FM 2020

ajwffc

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

I havent had many penalties but the shooting from any angle and the complete incompetence of the, strikers is doing my head in. Think I'm going to leave this and come back to it after some more updates

Yeah, both are affecting my enjoyment as well.

Hopefully they'll have this somewhat resolved through the week.

Got this at the weekend, went Burton. After 15 games I'm the only English side yet to win a league game, drawing 4 and losing 11. Of the 11 I've lost, 9 are by 1 goal. Liam Boyce has scored 3 goals all season despite being tipped pre-season as a potential top goalscorer. I've tried almost everything, high line, low line, standard line, high press, low block, short passing, direct passing, wing play, 2 up front, 3 up front and nothing seems to make a massive difference to the outcome of my performances.

Also, might just be the players I tried to loan but seems to be very few players available for nothing in the loan market. I got two players in on loan but they cost me about £6K in wages and I struggled to find any quality at all that clubs were happy to let go for nothing. I hope that's not the way of it because it makes going smaller clubs extremely hard.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Got this at the weekend, went Burton. After 15 games I'm the only English side yet to win a league game, drawing 4 and losing 11. Of the 11 I've lost, 9 are by 1 goal. Liam Boyce has scored 3 goals all season despite being tipped pre-season as a potential top goalscorer. I've tried almost everything, high line, low line, standard line, high press, low block, short passing, direct passing, wing play, 2 up front, 3 up front and nothing seems to make a massive difference to the outcome of my performances.

Also, might just be the players I tried to loan but seems to be very few players available for nothing in the loan market. I got two players in on loan but they cost me about £6K in wages and I struggled to find any quality at all that clubs were happy to let go for nothing. I hope that's not the way of it because it makes going smaller clubs extremely hard.

Chopping and changing tactics isnt always the best thing to do. Certainly the advice in last years game was to setup a tactic and play as many pre-season games as possible to build up familiarity.

You could also be seeing the effects of the same issues djchapsticks mentioned

Just now, Mr X said:

Chopping and changing tactics isnt always the best thing to do. Certainly the advice in last years game was to setup a tactic and play as many pre-season games as possible to build up familiarity.

You could also be seeing the effects of the same issues djchapsticks mentioned

Aye, I don't normally change as much as I have been doing, I've only been doing it to try and change my fortunes. But doesn't matter if I play a low, narrow 4-5-1 or an attacking high press 4-3-3, I still lose the games by the odd goal or sneak a draw.

I sincerely hope it's the games problem and not just the fact that I am shite at it.

Much like 19 - the game has some helpful new features which make it 'better' than previous incarnations, but in terms of visual presentation and progress of ME against an acceptable trajectory it has receeded massively.

The guys at SI are total wankstains who are killing a great franchise in every way other than commercially (arguably the most important), due to a total lack of care and a lack of attention to what has made the series enjoyable over last two decades +. 

The pathetic tone of their forum says it all.

I would love to see the series crash and burn to be picked up by someone worthy of the title, but that will clearly not happen any time soon as, buoyed by faux interacitons with semi-intelligent pro-footballers they sell millions of copies to people who do one season saves with City or Liverpool and contently stop there .

Yes I've put nearly 100 hours into this shitfest already :( 

8 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Just about to start the Betfred cup in the next campaign and I've still had no league fixtures generated. Read earlier in the thread that that has been a bug for people in the past. Ragin :lol:

Only on FM19? Havent seen any mentions of it on 20.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only on FM19? Havent seen any mentions of it on 20.

Aye I didn't mean in this specific FM just ones in the past. I'm playing 20 but using a database that enabled scotland down to the SoS league so I guess there's something wrong with that. Guess it's time to start again on the normal DB!

Edited by C. Muir

On 22/11/2019 at 13:33, C. Muir said:

My Euros group

Croatia
England
Scotland
Wales

:lol:

Finished 2nd in this. Came back from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Croatia, then beat Wales 2-1 before getting rid rotten 5-0 by England but thankfully had already done enough to qualify. A Mikey Johnston extra time winner against Switzerland took me to the quarter final before a 3-0 exit to Spain. Done much better than I thought I would though. I also had a player sent off in every match at the tournament :lol:

This was my Euros 23 man squad anyway.

876959976_eurossquad.thumb.png.ae7793bb8f7d7af0a40dc4370f7baf79.png

Onto the Nations League again, I'm in a group with Finland, Romania and Czech Rep.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:42, djchapsticks said:

Seeing that SI are now reviewing the issues surrounding underperforming strikers which appears to essentially be down to a lack of movement, coupled with wingers/fullbacks who hit the by line and shoot from stupid angles instead of crossing.

Keeping my main save on hold for a few days until match engine issues are fixed.

Good - both of these issues have been doing my nut in.

My 17th in the world Scotland squad have just drawn 0-0 away at Malta. All of the hard work undone with one game. I can't believe that. Taking a break from the game for a bit.
That is so realistic

On 27/11/2019 at 14:32, Ludo*1 said:

Good - both of these issues have been doing my nut in.

Can't see any other Dundee fan whos been playing to tag in this...

1512186762_LadbrokesPremiership_CompetitionReview.thumb.png.a4679fb024e6d2196e4d9a64546924ba.png

... Jim Duffy is your manager.

21/22 season ends with a 5th placed finish. Weird old season as we started brutal, turned amazing, then ended horrendously.

My big signings from last season, Nicky Devlin and Scott Martin, are both transfer listed after just a year. Devlin has interest but no offers, while Martin is heading to Dundee for £200k. Made £75k off him which is decent. Michael O'Halloran is heading back to Australia for £175k aswell, while David Wotherspoon moved to QOS for £35k, neither played at all last season really, just odd appearances here and there. 

Trying to decide what to do with May. Hit 12 in season one, 8 in season 2 and didn't score a single goal in number 3. He's earning more than Lyndon Dykes who is first choice, despite never outperforming him. I'm nervous as f**k about selling him as hes a Team Leader, and I've already let two go in Wotherspoon and MOH, so think I'll keep him around simply to keep the peace. Could really be doing with his wages now though.

Already agreed to sign a young English midfielder on a PCA, was on loan last season and done alright. Also managed to sign Anthony Ralston permanently, was my best RB for two seasons on loan, then I tried to replace him with Devlin and Ralston wanted to stay at Celtic. Didn't work out for either party as I got a shite RB and Ralston didnt play a single game, he was released in the Summer so I didn't hesitate. Only other confirmed signing was Greg Docherty, also released this Summer, hes played about 12 games in the past two seasons for Rangers but I'm hoping his potential is still there, he'll replace Martin in the squad and hopefully won't be as poor.

Started as Tottenham, made a great start to the season sitting third closely behind Man City and Tottenham. Lost 1-0 to Liverpool in the Carabao cup and since then I’ve never recovered. Lost at home to Newcastle and Sheffield United. Drew away to Bournemouth and Lille in the Champions league and I’ve fallen to 8th. Very difficult can’t stop this rot.

Started as Tottenham, made a great start to the season sitting third closely behind Man City and Tottenham. Lost 1-0 to Liverpool in the Carabao cup and since then I’ve never recovered. Lost at home to Newcastle and Sheffield United. Drew away to Bournemouth and Lille in the Champions league and I’ve fallen to 8th. Very difficult can’t stop this rot.

Ive just started a game with them. Punting eriksen for £67m, alderweild for £27m and wanyams for £20m. Hopefully rebuild the squad with that