FM 2020

ajwffc

Is "instant result" just the same as going on holiday in the full version if you want to skip a match? I've noticed instant result appear on a couple of skins on the full version but never used it.

Edited by C. Muir

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Is "instant result" just the same as going on holiday in the full version if you want to skip a match? I've noticed instant result appear on a couple of skins on the full version but never used it.

I think instant result leaves you as manager, I think. Going on holiday puts your assistant in charge. 

I used the holiday method to batter through a split on FM19, we won every game and my assistant got Manager of the Year.

I went through a pretty horrid run with this and questioned whether to keep playing. Sacked from Leicester for not finishing 5th, sacked from Stuttgart for not winning the league, sacked from Hibs for not finishing 3rd, all of those in my first season in charge. I was especially pissed off at the Hibs one as I'd built a good team and already signed up lads for the following season, I was only 4 points off 3rd but they bagged me. 

Took over at Raith Rovers where the board only ever wanted me to challenge for the play-offs by the end of 5 years and it's gone well so far. Finished 2nd in Champ and won the play-offs, now sitting 4th (just above Hibs - insert Gregg Wallace here) in the Prem after the first handful of games. I really am questioning my board though, in the Champ they gave me a wage budget of £48K of which I only used £35K and we still ended up nearly a million quid in debt. Now they're talking about building a new stadium despite the debt and an increased Premiership wage budget of £60K. Just seems like complete madness that will result in a heavily chopped budget in future.

On 18/06/2020 at 11:29, Smurph said:

our aim has to be CL qualification this season

Second season completed as Fiorentina. However did we do?

Managed to overhaul several of the players and made £78m. Pezzella and Alfred Duncan both leaving to China making the most money. Marcos Paolo, Yuri Verschaeren and Andrea Cistana coming in. We also signed Sebastiano Luperto on loan from Napoli and Wuilker Farinez. I managed to hold on to Dragowski, Milenkovic, Pulgar and Chiesa all with the promise of Champion's League football next season.

1983717242_Screenshot2020-06-22at01_41_26.png.49f96b6dca2157af23960017fc3e902c.png

We smashed our Europa League group without conceding a goal. We were drawn against Feyenoord in the next round, where we managed a 3-0 win at De Kuip and a 1-0 win back home in Italy. We played Rennes in the last 16 winning 2-0 at home and 2-1 away. In the quarter final we met Manchester United. Probably going to be the hardest game to date. In a hard battle at the Artemio Franchi, a Mason Greenwood free kick followed by (a better) Lavro Majer free kick meant that it was a 1-1 draw going to Old Trafford. Advantage Man Utd.

We lost 3-0 lol but they won in the end against Sevilla

League business then. We were a little inconsistent the first half of the season, we were still in the top six and trying to pull away from a disappointing Inter MilanAtalanta and ambitious Sassuolo. With 5 games to go and knocked out of the Europa League, we had to fully go for it. We'd managed to beat Napoli and Milan on the way to the final of the Coppa Italia, where we disposed of Parma 3-0 to win the trophy for the first time in 20 years. We also beat Juventus, the first time in five attempts, with a great 1-0 win at home.

1949968167_Screenshot2020-06-30at00_49_40.thumb.png.8e914e30cc3d94e2bf3c709db56690d6.png

We beat Benevento, Roma (thank f**k), Genoa in the three succeeding games. We then travelled to Turin to face Torino, who needed a win to confirm their safety from relegation and what time to do it at home to your fans, and to prevent a Fiorentina who are second in the league from guaranteed Champions League football...

We fucked it and lost 1-0. They scored in the 20th minute and there was absolutely f**k all that we could do about it. Hardly mustered any shots on goal and unfortunately it looked like all the teams around us had managed to win too.

2139971241_Screenshot2020-06-30at17_26_47.png.36515bd2466edca00d54ef5f7dfd43c7.png

We had it all to do. With a win against Torino we would have been 2nd still and although we wouldn't have been confirmed yet it would have made things a whole lot easier. Not only did we have to beat... AC MILAN AT HOME (what a story) - we had to make sure that a concoction of Napoli, Lazio and Roma didn't manage to win their games either.

894310414_Screenshot2020-06-30at17_57_04.png.1baab6f28865cd3592779d45697d6e0c.png

1819035722_Screenshot2020-06-30at17_49_08.png.ccd6210c200e3aec84810f5da6169f2c.png

1842651860_Screenshot2020-06-30at17_52_41.thumb.png.200ba67ec6f79a2175435e65a2093b9b.png

Scenes!

Couldn't believe it. What a dominating performance. Roma beat Parma 5-1 and Napoli drew 0-0 with Benevento which sees Fiorentina finish 4th. Not only that, it's their most wins ever in the league (previously 22) and most points (previously 72)

192046728_Screenshot2020-06-30at18_34_05.png.9bd089c7215fd763ed15c09e0427b08a.png

Thankfully that means most of my key players should stay and maybe we'll attract a higher calibre of player to the team too. Have a few positions I need to strengthen but overall I'm happy with where we are. Need to score more goals. But enough of that, time to open the chianti.

Also Marco Bielsa can go f**k himself. Hahahaha. 3-0 mate. Three. Nil.

282006093_Screenshot2020-06-30at17_58_37.png.5e05e344ffd8755e5efbb714777d948c.png

Edited by Smurph

On 29/06/2020 at 16:28, gav-ffc said:

First time play FM20 so I started a save with Falkirk ( as you do) 

Started on the original game without the January update to see what it would be like with Mr McKinnons team and f**k me every single midfield is a deep lying player maker. Tidser, Gomis, Telfer and McShane. 

Apart from a new defender not much will change bar some depth for the squad like a cheap left back to cover Dixon.

Won the Betfred group that contained Motherwell, Partick, Stranraer and Queens park and got Celtic away which will be a laugh.

Somehow posted this in FM19 thread.

League 1 is a canter and we only lost 2-0 away to Celtic which is about 5 less than I imagined with Buchanan and Durnan at the back.

Next season Craig Sibbald and Bob Mchugh will once again wear navy blue as will Steven Hendrie to replace Dixon.

Like @gav-ffc I've started one with Falkirk. Purely random and inspired by watching John Hughes on Open Goal.  Aim is to do a Yogi and get Falkirk as an established top flight side, while playing attractive football.

Like Gav said, League 1 is an absolute canter. I've played 17 games, won 13 and drawn 4. Got all the way to the semi's of the Betfred losing to Hearts. Topped a group that contained Dunfermline and Hamilton, and beat Motherwell 5-2 at home in the last 16 and Aberdeen away in the Quarters. Into the semi's of the Tunnock's Cup, a trip to Partick stands between me and either Arbroath or Bohemians in the final. Into the 4th round of the Scottish Cup too where I play St Johnstone at home.

Haven't done a lot of business. Needed a left back and took Steven Smith on trial only for him to bugger off to Tranmere. Kinda put all my eggs in one basket with that and was left with little options in the free market so signed Kenny Adamson previously of Kelty. He's done well enough. Had Asamoah Gyan, Gael Bigirimana and Casper Sloth on trial but sadly all wanting too much. Other than that, it's Craig Storie, Logan Martin and a goalkeeper Mark Hurst. Not much needed for this level so happy to scrimp and save money for back in the Championship. 

11 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Like @gav-ffc I've started one with Falkirk. Purely random and inspired by watching John Hughes on Open Goal.  Aim is to do a Yogi and get Falkirk as an established top flight side, while playing attractive football.

Like Gav said, League 1 is an absolute canter. I've played 17 games, won 13 and drawn 4. Got all the way to the semi's of the Betfred losing to Hearts. Topped a group that contained Dunfermline and Hamilton, and beat Motherwell 5-2 at home in the last 16 and Aberdeen away in the Quarters. Into the semi's of the Tunnock's Cup, a trip to Partick stands between me and either Arbroath or Bohemians in the final. Into the 4th round of the Scottish Cup too where I play St Johnstone at home.

Haven't done a lot of business. Needed a left back and took Steven Smith on trial only for him to bugger off to Tranmere. Kinda put all my eggs in one basket with that and was left with little options in the free market so signed Kenny Adamson previously of Kelty. He's done well enough. Had Asamoah Gyan, Gael Bigirimana and Casper Sloth on trial but sadly all wanting too much. Other than that, it's Craig Storie, Logan Martin and a goalkeeper Mark Hurst. Not much needed for this level so happy to scrimp and save money for back in the Championship. 

Using the trial market to fluff out my squad got me by. Soon as they played one game they were wanted by other clubs instantly.

I'm still on 18 but does anyone else spend what feels like hours every pre season scouring through the released lists of all the top tier clubs in Scotland and England, and sometimes championship sides? Adjust depending on your level of course.

If I'm in Scotland top tier or second tier England I'll also run team reports on all EPL teams to find decent loan signings.

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Using the trial market to fluff out my squad got me by. Soon as they played one game they were wanted by other clubs instantly.

Aye it's nippy. Steven Smith would've been a cracking signing for me at left back and wanted very reasonable terms, I even amended it when Tranmere came calling but the deal he signed in the end was £2k a week. Could never compete with that.

Season 1 - Falkirk

League Position - 1st - P36 W27 D8 L1 F85 A24 Pts89

Scottish Cup - Quarter Finals, lost to St Mirren

Betfred Cup - Semi Finals, lost to Hearts

Tunnocks Cup - Winners vs Arbroath

Top scorer - Conor Sammon - 23 goals (honourable mention to Charlie Telfer with 22)

Couldn't have wished for a better season at all. Of course winning the league was wholly expected but losing once all season was impressive. That sole defeat was 2-1 at Starks Park so no shame at all as they pushed me to the title for quite some time. Happy to win the Tunnocks Cup, comfortable win against Arbroath in the final and nice to add some silverware on the CV with the league trophy.

Good runs in both big cups too, beating a few Premiership teams on the way, including poor old Motherwell who I beat in both cups. Bit gutted to go out to St Mirren in the Scottish, as we were 1 up at home for ages and let in a last minute equaliser to go to a replay. Again we pushed them all the way but they scored late and beat me 2-1. We'd have played Hearts again in the semi, and I fancied my chances 2nd time round.

Board want me to finish in the playoff spots in the Championship so nae pressure...

On 04/07/2020 at 11:07, Stellaboz said:

I'm still on 18 but does anyone else spend what feels like hours every pre season scouring through the released lists of all the top tier clubs in Scotland and England, and sometimes championship sides? Adjust depending on your level of course.

If I'm in Scotland top tier or second tier England I'll also run team reports on all EPL teams to find decent loan signings.

I'm still playing 2012. 

I love it 

17 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Signed Steven Fletcher and Chris Martin for Falkirk in the Championship on free transfers. Absolutely buzzing for the season ahead.

360k transfer budget and 35k a week wage budget. 

Nicky Cadden first in the door for 135k the rest are mostly frees and pre contracts ( Sibbald, McHugh, Nicky Clark and a boy Sam Hughes from Leicester)

Been playing a Blackburn save recently while having a break from the saves I do a story on.

Going into my 2nd season in charge (3rd season of the save altogether, holidayed the 1st season and took over at the end of that), signed a good squad up after a lot of departures in the summer, local derby away to Preston to start.

"Right into them from the start lads, but channel our discipline at the same time. Important to keep 11 men on"

Spoiler

image.png.60bf973b67ae66a84a3d2424ef1056bb.png

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

360k transfer budget and 35k a week wage budget. 

Nicky Cadden first in the door for 135k the rest are mostly frees and pre contracts ( Sibbald, McHugh, Nicky Clark and a boy Sam Hughes from Leicester)

Can't remember my wage budget but the board gave me £800k to spend. Didn't bother though. Tried to sign Goodwillie but he refused. Had about £1.6 million in the bank helped by cup runs. Had an indifferent start which included a 6-0 pumping off of Dundee, but on a good run of form which has got me battling for the top. Hoping to get to the Prem with at least about £2 million in the bank.

A 6-1 win at Dunfermline marks the midway point of my 2nd season at Falkirk. Currently sat on 44 points from 18 games, 3 clear of Dundee, and 10 ahead of 3rd place Dundee United who have completely fell away. Lost twice early in the season but on a great run atm and if I can gain a bit of a bigger lead over Dundee, I can't see us not winning the league this season.

Season 2 - Falkirk

League Position - 1st - P36 W26 D5 L5 F68 A29 Pts 83

Scottish Cup - 5th round, lost to Hibs

Betfred Cup - Quarter Finals, lost to Hearts

Tunnocks Cup - Winners vs Hearts Colts

Top scorer - Charlie Telfer - 18 Goals

2 seasons to achieve what I set out to do has made me very happy. Pushed all the way to the title by Dundee but got their in the end. Now to build for the Premiership.