FM 2020

ajwffc

49 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Does anyone else get shafted by disallowed goals? I had three in one game last night, all for offside. Been an issue I’ve had for months.

I did for ages, but it seems to have gotten a lot better recently. I still get the odd game where there's about 5 disallowed goals, but it's not every second game like it was a few months ago.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least we now know which shitebag club went around everyone who made logo packs/kit packs and threatening them with legal action if they didnt pull all their downloadable content.

Hope Sega dont back down.

At least Juventus have been up front at why they are not in the game, Man United are just being shitty about it

On 22/05/2020 at 16:01, C. Muir said:

Season 2021/22

image.thumb.png.5d8d41ae159b2158397474039bf6ec66.png

Horrible opening day against Motherwell, equally horrible Betfred cup tie against Dundee although I did field a weakened side with the forthcoming Europa League play off round in mind. A decision which seems a good one now as we qualified for the group stages (more on that soon). Bit of a quieter start to the season thankfully having entered Europa League qualifying 2 rounds later than the previous 2 years.

Sam Hughes looks an absolute beast. His 4 goals so far have been headers from corners, also an assist or 2 from flicking on/heading back across goal. Could be a real bargain at £375k, especially after just getting £12.5m for McKenna. Halkett injured just now but could have a task on his hands getting into the team with Kerr and Hughes performing well at the back so far.

Anyway, the Europa League group :lol:

image.png.67b82b5a248c30e22d30d468fcb65209.png

Yikes. Similar to the Champions League 3rd placed sides going into the Europa League, 3rd place in the Europa League now go into the knockout stage of the new conference league, so there's a glimmer of hope for me there and an incentive to pip Young Boys to 3rd to continue playing European football after Christmas. Obviously qualifying would be spectacular but I've completely dismissed it already.

Sep, Oct & Nov 2021

League

image.thumb.png.29af7cae2adb823cbd0bf2c0957c1894.png

Celtic won with the last kick of the ball in a game I went ahead in. 0-0 stalemates were utter borefests where hardly anything was created by either side. Utter humilation at Ibrox with Jurgen Locadia up there with the best individual performances against me in FM history. Scored 5 of the 6. St Mirren scored late for their equaliser, even more frustrating by the fact Celtic lost at home to Hearts the same weekend.

League table and surprise surprise we're in our favourite position of 3rd. Looks like Celtic might have a title challenge on their hands this year but unfortunately not from me.

image.png.1820a78c7229d525d43dad6d33f08e0a.png

Europa League

Matchday 1

image.png.f3fdb0ccc831224f7985ea6b3e92e529.png

Genuine seethe. Brophy turned from hero to villain with a daft foul on the half way line which they scored from the resulting free kick punt up the park. Suppose it should've still been defended better.

Matchday 2

image.png.4980dd92fcbe98fe2c06f0c9dd44d571.png

Wasn't really in this game at all and was too late by the time we got our arse in gear.

Matchday 3

image.png.b5da300c6a467a7e57231055448aba5a.png

Matchday 4

image.png.41180c84ed18700b335dfde692cee373.png

Matchday 5

image.png.bbdb8c7cd6c9547eb0a217c5ebb1cac9.png

Matchday 6

image.png.727001fe61ea65a09070b599bc9dd820.png

Table

image.png.91ee0992d93a2adcc10698309ceae0d1.png

So a miracle result in Marseille would see us through, but failing that I just need to match Young Boys' result to go into the Conference League as I have a better head-to-head than them. That draw in the opening game is even more frustrating now as going into the final game level pegging with Marseille could've made things really interesting.

Edited by C. Muir

December fixture list and in the league I'm really hoping for 5 wins out of 5 with the 4 home games and only away game being Alloa. Hopefully the Old Firm can drop points at some point this month too.

image.png.a765afdcc95b58061bf8149649f9eb5d.png

Edited by C. Muir

Finally bit the bullet and got this after getting completely fed up with Fifa. First one since FM18, which I barely played, although I still occasionally stick my longterm save from FM15 on (over 20 seasons played, with league titles won in Belgium, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy and France).

Quite enjoy a challenge, so straight in at the deep end tonight with an Athletic Bilbao save.

HWFG.

Well December never quite went according to plan.

image.thumb.png.ae0d39956ff4209884f43505aeddfad0.png

Young Boys also battered Spurs 4-2 :lol: So bottom of the group it was.

Going in to the winter break I'm, you guessed it, 3rd.

image.png.0a190271d8a5557a7a9825228f514959.png

Hopefully win my 2 games in hand over Rangers and be right up their arses.

Will be some squad movement in January I think, probably look to move on Louis Moult permanently, can't really get a run of games and had a few injury spells too. Dean Campbell, Connor Barron and Lewis Smith will be loaned out if any suitable bidders come in. Possibly Stephen Kingsley out on loan or permanently too if I can find a replacement to be back-up to Harvie, a role Kingsleys voiced his discontent at a few times. Harvie's been better than him for me and he should just accept it. Bryson out of contract at the end of the season and unlikely to get an extension so if any offers come in for him this month that would see us get a fee might be considered. Considine is also out of contract at end of season but next season would take him to 20 years at the club so I feel obliged to give him that final year to bow out on a milestone. Maybe he could get a 2nd testimonial :lol:

Im currently managing celtic (i started with a scotland international save and got us down 15th in the world. Hard to get much lower as not many decent youngsters coming through).

I was trying to get a job in england but no one would take me and the celtic job came up so took it (whilst keeping scotland job). It was halfway through first season and they were behind rangers. I bought some decent players but rangers won the league. Since then i have revamped the team and brought in loads of young players. I try not spend a ridiculous amount on players (i currently have a transfer budget of £110m) and then i sell them if i get a good offer. I also only try and sign players under 23.

I didnt really come on to explain my career. Just to say that sebastiano esposito is someone to sign. He is 18 from inter. Got him initially on loan but then got him £15-20m. His first full season with me he scored something like 57 goals across all comps.

Following on from this. January transfer window. Managed to negotiate up the following deals

Karamoko dembele to spurs - £54m
Tete to bayern munchen - £63m

Ive managed to get justin kluivert in on loan from man city and only having to pay £57k a week.

I just can’t bring myself to spend a huge amount on a replacement. Already have a budget of £110m before these two go through

Does anyone know if anyone's done any Scottish Pyramid mods since the WoSL was announced? Enjoying playing a pyramid mod at moment but would be good to start again if there is one going around with the West Region Juniors within the WoSL and the league system.

January 2022

2 out, 2 in.

image.png.c9703c24eb878ce969bed7b6d89322a6.png

image.png.0f5b103ed74ea5b0e3976ae5634a5acc.png

2 backup players out on loan, 2 players who will probably walk straight in to the 11 signed. Some folk may remember Mitchell (left sided player) from a spell at Hearts a couple of years ago. Good stats and 4* potential. Skinning me 10k a week though which kind of overlooks the cheap transfer fee :lol: Gives me a headache between him and Harvie now but as the quote goes, competition is healthy. Players signed were both on deadline day so not featured yet.

image.thumb.png.40e8ab73aa7c5e248e59a3b7bb912fa6.png

Nice simple cup tie to ease ourselves back into the action after the winter break. Rhodes with a hopefully confidence boosting hat trick after struggling in the league for goals this season.

Yet again Celtic came from behind to beat me. Back to quotes, my games against Celtic where I take the lead and still lose reminds me of this one from Winston in Still Game about the devil dug.

image.png.0a7f85b2941ee51d9242bd226948d8b0.png

Big win in Paisley followed by a disappointment at Tannadice. Brophy came off injured in this game and is out for 3-4 months :( He's been unbelievable for me and great business getting him in first season with the Cosgrove money. Took a risk and decided against signing a replacement as I still have Toney, Rhodes and Moult who I haven't managed to shift this month. Although I said earlier Windass, Bennett and Smith can play up front but I'll probably never use them there, the fact they can still gives me plenty of options in Brophy's absence.

On Toney, he's progressed massively. Current ability has went from 2 1/2* to 3 1/2* in his 6 months at the club since joining.

Edited by C. Muir

atleti.jpg.455d7c039921b59a0b2c8e7dd02e7299.jpg The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 1.

Most folk will be aware of the uniqueness of Athletic Club Bilbao. Despite restricting themselves to their cantera policy of only signing players with strong links to the Basque country (pop. approx. 3 million), they are one of Spain's most successful clubs, having never been relegated from the top division, with 8 titles and 23 copa's. However, the last of these success were a double in 1984, it's been slim pickings since then.

The game does allow you to sign any Spanish player aged 16 or under (cheating imo), but it will be Basque only for me, so this will be a career with a massive emphasis on youth development. Alongside our own Lezama Facilities academy, we'll be trying to poach the best lads from the other Basque sides Real Sociadad, Eibar and Osasuna. There will be limited opportunities to buy in any real quality, the other Basque sides don't like to sell to Bilbao and the top Basque players such as Griezmann, Laporte, Kepa, Azpilicueta, Odriozola and Javi Martinez are all out of our reach in the short to mid term.

After missing out on continental qualification with an 8th place finish last season, the board are demanding European football qualification and a Copa Del Rey semi final this term, with Champions League football and a serious challenge for silverware in the future. My own target is to replace Atletico Madrid as the third force in Spanish football and deliver domestic and European glory to Bilbao.

The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 2.

Just the one in and no departures in the transfer window. Promising 17 year old central midfielder.

basque4.PNG.e5b5dec8a9515eaa286794043212b0d0.PNG

Happy enough with the squad, bit light at left back though, with nothing out there transfer wise, we'll have to hope for someone coming through. Up front a slight worry, it's 38 year old Adruiz's last season and the jury is out on whether Villalibre will be able to step up and replace him. Overall a good blend of youth and experience, the likes of Unai Simon, Unai Nunez and Cordoba are all early 20's and will be key going forward so have been handed new contracts with increased minimum fee release clauses. Benat, Raul Garcia and San Jose are all over 30 now and will be gradually phased out.

1400251977_squaddepth5.PNG.ab914ea78454357c09b58737e3d16d0f.PNG1973502030_squaddepth4.PNG.16d77c9b6a5a8f933e33c88a5c2c87fd.PNG1972524945_squaddepth3.PNG.897a298a65b0b7d05bbbab13e8971820.PNG1805343242_squaddepth2.PNG.d94855c04bdcef360759da8b5bfa78f8.PNG1869557018_squaddepth1.PNG.f57b74e7d3525dd8b49cfe8ff8aaee97.PNG

We'll be setting up in a balanced 4-2-3-1 gegenpress, with a more attacking/defensive switch available. This will be replicated in the under 19's and the B and C squads..

23 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

atleti.jpg.455d7c039921b59a0b2c8e7dd02e7299.jpg The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 1.

Most folk will be aware of the uniqueness of Athletic Club Bilbao. Despite restricting themselves to their cantera policy of only signing players with strong links to the Basque country (pop. approx. 3 million), they are one of Spain's most successful clubs, having never been relegated from the top division, with 8 titles and 23 copa's. However, the last of these success were a double in 1984, it's been slim pickings since then.

The game does allow you to sign any Spanish player aged 16 or under (cheating imo), but it will be Basque only for me, so this will be a career with a massive emphasis on youth development. Alongside our own Lezama Facilities academy, we'll be trying to poach the best lads from the other Basque sides Real Sociadad, Eibar and Osasuna. There will be limited opportunities to buy in any real quality, the other Basque sides don't like to sell to Bilbao and the top Basque players such as Griezmann, Laporte, Kepa, Azpilicueta, Odriozola and Javi Martinez are all out of our reach in the short to mid term.

After missing out on continental qualification with an 8th place finish last season, the board are demanding European football qualification and a Copa Del Rey semi final this term, with Champions League football and a serious challenge for silverware in the future. My own target is to replace Atletico Madrid as the third force in Spanish football and deliver domestic and European glory to Bilbao.

Something I've thought of doing but for some reason can't ever get in to foreign saves as much despite watching plenty of foreign football. Love Aduriz. I signed him in a Man Utd save in FM19 for about 250k and he was battering them in. Some bargain despite the age.

Edited by C. Muir

55 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Something I've thought of doing but for some reason can't ever get in to foreign saves as much despite watching plenty of foreign football. Love Aduriz. I signed him in a Man Utd save in FM19 for about 250k and he was battering them in. Some bargain despite the age.

I tend to do a mix as I find saves in Scotland/England get a bit boring and samey after a while. Done a similar save to this a few years ago with Barca, no transfers in and developing youth, was too easy as I still ended up dominating.

The Boys from the Basque Country. Part 3.

Incredibly, all 3 of Real, Atletico and Barca lost their opening fixture, the big 2 have predictably bounced back and handed out some absolute hidings but Atleti are toiling. It's been an incredible start for us though and we lead Real by 3 points at the end of September.

Capture.PNG.a21c2c751099690a9ee59d7d9c54de08.PNG

No European football this year is obviously helping us massively. Keeping a settled side with minimum rotation is paying off.

basque2.PNG.52a915d8af4bb2b780d4c1b312e85a70.PNG

We ended up going 11 unbeaten before going down at the Nou Camp, we fought back bravely from 2 down but lost a sloppy goal from a corner late on. Eden Hazard then completely ripped apart a somewhat makeshift backline at the end of the month.

basque7.PNG.235c78348574a7c5a0574bc0dd293c3e.PNG

Despite injuries and suspensions beginning to pile up, we end the year strongly, the win over Valencia our best performance to date, could genuinely have been 7 or 8 there.

Delighted with the first half of the season, going in to the new year top of the table we're clearly overachieving, but a Champions League spot looks a real possibility if and when the big 2 start to pull away.

basque6.PNG.9b3e94b84eb802c9bca037163e59a87a.PNG

Shaping up like this as we go into the split.

image.png.a0c1cf75a52a98a012bc66d5b9dbde82.png

February - Very disappointing 3 defeats on the trot sandwiched in between 2 wins. I lost Toney this month to injury too so with him and Brophy out the goals dried up.

March - Almost perfect. The ball just wouldn't go in at Livi. Thought we were going to chuck it against Rangers; raced into a 3-0 half time lead then that man Locadia scored another 2 against me to ensure a nervy finish. Thought we were on for another pisser of a defeat to Dundee but late drama turned it around.

April - unreal scenes. We were absolutely battered the full game. Reminded me of the Old Firm Betfred Cup final IRL in December there.

image.png.a3c3834804ebbe185cd4feefa9c46faa.png

So despite the double over Rangers recently, we still have plenty of work to do if we want to finish 2nd. I go to Ibrox again in the first game of the split where anything but a win won't be enough in our quest to over take them. Very underwhelming campaigns from both Edinburgh clubs this year after both being pretty solid first 2 years. St Mirren top 6 :lol:

However, away from League duty we have a slight distraction...

image.thumb.png.11522def27dacc3817717d3016c5541e.png

Celtic going to get in my way again?

image.png.070bfb93a633441957bc1177c374dc60.png

No!

Rangers?

image.png.d2b6b6bd5a88a6ec20930ae794211dc1.png

No!

The semi-final line up is...

image.png.1e596439e39b452b770c69b98416c98d.png

Edited by C. Muir