regular but will probably lower McAllister's PA a bit as his injury problems mean he's realistically unable to reach the heights he'd probably have been able to.

Any other comments let me know :)

@SGMilne

Dundee still have the Livi striker as Jack Hamilton's face. We can't offer more than £550 for an assistant manager at the start of the game and can't employ any paid scouts. This being sorted for the January update?

I have had a bit of success playing a 5-3-2 with Arsenal recently, as I struggled with my usual 4231 formations.

It kind of goes against the grain a little bit playing without wingers, but it's been pretty solid and effective (though unspectacular) and has helped me get some really good results. Teams seem to struggle to get shots on target against my team, and 

I have good central midfield and striking options in my Arsenal team (I have undertaken a complete overhaul of the squad and replaced most of them with younger players - with the exception of Dries Martens who was signed on a free) and was trying to find a way to be able to field as many of my best players as possible while being harder to score against. It seems to be working so far.

Edited by The Gypsy King

In a season where I got Sheffield United promoted to the premier league I also won the FA Cup!  Meaning I got to play the Community Shield which went well....

image.png.23ed383461354c9b2ba8b1f6e5e6e55d.png

Also, top signing tip, Sarpreet Singh is awesome

My biggest accomplishment of the save was actually turning Oli McBurnie into a goal scoring machine, 38 goals in 50 appearances as I won the Championship

Edited by senorsoupe

26 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No January transfer update? I was expecting that with the patch

they say it will be out when all the windows slam shut(copyright sky sports). But the change to the match engine was too important to hold back.